• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony PR = Bad PR: cancelling Infamous interview to be petty

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Angelus_

Banned
Here's a scary thought. What happens if this game doesn't do well. Because already Infamous fans are every bit as annoying as Killzone ones.

Darkpen

Banned
Ponn01 said:
Exactly. That's the funnest part of E3. I gave up years ago trying to have civil conversations about anything during E3 week. Whats funny is you will see alot of the same people calling out "sony fanboys" in this thread turning around and doing just as bad or worse fanboyish things next week for their respective camps.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Angelus said:
Here's a scary thought. What happens if this game doesn't do well. Because already Infamous fans are every bit as annoying as Killzone ones.
No. Not that I believe in that mentality but inFAMOUS is a game that's being pegged down by lots of haters. It's a cruel world and a rather infair play that inFAMOUS is getting. Nothing wrong with defending awesome games like inFAMOUS.

P.S.
inFAMOUS

hey sony fans

Conan_O__Brien_by_PixelTribe.jpg

keep coo' mah babays

patsu

pakkit said:
InFAMOUS is a good game, and it looks like fun. Pointing out flaws in a game doesn't make you a troll. It makes you a good writer about videogames, something that is getting harder and harder to find professionally as games get more expensive to produce and publishers are more and more eager to squash any dissenting opinions.

Tom Chick doesn't just point out flaws in the game. He did more than that. The article is cluttered with trivial comments (e.g., I don't care how inFamous is spelled, I don't know why the inFamous city should follow New York's timeframe of failing civilization, it's not difficult to drop to the edge of the building contrary to what he complained, etc.). Many are just his own personal feelings, which may amount to nothing to most people. Then the silly mispelled character name "running joke" is just a stupid idea IMHO.

If Sony feels offended by his article, it's fair game. I don't think there is right or wrong here since the article is subjective.

There is no need to scream at each other either. I don't think it's wrong to hate Tom's article, like I don't think it's wrong to like Tom's article. Everyone is entitled to their preferences and opinions.

The *only* problem is Sony didn't tell Tom not to come for the interview. It sucks but it happened. If Tom feels mistreated all the time, then he might want to find out why :) Otherwise, it's just an occasional occupational hazzard for writing subjective articles. Tom may feel victimized by Sony, but I think the feeling may be mutual here.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
thaOwner said:
Better question is how many people in this thread actually even read the OP ?

Eh, there was some confusion earlier whether it was either or due to his wording. As I said before, they should have told him before hand, but they can do what they want.

What I would like to see are his interview questions. Given that even his compliments are rather backhanded in nature, I'd love to see what kind of questions he had. Was he planning on actually following through on his complaints or throwing the usual softballs during these things?

So what good game writers do we have? Not good guys, good podcast personalities, or good gamers. What good WRITERS have in this industry? I particularly want to hear from the people who think Tom Chick is a terrible writer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom