• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony puts PS4 button prompts over Xbox One X footage of Anthem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how you single out MS here, although you had UC4's first reveal which was supposed to be "in-game".

Did point 3 fly over your head mate?

3. If this is an issue for you, then at least acknowledge that it's a standard practice in the industry.

Do you know why I mentioned Microsoft in my post? It was simply to show the double standard/hypocrisy behind this very thread.

UC4's 60fps teaser trailer wasn't part of an E3 conference. UC4's first gameplay presentation was running on an actual PS4.

I also remember the threads and the people scrutinising KI running 1080/60 on PC and what happened to Forza 5, but yet, this is fine yeah?

Hypocrisy on here...

Care to elaborate so I can break it down for you.

Doffen

His post history indicates just a *little* bit of bias against Sony.

There's nothing wrong with those posts.
You can find worse posts from me shitting on Xbox.

If you can't handle other opinions, maybe a discussion forum isn't for you.

leeh

Did point 3 fly over your head mate?

Do you know why I mentioned Microsoft in my post? It was simply to show the double standard/hypocrisy behind this very thread.

UC4's 60fps teaser trailer wasn't part of an E3 conference. UC4's first gameplay presentation was running on an actual PS4.

Care to elaborate so I can break it down for you.
So with point 3, why care to even mention point 4 then? Also considering you ghost edited it to include point 3...

Where the trailer was shown makes no difference, that's what it was marketed as. Why the need to defend it if you acknowledge its standard practise?

I dont see why I need to elaborate, my point was clear. The games shown at Xbox E3 13' were mostly on PC's and people ripped them apart for it. I remember the thread where people were comparing all the differences for Forza and saying it was ridiculous (which I agree with).

Yet this trailer is portraying something the same and its fine?

Anything shown as running in realtime, as gameplay, should be representative of what your consumers should see on your platform, not someone else's.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
It's highly unlikely that they have this same demo up and running on every console. Hell, I highly doubt this demo will even make it into the final game. It's basically just a verticle slice put together for E3. E3 demos can take weeks to put together.

So why not recreate the same demo on the PS4 hardware and then record the trailer?

So with point 3, why care to even mention point 4 then? Also considering you ghost edited it to include point 3...

Ghost edited to include point 3? I made an edit for point 4, not point 3. Also, I have already answered why I mentioned Microsoft.

Where the trailer was shown makes no difference, that's what it was marketed as. Why the need to defend it if you acknowledge its standard practise?

I made a mistake, I just had another look and the teaser trailer was actually shown at E3 2014. And yes It was nothing short of misleading.

I dont see why I need to elaborate, my point was clear. The games shown at Xbox E3 13' were mostly on PC's and people ripped them apart for it. I remember the thread where people were comparing all the differences for Forza and saying it was ridiculous (which I agree with).

I see your point now.

Yet this trailer is portraying something the same and its fine?

It isn't though. Anthem's gameplay presentation was pre-recorded, and since it's a multiplatform game, it might just be a representation of what it will look like on an Xbox One X.

Also, Anthem wasn't part of Sony's conference, this is a gameplay presentation submitted most likely by EA on the PlayStation YouTube channel.

Anything shown as running in realtime, as gameplay, should be representative of what your consumers should see on your platform, not someone else's.

Yeah I agree, but I don't see the problem here?

Pif

Banned
Microsoft also put "4K Ultra HD" badge over those checkerboarded fake 4k resolutions on those same trailers, so I guess Sony can be forgiven for this one.

Also, Nintendo once unveiled a Wii U game using X360 footage, so I guess this kind of shady stuff happens more often than we know.

The only footage available is from the demo EA showed and the game is multi-platform, so I have no big issue with this, as EA would have given Sony the footage. The game will look very similar on both systems, as it's designed to run on base Xbox One and PS4 anyway.

The X and Pro should look / run better than base hardware of course but they will probably look similar to each other too, with the X maybe running higher native resolution or have slightly higher graphical settings ect, but they will still look close enough, anyone expecting Anthem on the X to look like a massive leap forward over the Pro version will probably be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom