• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony: PS4 is the most powerful gaming device ever conceived; big reveals at Gamescom

kitch9

Banned
So they'll announce that online play has gone back to being free at GamesCom then?

I dunno, if they provide the quality the have been doing with the PS3 it won't be a chore.

Buying Live felt like a con whereas buying PS+ even now feels cheap.

i1KUqKwVnCW1D.gif

Wow, this actually looks cool as hell.

Nice one coming from you.

I c wat u did thar!

I don't remember selectively quoting interviews?

fart town usa

Gold Member
I don't think there's anything more annoying than the PC die hard crowd popping up to remind everyone how much more powerful their rig is.

No duh, it's a personal computer...

A standalone game console is entirely different from a PC and why wouldn't the PS4 be the most powerful gaming device (console) conceived? The specs are better than the WiiU and the Xbox One. Alienware is still a PC, and an extremely overpriced one at that...

I don't understand the issue people find with this. It's easy to walk around jaded and pretentious but I think it's much easier to enjoy the possibilities that this coming gen will bring with solid competition, developer friendly architecture and good business practices.

I hope they have some big exclusives to announce at Gamescom. I think the general, reasonable consensus right now is that the Xbone has shown better exclusives. Sony's definitely got some catching up to do in that department.
I agree, but I don't feel like they are really that far behind. In terms of winning over the initial customers it's all about launch titles and not many of XB1's exclusives are launch games.

solarus

I can stand 1080p and 30fps, but the moment titles choose to drop to 720p... ;(
No first party title should ever drop resolution to that.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
I hope they have some big exclusives to announce at Gamescom. I think the general, reasonable consensus right now is that the Xbone has shown better exclusives. Sony's definitely got some catching up to do in that department.
None of Microsoft's (or Sony's) heaviest hitters are launch titles. Forza and KZ being their biggest franchises available at launch respectively are both midrange sales performers for their respective platforms. 2014 is where Microsoft's biggest exclusives reside and they've basically already given us a glimpse of what all their major 1st party studios are currently working on for the XBO. Sony just hasn't chosen to project that far ahead yet.

I'll believe it when I see it. I remember the MP paywall not being an option either.

Although, they have made the best choices so far, for me. Better hardware, no (announced) DRM, decent software for a launch, and it's $100 cheaper.

While it would have been nice if the camera was mandatory for every system, it's best to have an option ... it just won't see much support (IMO) much like the Move, although Sports Champions was the best 'motion' game I played this generation and I owned a Wii and a Kinect.

EP8

Neo Member
Why didn't they show that Beyond Two Souls gameplay at E3 in that PS4 hands-on @ PlayStation Summer Showcase 2013 video, that game is right back on top of my list after watching that.

lantus

Don't start with this cocky stuff Sony

I don't see why people think he's being so condescending. They're delivering a much better product now than they were with the PS3 in my opinion, and I think consumers and developers both know this is true. I think they learned a lot from their past mistakes and are much more self-aware going into this next generation.

It will only matter when I can see the difference in games vs Xbone. Don't see it at all yet.

You won't see it for a while. Launch games will never show the difference. Even in the middle of next gen, the difference will probably be negligible for multi-platform titles. You'll probably just see a resolution difference and that's it.

I'd expect 1st party games to do a bit better by mid gen though since they do have 50% more gpu power than the xbone.

Jomjom

Banned
None of Microsoft's (or Sony's) heaviest hitters are launch titles. Forza and KZ being their biggest franchises available at launch respectively are both midrange sales performers for their respective platforms. 2014 is where Microsoft's biggest exclusives reside and they've basically already given us a glimpse of what all their major 1st party studios are currently working on for the XBO. Sony just hasn't chosen to project that far ahead yet.

Yeah I totally agree with you, but I should have clarified that I hope that Sony gives us more of a vision of what's in the pipeline like MS has done.

I don't see why people think he's being so condescending. They're delivering a much better product now than they were with the PS3 in my opinion, and I think consumers and developers both know this is true. I think they learned a lot from their past mistakes and are much more self-aware going into this next generation.
Yea I don't see cockiness at all...

So what's going on here? There's a gif showing an awful-looking Move-inspired game with guys just flailing their controllers about, and nobody is saying anything bad about it, rather saying they want it? The best thing that ever happened to Sony was Microsoft.

JudgeB

Banned
So what's going on here? There's a gif showing an awful-looking Move-inspired game with guys just flailing their controllers about, and nobody is saying anything bad about it, rather saying they want it? The best thing that ever happened to Sony was Microsoft.

My thoughts exactly, lol.

sono

I hope they are right, sounds like from what I have read they should be!

Is the little picture in the corner the game or is the PS4 powered by a flux capacitor?

The PS4 is so fast its negative input lag

jWILL253

Banned
PS1 = Vegeta
PS2 = Frieza
PS3 = Cell (processor)
PS4 = Buu

NES = Kid Goku
SNES = Teen Goku
N64 = King Kai Goku
Gamecube = SSJ Goku
Wii = SSJ Goku with motion controls
Wii U = SJJ2 Goku

Master System = King Piccolo
Genesis = Piccolo Jr.
Saturn = Nail fusion Piccolo
Dreamcast = Kami fusion Piccolo. That was the last time he had a major powerup.

XBOX = Garlic Jr. Gohan
360 = SSJ2 Gohan
XBONE = Saiyaman

Atari 2600 = Master Roshi

Fixed...

Shayan

Banned
I thought they said Gamescom will be a Vita show?

PAL/Rest of the world are their strongest territories. When enemy is at its lowest ebb, thats when you come up with full force and totally crush it.They would definitely want to fortify their strongholds by showcasing the big guns for PS4

Top Bottom