• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony patents "hybrid separable motion controller"; gearing for PS4?

params7

Banned
Definitely wouldn't mind this. I'd prefer the sticks to remain where dual shock sticks have always been, though.

Touchpad could make web browsing pretty sweet; like having a laptop trackpad slapped on your controller.

Yeah this. If they switched the stick backs to the original position, that controller might just work and counter the Dualshock3's light/small complains compared to the 360 controller.

I just don't want to be playing Elder Scrolls traditionally on the controller and then having the game forcing me on screen saying " Now take apart the gamepad and slash your way through enemies!!"

Just don't force the damn motion controls.

E.S devs are too lazy to do that for PlayStation. No way that they wouldnt have standard controls anyway, and if they do force that crap, it should say more about them and not the controller.

Reallink

It isn't necessarily about controls, it's also about comfort. Comfort is the reason why I never use a mouse/keyboard when pc gaming. Pointer controls just isn't comfortable imo.

Properly set up, you're supposed to rest your forearms and wrists on your thighs with a total range of motion of only a few inches (handled exclusively by your wrists). There is no appreciable comfort difference with such a set up. A lot of people (most?) don't seem to understand this and just spaz out with huge air waggle motions.

Top Bottom