• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony puts PS4 button prompts over Xbox One X footage of Anthem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except this is all PC footage. Not ONE X.

You really think the game is fully optimized and playable on the ONE X?
The game is set to be released between Q3 and Q4 2018....jesus some people are so naive and ignorant.

1. Companies do not optimized their game on consoles until it's almost finished.

2. Companies do not optimized their game on consoles until it's almost finished.

3. Companies do not optimized their game on consoles until it's almost finished.

Everything you see about the game right now is all on PC, and not even a gaming PC, but a developer PC.

whats the difference between a gaming PC and developer PC?

Are you for real? Every game footage ad is a suspect until the game come out...

What? I never disputed that at all.

And the fact that you expect these companies to lie to you and are seemingly ok with it is telling. This is the perfect example of what companies strive to achieve from consumers and what they think their rights are.

My point all along is that we as consumers should be advocating for more transparency in these situations...

This would actually be an interesting subject to talk about if enough people could set their fanboyism aside.

If this is something that consumers in general really aren't aware of, then consumers are in fact being duped. No matter who does it. This is called false advertisement.

I think being more honest with footage across platforms is something that the industry could strive for and it would be for the better. Even at E3 with footage being shown on PC's with console power targets. I mean, there is a reason "downgrade" is a meme. I realize that console targeted PC footage is not the only reason that downgrades happen but I can't imagine it isn't part of it. Before you say I'm being too harsh, I'd like to say that I do see things starting to change.

I don't think it's a bad thing for consumers to push for more honesty. We know that companies like to play it fast and loose if we let them. I think things are changing for the better little by little because we do throw a stink every now and then. If we didn't, then what reason would they have to change?

statham

dudes relax, sony should retrax, but as a xbox fan just put in a edit: not PS4 gameplay.

User Name Posts
onemanasylum 19
Boke1879 18
InsaneTiger 16

no biggie, to get into 8 pages over., let it go...

Ploid 3.0

People really hate the voice stuff huh? I thought it was nice in showing what features the game had. It was a demonstration, it efficiently showed that you can go to particular parts of the map for better exp, there was loot rng, you can choose to fight random boss looking enemies, set up strategies, and so on with the voice over.

EmiPrime

Even if it was running on an Xbox One X the rest of my point still stands, this is not at all comparable to using bullshots and high end PC footage for games due out a week later. Vertical slices of games this far out are all smoke and mirrors, they are not an accurate representation of the finished product. The hardware is largely irrelevant and I think having a laundry list of disclaimers about the AI being all fake and scripted, the game seemingly having multiple paths through a level but only one isn't a void of white space or the others crash the demo, the lighting being baked in for the demo, the PC specs etc. before every demo is unnecessary and impractical.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Overall I think the practice of using footage not representative of the console it's meant to be on is a bit icky in general.

I know it's been happening for years, but that doesn't make it less tacky. If a third party can't provide console specific footage, then either don't put anything up or have PC footage ready that Sony or Microsoft can use with a disclaimer that says PC footage

Even if it was running on an Xbox One X the rest of my point still stands, this is not at all comparable to using bullshots and high end PC footage for games due out a week later. Vertical slices of games this far out are all smoke and mirrors, they are not an accurate representation of the finished product. The hardware is largely irrelevant and I think having a laundry list of disclaimers about the AI being all fake and scripted, the game seemingly having multiple paths through a level but only one isn't a void of white space or the others crash the demo, the lighting being baked in for the demo, the PC specs etc. before every demo is unnecessary and impractical.

I never said they needed that kind of list. Just to say what platform it is running on and if it's PC then what console it is targeting. I'm not even speaking specifically to this particular case with Anthem but in general.

As far as we know though, in this case it was running on an 1X and this should be stated no matter the state of the game for transparency sake.

It is very possible that the devs couldn't get this demo to run at the exact same fidelity on another platform given the gap in power between the 1X and other consoles and the fact that this is using CB rendering already giving up whatever advantage the other platforms would have over it by using CB themselves while the 1X tried for native. This is actually one of the scenarios where you would have the best chance at seeing larger discernable visual differences between X1 and other platforms.

We don't know. So the best solution is transparency if they really can't be bothered to take the time to make a clip for other platforms for marketing purposes.

Night.Ninja

Banned
image.gif

Stop being a fanboy it was running on a XboxOneX , I know that PS4pro is underpowered but come on just game and let these childish comments go

lmao can't even hold it through one sentence.

Almost every single post (out of 36) of this account is about the PS4 pro being "underpowered".

Has had an account since March 2016, first post about the ps4 is the day after the xbox one x was announced. This definitely adds up!

dudes relax, sony should retrax, but as a xbox fan just put in a edit: not PS4 gameplay.

User Name Posts
onemanasylum 19
Boke1879 18
InsaneTiger 16

no biggie, to get into 8 pages over., let it go...

yikes...posting has hit a new low. It is incredibly hilarious, Pot, black, Kettle come to mind.

EmiPrime

I never said they needed that kind of list. Just to say what platform it is running on and if it's PC then what console it is targeting. I'm not even speaking specifically to this particular case with Anthem but in general.

As far as we know though, in this case it was running on an 1X and this should be stated no matter the state of the game for transparency sake.

It is very possible that the devs couldn't get this demo to run at the exact same fidelity on another platform given the gap in power between the 1X and other consoles and the fact that this is using CB rendering already giving up whatever advantage the other platforms would have over it by using CB themselves while the 1X tried for native. This is actually one of the scenarios where you would have the best chance at seeing larger discernable visual differences between X1 and other platforms.

We don't know. So the best solution is transparency if they really can't be bothered to take the time to make a clip for other platforms for marketing purposes.

But if transparency is our goal and we want to combat false advertising the hardware the demo is running on is the least relevant thing at this point of development; these vertical slices are completely fake and fall apart like a house of cards when not played exactly as intended so they're rarely played "live", they're not representative of the finished product.

They're also not even close to making frame rate optimisation passes and nailing down the screen resolution for consoles. Anyone trying to extrapolate that sort of information from a game that's 18 months away is wasting their time.

Floody

You clearly are delusional fanboy keep telling yourself that and while I tell you the PS4slim plays way better then the PS4pro which is true !!

Because he asked a question he's a delusional fanboy? This thread has turned to complete shit.

I think mods need to lock this thread and issue some bans. This thread is too toxic to stay open, too many enraged console warriors.

statham

I think mods need to lock this thread and issue some bans. This thread is too toxic to stay open, too many enraged console warriors.

but you, you are one of them. because you don't like the noise, we should lock and ban peeps? you are part of the issue.

but you, you are one of them. because you don't like the noise, we should lock and ban peeps? you are part of the issue.
How am I "one of them"? I just started posting in this thread on this page. I'm not taking any sides just calling out the toxicity. 😂 You can't be serious dude.

Please don't attempt to project your posting history upon me just because you got deservedly called out. Thanks.
Called out? I don't care.

I acknowledge I responded simply because the logic from OP is suspect. Just like if I did something similar regarding a video on MS page and with my post history, I would get torn into as well.

Either way, have a goodnight bro.

I mean are the people thread shitting any better than the console warriors coming in pushing an agenda?

There IS a discussion to be had about the topic. Just because it attracts fanboys doesn't mean we can't discuss it.

KageMaru

Yes, it's called Battlefront 2 graphics in Frostbite engine.

This doesn't make any sense, especially when Battlefront 2 runs on the frostbite engine.

Edit:

My GTX 1070 laughs at both of them. They are both underpowered from my point of view.

I have a 1070 equipped PC too and love it. Still there's no reason to shit on consoles or the people who use them. The Pro and X are good consoles and can only benefit PC gamers.

Because its ridiculously implausible. You'd be asking for practically every trailer to be pulled down.

Do you contact reviewers and demand they review each platform version individually too by any chance?

To your first point...As a consumer, I don't feel that it's ridiculous to expect advertising to accurately represent the product.

To your second point...That makes zero sense. There are plenty of reviewers out there. It's not difficult to find a review of a game on your platform of choice, nor is it difficult to find platform comparisons of a game. i.e. Digital Foundry

But if transparency is our goal and we want to combat false advertising the hardware the demo is running on is the least relevant thing at this point of development; these vertical slices are completely fake and fall apart like a house of cards when not played exactly as intended so they're rarely played "live", they're not representative of the finished product.

They're also not even close to making frame rate optimisation passes and nailing down the screen resolution for consoles. Anyone trying to extrapolate that sort of information from a game that's 18 months away is wasting their time.

I'm not.

But demo's are demo's and in this case it was targeted at a specific hardware.

What I was positing is that it might not have been possible to run the same exact demo on any other console because it may have been pushing this one to it's max while at the same time actually achieving it's target even though it's rare. I'm saying that there could be effects that have been added to this that they are pretty sure are achievable here but not on other hardware.

I'm also saying that we don't know. Therefore transparency is the best option for the sake of the consumer.

How many consumers that see this are even going to understand the things that you or others here do who are more involved in this stuff than normal?

That is my point. For the consumer, it is just best to be as transparent as possible.

I really don't think at least labeling their footage is unreasonable at all.

This doesn't make any sense, especially when Battlefront 2 runs on the frostbite engine.

Edit:

I have a 1070 equipped PC too and love it. Still there's no reason to shit on consoles or the people who use them. The Pro and X are good consoles and can only benefit PC gamers.
You misunderstand me, I like the Pro and X1X too, not shitting on either of them. I even own a PS4 Pro too and I'm an avid console gamer myself.

I'm just calling out the silliness of calling the PS4 Pro outdated when all consoles are pretty much outdated even before they release thanks to high end PCs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom