• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Says It’s ‘Very Likely’ More Remasters Are Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

velociraptor

I'm not going to get in to lists, as Y2Kev has requested, but by significant do you mean games that will sell the best, or games that will review the best? Because I'm confident when all is said and done, the highest rated exclusives this year will probably be PS4 one's. Along with that, I'm confident the games that will have sold the best this year, will all likely end up being multi platform games. Besides maybe one exclusive title anyway.
Your typical 'blockbuster' or 'AAA' gaming experience. I know - it's an overused and terrible way to describe games, but it's the best thing I could think of. I like story driven experiences and 'cinematic' experiences.

velociraptor

So why make this post?

So you were trolling?….

Here's an idea: Don't say "Nice. Don't release new games; just keep on rehashing your old shit." based on not even knowing what's coming out.
No. I saw E3. And there were no 2015 announcements to my knowledge.

I admit I don't know what's coming out because I cannot think of any notable 2015 releases! There is no trolling. Merely genuine enquiry.

Famassu

Sony very clearly has the internal tools to at most upscale PS3 and Vita games and allow them to work on PS4.

Retool the PS3 part for software emulation because not too many gamers outside of Neogaf care to keep old tech around.

It would honestly take a fairly equal amount of funding in comparison to upgrading favorites one by one and it actually looks like they are treating their customers with respect by allowing them to choose what PS3 games they want to play their PS4 rather than tethering fans to pick favourites charged at a renewed RRP.

Microsoft and Nintendo have Sony by the balls in this regard.
You clearly understand fuck all about emulation, so why not stop embarrassing yourself?

hawk2025

Sony very clearly has the internal tools to at most upscale PS3 and Vita games and allow them to work on PS4.

Retool the PS3 part for software emulation because not too many gamers outside of Neogaf care to keep old tech around.

It would honestly take a fairly equal amount of funding in comparison to upgrading favorites one by one and it actually looks like they are treating their customers with respect by allowing them to choose what PS3 games they want to play their PS4 rather than tethering fans to pick favourites charged at a renewed RRP.

Microsoft and Nintendo have Sony by the balls in this regard.

You are pulling all of this from literally nowhere.

No. I saw E3. And there were no 2015 announcements to my knowledge.

I admit I don't know what's coming out because I cannot think of any notable 2015 releases! There is no trolling. Merely genuine enquiry.

By 2015, don't you mean holidays 2015?

Also, Google is your best friend.

GamerJM

Banned
They are funding plenty of smaller scale releases. Resogun. Alienation. Rime. Everybody's gone to the Rapture. Hohokum. Entwined. Helldivers. Tearaway. The Tomorrow Children. Kill Strain. What Remains of Edith Finch. Shadow of the Beast. Fat Princess Adventures. Drawn to Death. Wattam. RIGS. etc.

Most of those don't get physical releases.

hawk2025

Most of those don't get physical releases.

...yes?

On page 9 you said:

Those are still resources that could be used to make actually new games. In fact I'd argue that they could be used to make a smaller, lower-budget game, which is what the PS4 is lacking in.

Should I get in my car and get ready to drive to where the goalposts will be next? I'm guessing they are off the stadium at this point.

orochi91

This is pretty exciting, there are so many games from the PS3 era I'd like to see remastered for the PS4.

Okami HD would one, but maybe some JRPGs like Folklore/Eternal Sonata/Resonance of Fate.

The remaster crown jewel for me would be Shadow of the Colossus, completely redone for the PS4.

That would be pretty damn sweet.

GamerJM

Banned
Who gives a flying fuck? You asked for smaller games, not retail games.

Okay, well I amend my original post. I want smaller retail games. I'd rather see resources that are going to remasters getting physical releases go to funding physical releases of Indie/smaller games. I give a "flying fuck," because consoles getting physical copies of games is the biggest reason I haven't moved to PC gaming yet.

Vinland

Banned
Tales of Vesperia - 29.99
Dark Souls - 39.99
Demon's Souls - 49.99
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 w. all DLC - 29.99
Street Fighter X Tekken w all DLC and Gems - 39.99

I think this would not only be great for PS4 but for Xbox One as well (save for the obvious Demon's Souls.)

I would buy each and every one day one even if they were all released on the same day. I didn't realize how much I liked Namco Bandai lol.

Three

The best thing to do is to ignore the silly off topic talk. A lot of people pretending remasters are a problem are playing remasters right now. You can see them in other remaster threads playing remasters. Roto13 is playing Rare replay. Best thing to do is ignore those trying to steer things off topic with the silly idea that it prevents new games. It's only a means to steer the conversation to the tired old "PS4 has no gaemz" nonesense.

hawk2025

Okay, well I amend my original post. I want smaller retail games. I'd rather see resources that are going to remasters getting physical releases go to funding physical releases of Indie/smaller games. I give a "flying fuck," because consoles getting physical copies of games is the biggest reason I haven't moved to PC gaming yet.

Airplane-flying-in-sunset.jpg

Abdiel

No need to get angry about disagreements. Buddy.

Claiming that he's angry is sad.

Claiming you are making a 'disagreement' as though you were voicing an opinion, when you made it clear it was a statement. They "Clearly" have this.

Ignoring the immense commentary well documented from Sony themselves on how difficult it has been to make changes from one set of hardware to the other. Naughty Dog said that just doing the TLOU remaster was "hell". I'm glad to see that you know better though.

Please though, call him angry for correcting you and asking you to stop wasting your time and ours with typing out bullshit.

Wedge7

Keep pumping em out and I'll keep buying em. I suppose right now I would really hope for an Infamous collection, and a MGS 4 remaster. Not as many on PS4 that I can think of, as opposed to the sheer amount of remakes I would want from the wii generation for Wii U. Though that makes sense with the whole non HD generation. I can see where some people get upset over all these remakes these days but for myself, its awesome, as I either missed alot of these the first time around or really enjoyed them the first time around and now will get to play them in higher resolution and better fps in most cases.

On top of Valkyria Chronicles, the Yakuza games and Shining Resonance should also be remastered. The latter never left Japan, but perhaps Sony and the PS4's large userbase can persuade Sega to remaster Shining and localize the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom