• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony : Paris Games Week press conference dated

Shabad

Please enlighten us with all this amazing info that we have yet to discuss about Sony's role in Paris Games week.

I don't know. Media Molecule, Housemarque ? People we know -or at least assume- will be there.
But in any cases, if you want to complain about Assassin's Creed, or praise Halo, this might not be the thread for that.

ZarKryn7

Okay can we start talking about PGW again? I'm tired of this Kratos quarrel now.

I'll start off with asking you guys this.

What do you want to see from Sony's PGW conference?

Okay can we start talking about PGW again? I'm tired of this Kratos quarrel now.

I'll start of with asking you guys this.

What do you want to see from Sony's PGW conference? You can separate them into realisticly and dream wishes categories if you like.

Personally, I'd be quite happy with just getting release dates for titles like Tomorrow Children, RIME and WiLD.

Those are some of my most anticipated titles.

Oh, and a GT7 reveal would be nice.

Vire

What I realistically expect since this is taking the place of Gamescom?

A RIME appearance, Tomorrow Children release date and hopefully Wild as well. I have little interest in seeing Sean Murray walk around on a random planet for the twelfth time.

silva1991

Realisticly: I want to see a new Horizon gameplay where Aloy explores some village or city and interact with npcs and shit. or fucking Rime gameplay.

wish: Bend's new game reveal.

Fucking Dean Hallo. Remember last E3 where he talked for 5 minutes about how awesome DayZ is and how more awesome it'll be more awesome on console? Nothing.

Also where are the two paradox interactive games they announced at gc 2014?

thuway

So Sony has some meetings setup after Paris. Supposedly- there is an unknown game getting a one hour look? I'm guessing Quantic Dream. Any guesses? And - Uncharted 4, Wild, Dreams, and Gravity Rush 2 are all getting looks by the press after the show.

The unknown getting one hour, the other games are only half an hour. So yeah.

How is the opinion of a couple of marginal players about random games released this year related to the upcoming PGW press conference ? And for that matter, what's up with all those talk about Kratos, the next one won't ever be announced at this event !

Because apparently Sony's disappointed Vire so much this year, they should just cancel their PGW conference and focus on PSX. I mean, PS4 got no game, so they can't have enough for two conferences, right?

Vire

Because apparently Sony's disappointed Vire so much this year, they should just cancel their PGW conference and focus on PSX. I mean, PS4 got no game, so they can't have enough for two conferences, right?

My point was that I hope what they announce at the upcoming conferences inspires confidence for their lineup in 2016 because 2015 was shite.

But keep taking it as a personal affront.

Mikey Jr.

Sony's Euro studios.

1. Horizon update

2. MM Dreams

3. Sony Bend

4. Some XDEV games

My point was that I hope what they announce at the upcoming conferences inspires confidence for their lineup in 2016 because 2015 was shite.

Well, it gave me one of my favorite games of all time in Bloodborne. If we get a game of that caliber every year, I'll take it.

thuway

I think Paris will have the following:

1. Gameplay of Rime- 5 minutes
2. Gameplay of Dreams - 10 minutes
3. Uncharted 4 Multiplayer footage and announcements - 5 minutes
4. Gravity Rush 2 gameplay
5. No Horizon footage, keeping it under wraps.
6. A quantic dream reveal, 10 minute trailer, the works.
7. Lots of smaller titles, and one or two AA by prolific devs like Ancel.
8. Finished off with Morpheus date and price drop for Europe.

Vire

Seems entirely reasonable and definitely plausible. Maybe minus a 10 minute reveal for Quantic Dream.

This sounds more than reasonable, and I would be very happy with this lineup! I think it's nice to not have a hugely hyped conference every once in a while.

Rime game play trailer with release date, Wild, QD's new game, ps1 / ps2 backwards compatibility, more concrete info on PSVR (price and release date) and an unexpected new game announcement (download or retail, don't care) will be good enough for me.
The good thing is all of these things have a realistic chance being of there. As long as the presentation is up to snuff (in game trailers edited nicely which gives a good idea of how the game actually plays - a la 'Horizon Zero Dawn') a conference containing all of this plus the already announced stuff like 'Dreams', 'Nier 2' and Housemarquee's new project has the chance to be the best so far for Sony this year in my opinion.

Javin98

Banned
Cory Barlog was by far the best GOW director of the lot, knowing he is at the helm has me incredibly excited about GOW 4 or whatever it will be. Kratos or not, they can't go for the same mythos again seeing how all the gods have been killed, Ascension suffered greatly because SSM simply ran out of gods to kill.

I think Kratos will still be there but somehow and for some reason, he is going to kill other gods. Also SSM are on a technical standpoint the best Sony have, GOW III was above 30fps and was the best looking game on the PS3. Their PS4 game will be the best looking released on the PS4, captain obvious shit but just another reason why I can't wait to see what they are up to.

That game must have been a total fuck up. Order 1886 released as did 3 Uncharted games so it's not like Sony have high standards in terms of output but blimey, Stig really shit the bed with that game.
youre_serious_futurama.gif

I would like to see Sony Bend and/or Quantic Dream as the major titles and then a bevy of small to mid tier type titles. A follow up on previously announced titles is a given. I wouldn't mind a sell through update on PS4 either. :p

Shabad

Well, we already know a lot about their 2016 line-up. It's made of Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted 4, The Last Guardian, Ratchet & Clank, Rime, Alienation, Gravity Rush 2, Wild, Dreams, ... It's pretty crowded already, and I am not even mentioning the third party exclusives, and non-exclusives for that matter.

Nothing that inspire confidence though, cause it's all shite right...

Anyway, I expect a good show from Media Molecule guys. Love those guys, I was pretty disappointed to see how their game reveal went pretty much unnoticed during the crazy E3 we had...

Vire

How is that not plausible? Think about it for 1 more minute.

It's plausible that Quantic Dreams would show up since they are located right around the corner, but I don't think Sony would designate a 10 minute spot to just QD considering Uncharted didn't even get a 10 minute demo and that had to be cut in half into two parts.

zsynqx

So Sony has some meetings setup after Paris. Supposedly- there is an unknown game getting a one hour look? I'm guessing Quantic Dream. Any guesses? And - Uncharted 4, Wild, Dreams, and Gravity Rush 2 are all getting looks by the press after the show.

102015-music-drake-hotline-bling-gif-8.gif

That seems reasonable and if it happens it would be solid in my opinion

I mean 2016 is already looking packed with games for Sony, unless they get delayed.

We have:

Uncharted 4
Horizon
The Last Guardian
Ratchet and Clank

Plus a bunch of other games that won't appear on any other consoles from 3rd parties

UrbanRats

Finally, feels like forever.
In Ancel i trust.

RK128

I want to see the following announced:
-PS1 and PS2 BC for PS4 this Fall
-Release Dates for a number of co-developed indie projects and some first party games (Ratchet and Clank, Dreams)
-Rumored Vita Ports getting offically announced (Xcom, Civilization Revolution 2, Assassins Creed Chronicles) with at least one of them coming out this fall
-Neir 2 getting some gameplay, new trailer, or music being shown off (great to hear that its going to be have some presence at the show :D!)

Not expecting any more then that; nothing really interests me from Sony right now and I plan on getting a PS4 for JP developed games and third party titles next year (Final Fantasy XV, Kingdom Hearts 3, Kingdom Hearts 2.8 HD, Neir 2, Dragon Quest Builders, Dragon Quest Heroes and Heroes 2, Dragon Quest XI, Neptuina Victory II). I would love to be surprised but outside of Ratchet & Clank, Horizon Zero Dawn, and Uncharted 4, nothing is pushing me to get a PS4 right now.

What I would love to see but not expect to happen:
-Ape Escape, Parapa the Rapper, Midevil or Crash Bandicoot coming back in some way
-Sonic's 25th Anniversary game gets announced for PS4 with beautiful visuals and having the Modern Gameplay style (Unleashed Day, Colors, Generations Modern Levels)
-Sly Cooper game announced to link-up with the upcoming film (like the Ratchet & Clank game) or a sequel to Thieves in Time coming sometime next year or 2017
-God of War 4 getting announced

nicolajNN

Sony Euro conference is usually my favourite because of all the smaller stuff they usually announce, Helldivers, Tomorrow Children, Rime, Wild, Alienation, Resogun etc. so I'm expecting a few of those. Maybe Housemaque's Eugene Jarvis game will get a reveal?

Speaking of some of those games, I'm not sure they will use the conference for it, but at least during the week on the PS Blog I would like updates/release info on Tomorrow Children, Rime and Alienation, they ought to be close to done.

RK128

Sony Euro conference is usually my favourite because of all the smaller stuff they usually announce, Helldivers, Tomorrow Children, Rime, Wild, Alienation, Resogun etc. so I'm expecting a few of those. Maybe Housemaque's Eugene Jarvis game will get a reveal?

Speaking of some of those games, I'm not sure they will use the conference for it, but at least during the week on the PS Blog I would like updates/release info on Tomorrow Children, Rime and Alienation, they ought to be close to done.

I think we will see more of a number of projects Sony is helping Indie developers with throughout the week; we have seen little of Tomorrow Children, Rime, Wild, Alienation, and others.

They look fantastic and I really looking forward to them too (really want to see more of Rime and Wild), so hopefully we get release dates and trailers for the games this week :).

GnawtyDog

Banned
It's plausible that Quantic Dreams would show up since they are located right around the corner, but I don't think Sony would designate a 10 minute spot to just QD considering Uncharted didn't even get a 10 minute demo and that had to be cut in half into two parts.

How long did the Horizon presentation got? I think it'll be about the same perhaps 1 min less at most.

They could hold for PSX but I think they have been at this for quite some time now.

Top Bottom