• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Q4 2018 and FY18 results.

Leonidas

PS4 Hardware Units Shipped: 17.8m units in FY18
LTD FY17: 79.0m
LTD FY18: 96.8m (shipped by end of March 2019)

PS+ Subscriptions:
Q417: 34.2m
Q318: 36.3m
Q418: 36.4m (0.2% increase QOQ, 6.4% increase YOY)

PSNow:
0.7m subscribers

Forecast for FY2019: 16.0 million = 112.8 million LTD forecast estimated shipped by end of March 2020.

Last edited:

Mattyp

Gold Member
The most interesting thing I took from this is they only got an extra 100,000 paying PSN subscribers in the last quarter to 36.4m from 36.3m I honestly expected them to have double that number of paying subscribers with 100 million consoles out there. Good to see them finally doing awesome profit numbers after last gen.

Last edited:

Foxbat

Banned
17.8 million in FY18?
96.8 million shipped LTD?
36.4 million ps+ users?

But according to some Playstation is doomed.

Spin anyone?

mejin

Insane results.

FY2018 is the best year Sony has ever had and the Gaming Division represented 34.8% of Sony total Operating Profit (vs 24,2% FY2017).

It also surpassed the anomaly Wii: 96.8M x 95.85. It will reach 100M faster.

Better than Switch in this FY: 17.8 x 16.95M.

svlTIYt.gif

Foxbat

Banned
The most interesting thing I took from this is they only got an extra 100,000 paying PSN subscribers in the last quarter to 36.4m from 36.3m I honestly expected them to have double that number of paying subscribers with 100 million consoles out there. Good to see them finally doing awesome profit numbers after last gen.

Yeah, if there's any low point, it's definitely in their PS+ growth.

Also only 700k PS Now users? Yikes!

Sony's gaming division is doing gangbusters though. ESPECIALLY this late into the gen.

Last edited:

Leonidas

Also only 700k PS Now users? Yikes!

Sony's gaming division is doing gangbusters though. ESPECIALLY this late into the gen.
Yeah, 0.7m PSNow is a bit concerning... interested to see what Sony does about their cloud gaming situation now that Stadia and XCloud is coming...

Mista

Banned
Hardware declined or am I mistaken?
Not much considering we’re almost at the end of a gen. So probably most people already have a PS4 and the ones that are buying new ones now are the ones with broken PS4s :p

Last edited:

Foxbat

Banned
Not much considering we’re almost at the end of a gen. So probably most people already have a PS4 and the ones that are buying ones now are the ones with broken PS4s :p

Ok so 10.7%? That's certainly better than MS. Just correcting your previous observation. ;)

Three

That 100,000 increase is actually good. This quarter often actually sees a decline for game services compared to the previous quarter. Double that would be almost 75% of the userbase, no subscription service has that.

Foxbat

Banned
What has MS to do anything with this exactly? Stay on topic and stop this nonsense please :)

That's fair. Hardware for Sony is down, you don't see it, we point it out to you, and you ignore data because... "End of Gen brother."

Stop the blind nonsense please. Hardware will go down because it's the end of gen. Sony is doing really good despite that. The PS4 is the GTAV of consoles, but don't blatantly ignore data because "end of gen brother"

That's nonsense. :)

Foxbat

Banned
You haven’t got shit. This isn’t your first time acting like a little kid and shitting on MS while sucking Sony’s dick. Grow up ffs, they don’t know about your existence😂😂

Struck a nerve there did I? Do some research before posting such nonsense there bucko.

Foxbat

Banned
That 100,000 increase is actually good. This quarter often actually sees a decline for game services compared to the previous quarter. Double that would be almost 75% of the userbase, no subscription service has that.

Wut?

Mista

Banned
That's fair. Hardware for Sony is down, you don't see it, we point it out to you, and you ignore data because... "End of Gen brother."

Stop the blind nonsense please. Hardware will go down because it's the end of gen. Sony is doing really good despite that. The PS4 is the GTAV of consoles, but don't blatantly ignore data because "end of gen brother"

That's nonsense. :)
Yeah I don’t consider it decline because this is normal as we’re almost end of gen so why the console will sell more than before?

Are you stupid? That’s exactly what I said? “Pretty decent” “rock solid PS” where did I say Sony aren’t doing well exactly?

Struck a nerve with your stupidity definitely. Saying shit opposite of what I said. Bye now psycho

Foxbat

Banned
Yeah I don’t consider it decline because this is normal as we’re almost end of gen so why the console will sell more than before?

Are you stupid? That’s exactly what I said? “Pretty decent” “rock solid PS” where did I say Sony aren’t doing well exactly?

Struck a nerve with your stupidity definitely. Saying shit opposite of what I said. Bye now psycho

Psycho? You're the one who flipped out for no apparent reason.

And you may not consider it a decline, but it is indeed a decline. Ignore reality all you want doesn't matter to me.

Go calm down buddy. Nobody here is trying to hurt you. :)

Three

Guys, this is actually great performance. This quarter vs last quarter often sees a decline because the previous quarter is big spending season.

As an example from MS latest earnings report Xbox MAU declined by 1 million compared to last quarter. A 100k increase is actually pretty good.

Last edited:

Leonidas

That 100,000 increase is actually good. This quarter often actually sees a decline for game services compared to the previous quarter.
Last year there was a 2,700,000 increase from Q3 to Q4. It was Q4 to Q1 where we last saw a decline in PS+ subscriptions.

DanielsM

Banned
Whoa, only 1/3 of people who bought a playstation are in their ecosystem? Isn't that low? 97 shipped to 37 with plus/now. They have 60 million consoles with potential for long term but aren't getting it, wow.

Three

Whoa, only 1/3 of people who bought a playstation are in their ecosystem? Isn't that low? 97 shipped to 37 with plus/now. They have 60 million consoles with potential for long term but aren't getting it, wow.

This is the same for other subscription services. Don't be fooled by MAU.

DanielsM

Banned
PS Now has flatlined.

To be honest, I'm surprised they have that many customers. Isn't this the first time they have released numbers? (I've never seen them before)

They have 90m+ MAU. If I were to guess digital sales are probably still below 50%.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
It is not low... actually it is on pair with others similar subscription services in % terms.

Plus you can play most Sony 1st party games without Plus.

Last edited:

Tarkus98

Looks like it is time for a price cut. I mean they certainly do not have to with their current 2019 forecast but even a permanent $50 cut will still be netting them a decent profit on each unit sold.
With this present forecast though it doesn’t appear that a cut is in the numbers.
Anyway, he’ll of a turn around from the PS3 days for sure.

Top Bottom