• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony : Paris Games Week press conference dated

*stalks Twitter to see which dev is lavishly talking about a trip to Paris*

Ceh, it's only Media Molecule's Alex Evans. Must be nice being able to tweet about your Paris trip without Sony PR breathing down their necks over not telegraphing their presence at game events.

You know what would be a really cool way to start off the Dreams presentation at PGW? Set it up like one of those indie showcase scenes that Sony is known for having at their conferences where they have like 6 different people on stage playing wildly different looking games and then have Alex Evans come out and say "Everything you see here was a game created in one week in Dreams."

sora87

It's really interesting to me that people don't like Sony franchises.

MS has now 3-4 factories that only job is to work on single franchises, Nintendo is relying on the same core franchises for 30 years. Mostly what I see from Xbox and Nintendo owners is excitement when a new game is announced in those series, when I see Sony announcing a sequel, it's usually resentment.
and then bitching to bring back some obscure shit like Wipeout, Ape Escape or Medievil lol

Not at all, I feel Sony have the best franchises all in all, but GoW has run it's course. I dislike that MS have studios solely for one franchise.

You know what would be a really cool way to start off the Dreams presentation at PGW? Set it up like one of those indie showcase scenes that Sony is known for having at their conferences where they have like 6 different people on stage playing wildly different looking games and then have Alex Evans come out and say "Everything you see here was a game created in one week in Dreams."

'Now let's create a new dream using pieces of all six scenes you see here.'

*stalks Twitter to see which dev is lavishly talking about a trip to Paris*

Ceh, it's only Media Molecule's Alex Evans. Must be nice being able to tweet about your Paris trip without Sony PR breathing down their necks over not telegraphing their presence at game events.

With as silent as everyone else has been, it really makes me think Media Molecule really is going to have something truly special to show. Media Molecule has even used the word "EPIC" I believe to describe their conference, and they are supposed to really reveal the game this time.

Seems as if Media Molecule are the only devs really hyping up their appearance and Sony doesn't seem to mind. It has me excited.

Seems as if Media Molecule are the only devs really hyping up their appearance and Sony doesn't seem to mind. It has me excited.

Not that I want to be a debbie-downer, but in general, I think all devs would hype up their major presence when they're allowed to. I mean, ND massively hyped up their E3 presence this year too. Other devs obviously aren't allowed to, since their reveals are secret.

PGW, obviously only Mm has been given the freedom to hype their presence this time round, so why hold back? =)

ZarKryn7

Also, I've read couple pages about whether or not Kratos is the most shittiest character in gaming. In terms of story, yeah he's extremely 1D. Gameplay terms, such as his movesets/combat style that's probably the only factor I like about Kratos.

I'll tell ya who's the shittiest character in gaming......

Bubsy.

https://youtu.be/NakglXeEyNU

thelastword

Banned
So much Kratos hate these days, is it a new thing that makes you cool???

Anyway can't wait for kratos in GOW4, this will be the best looking game on PS4 till GT7. Give me locales and a game as lengthy as GOW2 and some epic boss battles, can't wait.......in Barlog I trust.

fastmower

It's really interesting to me that people don't like Sony franchises.

MS has now 3-4 factories that only job is to work on single franchises, Nintendo is relying on the same core franchises for 30 years. Mostly what I see from Xbox and Nintendo owners is excitement when a new game is announced in those series, when I see Sony announcing a sequel, it's usually resentment.
and then bitching to bring back some obscure shit like Wipeout, Ape Escape or Medievil lol

I think people are just sick of Kratos and the God of War formula.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I want a Souls bundle.

Demon's Souls
Dark Souls
Dark Souls II

All in 1080p/60

Since Sony doesn't own the other two, i think that's impossible. At best we'd get a Demon's remaster from Sony sometime down the line(hopefully done by bluepoint)

I would have loved to see a Dark Souls 1 and 2 pack

We are definitely in need of a new Sly Cooper game. The graphical and mechanical updates should be great.

Any idea on how well Thieves in Time sold?

I absolutely love Sly Cooper but I'm not sure if it makes sense for the series to continue. I hope I'm wrong though - it's easily my favorite of Sony's "mascot" franchises.

Edit - Oh wait, I forgot about the movie! I could totally see a new game because of that.

I want a Souls bundle.

Demon's Souls
Dark Souls
Dark Souls II

All in 1080p/60

Not possible, as Sony only owns the Demon's Souls IP. Also, Dark Souls II is already on PS4. A Demon's Souls remaster would be awesome though and I hope we get a remastered version of the first Dark Souls from Bandai Namco at some point.

Loudninja

Is legit to be hyped for this with the ps experience conf happening in december? Honest question
Yes.
Next Tuesday, October 27th at 10:00 AM Pacific we’ll be drawing back the curtains on the inaugural Paris Games Week PlayStation Press Conference. In front of gathered media at the iconic La Grande Arche de la Défense, we’ll be announcing new games and offering some exciting updates on previously announced titles.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/10/22/watch-the-playstation-press-conference-in-paris-next-week/

Lucreto

I think Kratos's story should end and use the same gameplay mechanics as God of War but as a new IP.

Norse
As a recently dead hero arriving in Valhalla but nothing is what you expected. Odin has been overthrown by the forces of Helheim lead by Hel the daughter of Loki. It is up to the hero to take down the Gods that sided with her and restore Odin to the throne.

Egypt
A warrior pharaoh upon completing the rites to enter the Underworld but denied entrance. Osiris has been killed and his body was dismembered and scattered throughout Egypt by Set who wanted his throne. With the help of Isis using her father's magic revives the Pharaoh to search Egypt for the 14 pieces of his body to revive Osiris and get into the Underworld.

sn00zer

a9dkXNb.jpg

I REALLY hope a prototype video of the comes out one day. Really curious to see what it looked like.

I think Kratos's story should end and use the same gameplay mechanics as God of War but as a new IP.

Norse
As a recently dead hero arriving in Valhalla but nothing is what you expected. Odin has been overthrown by the forces of Helheim lead by Hel the daughter of Loki. It is up to the hero to take down the Gods that sided with her and restore Odin to the throne. And then you murder the shit out of Odin.

Egypt
A warrior pharaoh upon completing the rites to enter the Underworld but denied entrance. Osiris has been killed and his body was dismembered and scattered throughout Egypt by Set who wanted his throne. With the help of Isis using her father's magic revives the Pharaoh to search Egypt for the 14 pieces of his body to revive Osiris and get into the Underworld. And then you murder the shit out of Osiris.

FTFY

sublimit

Banned
What i'm looking forward the most is Nier's gameplay trailer.

From Sony's first parties i don't expect anything more than teasers of games they will probably reveal at Playstation Experience.

I think God of War needs nearly a total redo at this stage.

That style of locked camera + Square Square Triangle gameplay wont fly now. It really should have changed with the shift from PS2 to 3. At this stage the entire combat system needs to be tossed out.

Story wise. Yeah. Of Course you go with a different mythology this time around.

As for Kratos. He shouldn't be the lead this go around. GOW3 basically made him the biggest villain of that games universe. If I was in charge I would have GOW4 be the story of a new hero who was a casualty of Kratos's destruction rising up and getting his revenge and ultimately killing him and taking his sport as the next God of War. Basically mirroring the events of the first game.

Top Bottom