• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony: PS4 is the most powerful gaming device ever conceived; big reveals at Gamescom

Sony is set to have a great Gamescom. They will throw a wedding with the ps4 for mark cerny and ken kutaragi and then they will have a funeral for vita. It will be filmed and released in theaters this November. It will be better than every movie Jamie foxx has been in combined.

Even better than Django Unchained? Not sure if possible...

I realize they mention, afterward, "and certainly ever developed and at a price that feels very acceptable" but that doesn't change much. Price means different things to different people. For the price, my computer provides much better value, for instance.

Are they comparing the value to computers? Or are they talking about gaming? My iPhone "provides much better value" to me than any console does as it allows me to play games, listen to music, call people, surf the web, do work, and an endless amount of other things. It's almost like they're focussing exclusively on value in gaming...

Gara reiterated that Sony's main goal with the PS4 was to deliver the most powerful console at a price that gamers consider to be acceptable, underlining its perceived status as the next-gen games console designed exclusively for gamers.

And this paragraph just keeps on giving.

They didn't say console. Why are you bolding it? They said device. Words have meanings and the words you choose are important and shape the final idea of the sentence.

Oh, but they are referring to consoles. You see, they made that clear earlier.

Gara reiterated that Sony's main goal with the PS4 was to deliver the most powerful console at a price that gamers consider to be acceptable, underlining its perceived status as the next-gen games console designed exclusively for gamers.

This is the problem with quote mining and not reading the whole article. People get so narrow minded that they can't read anything outside of just that line or just that paragraph. The paragraph was about price vs. performance of consoles, and people missed this on multiple levels.

Techradar wrote an inflamatory headline, the OP thoughtlessly picked it up, and posters jumped on it with vitriol and negativity. Case and point as to why people find forums to be nasty places.

Not sure I believe Sony on that one.

Pr5uQlz.png

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/microsoft-store/achievements/

Maybe it means brought into reality. Like conceiving a baby.

Odd choice of words, though if you limit it to consoles I guess he's not wrong. Still...weird.

I am now thinking if mark cerny and ken conceiving a child.

that was my interpretation of conceived.

and as for limiting it- consoles are "gaming devices" that may or not have additional functions. Gaming PCs are undoubtedly more powerful, but still general purpose devices first (the same overall architecture as a regular PC) that are simply better at gaming.

Oh one more +Sony thread, now we need something bashing the Xbox One!

And yes, I agree that Sony hardware looks amazing, but hope for more new games announced at Gamescom. Im not a big Killzone fan and, having played DriveClub, it was a big letdown. So far for me its just Watch Dogs and maybe Battlefield 4. Oh I also would like to play Diablo 3 on my couch and Outlast (hope its a launch title). Other thant that, finally time to experience Planetside 2.

Shayan

Banned
Ok then, can we expect the 1080p 60 fps the ps3 promised us 7 years ago? :p

ofcourse you will have that for many games down the line. Even PS3 had a few games at 1080p 60fps. I think BF4 is 1080p,60fps on both xbone and ps4. same goes to COD

Mononoke

Banned
How exactly is it okay or legal to say that when my computer would run laps around the PS4, holding it's breath?

One would think that is false advertising and blatantly lying.

Not sure if this was intentionally made to be funny, but this gave me a good chuckle. You should just roll with it and say it was intentional.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Sony sounds like Cell. we are finally out of the Frieza saga.

PS1 = Vegeta
PS2 = Frieza
PS3 = Cell (processor)
PS4 = Buu

NES = Kid Goku
SNES = Teen Goku
N64 = King Kai Goku
Gamecube = SSJ Goku
Wii = SSJ Goku with motion controls
Wii U = SJJ2 Goku

Master System = King Piccolo
Genesis = Piccolo Jr.
Saturn = Nail fusion Piccolo
Dreamcast = Kami fusion Piccolo. That was the last time he had a major powerup.

XBOX = Garlic Jr. Gohan
360 = SSJ2 Gohan
XBONE = ?

Atari 2600 = Master Roshi

It's time to stop talking about hardware and start showing software.

Agreed. You already convinced everyone on the ps4's power on paper Sony. Now I want to see the games to back that juice up. I ain't a killzone fan so I am hoping they reveal some more exclusives they are developing at gamescom.

Spinluck

We get it PC gamers, your PC is powerful. Go ahead and pat yourselves on the back, because you're the only ones who give a shit- and get really salty when someone repping their company is trying to sell a device with a statement that's not even entirely that inaccurate. :lol

Jomjom

Banned
I hope they have some big exclusives to announce at Gamescom. I think the general, reasonable consensus right now is that the Xbone has shown better exclusives. Sony's definitely got some catching up to do in that department.

Top Bottom