• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Says It’s ‘Very Likely’ More Remasters Are Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

VertPin

Demons_Souls_Box_art.jpg

demons-souls-screenshots.jpg

demons_souls_8.jpg

latest

torre-de-latria.jpg

mind-flayer-large.jpg

C'mon Sony....Demon's Souls was amazing. All it needs is a resolution bump, and some AA.

Nameless

I don't really see how you can compare the two situations in any way. Sony has a lot of games coming in the next 2 years.

Horizon
UC4
Dreams
R&C
Until Dawn
Alienation
Drawn to Death
Wattam
Fat Princess Adventures
Tearaway Unfolded
Gravity Rush 2
The Tomorrow Children
What Remains of Edith Finch
Everybody's Golf 7
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
Rime
Shadow of the Beast
Gran Turismo 7
Street Fighter V
RIGS
The Last Guardian
DriveClub Season 2

+ they'll of course announce plenty of new games, the listed above are just the games we know about at the moment (and I'm probably missing a few). There will very likely be a lot more indie level affairs and then we'll probably get several big new games announced (& some even released in 2 years) from the likes of Sucker Punch, Santa Monica, Quantic Dreams and the like.

That's so far better than from how shitty MS handled 360's end.

They're also publishing SFV and one my most anticipated games of next year, Hunger.

Someone should make a 'PS4 has games' OT and/or the mods should crackdown on biased shitposts claiming the contrary.

Must every thread about a console devolve into lists?

The PS4 has games. Plain and simple. You may find them disappointing or unappealing, but they exist. The end.

How else is one supposed to respond to these BS assertions that PS4 doesn't have games/ Sony doesn't put out games without, you know, showing the games? Illustrating the inaccuracy of a claim isn't the same as List warzzz11111

Only 2 really matters, let's be real.

Does "this year" only consist of the last 4 months of it? This "preseason" bullocks is very irritating.

If we're talking about the whole year, Sony will have more than MS had the whole year.

There's Bloodborne and that's pretty much it. I don't consider remasters AAA. They are cheap ports regardless of how good they look. So that excludes Uncharted, Tear away, Rare Replay,and Gears. So it's Bloodborne up against Halo 5, Forza 6, and Fable. I prefer PS4 but notable exclusives this year that will make a big impact compared to Xbox One titles just aren't there. There are games like Until Dawn and Rapture that I left out because those titles won't sell a quarter of what those Xbox One exclusives will.

IcyEyes

There's Bloodborne and that's pretty much it. I don't consider remasters AAA. They are cheap ports regardless of how good they look. So that excludes Uncharted, Tear away, Rare Replay,and Gears. So it's Bloodborne up against Halo 5, Forza 6, and Fable. I prefer PS4 but notable exclusives this year that will make a big impact compared to Xbox One titles just aren't there. There are games like Until Dawn and Rapture that I left out because those titles won't sell a quarter of what those Xbox One exclusives will.

So, Fable is ok and Until Dawn is out from the meaningful release of this year ?
Also, is Tearaway for Ps4 a cheap port ? Am I missing something ?

On topic :
I love WipeOut, so I'm ready to play WipeOut HD remastered (sounds terrible I know!) on PS4.

Abdiel

I don't think you're capable of being objective or recognizing the total flaws in your commentary, so why don't you just stop trying? Please. It's depressing.

Caronte

How about you tell us where your goalpost is before others respond? Just so we know if you move it again.

If you cared enough to read my posts you would see I've always been talking about Sony as a publisher. Nice drive-by post though.

As someone who loves big-budget, triple-A, action games this generation has been a big disappointment so far.

I feel Sony's first party output has been very poor.

Knack and The Order are great examples of commercial and critical flops.

While Killzone and Infamous felt like clear regressions in their respective series.

Bloodborne is the only top class title Sony has produced - unfortunately it doesn't align with my tastes and, as much as I appreciate its strengths, I can't say it left me satisfied.

There is plenty to play on the PS4 but, honestly, not much I'm truly excited to experience. I hope that changes in the near future.

In the meantime I have no problem with remasters.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
If remasters aren't preventing new games, what is preventing new games? Because Sony's lineup of exclusives for 2015 is practically non-existent.

You know you're now in the minority? Most sensible people have moved on after being humiliated so many times.

some of this trolls. Jesus christ.
And they re ash the same sentence since 2013
We are in 2015 and they keep commenting the same shit

Where is the ps3 version of the order, shadow fall, bloodborne, until dawn, driveclub.
?

Yeah, I know, this is the typical response. I don't expect anyone to agree with me but I'm tired of people asking for remakes of everything. I own 3 games for my next gen console, and one of those is a remaster. I don't want to ruin anyone else's fun but hopefully you can see my side of things, it honestly seems like every other thread and post these days is asking for a remake or a remaster of this and that. I just want new games, there aren't enough of them. I had two dozen games by this point of the 360s life cycle.

Again, I'm gonna get railed at, whatever. The hivemind is strong on this and I get it, everyone wants to play a prettier version of that game they love but I'm still making my voice heard.

Zornack

What about The Order: 1886 and MLB 15: The Show?

No matter how you slice it PS4 has more games this year.

If remasters aren't preventing new games, what is preventing new games? Because Sony's lineup of exclusives for 2015 is practically non-existent.

New IP:

The Order: 1886
Bloodborne
Until Dawn
The Tomorrow Children
Everybody's Gone to Rapture

Sequels:

MLB 15: The Show

Remasters:

God of War 3
Journey
Ultra Street Fighter 4
Uncharted Collection
Tearaway Unfolded

"Practically non-existent."

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Man... I read gaf/gaming sites everyday and watch a number of different gaming related YouTube channels and the only game that pops out is Uncharted. I know what Dagon Quest is and didn't even realize one of them was coming out. Until dawn is the game that plays basically like a choose your own adventure I think? And I've heard of persona but just pictures alone make it look really unappealing.

Please stop. I know you probably don't like those games, but making them vanish with statements like that so that people who do like them can't play them is selfish. Keep your wizardry to yourself.

No matter how you slice it PS4 has more games this year.

New IP:

The Order: 1886
Bloodborne
Until Dawn
The Tomorrow Children
Everybody's Gone to Rapture

Sequels:

MLB 15: The Show

Remasters:

God of War 3
Journey
Ultra Street Fighter 4
Uncharted Collection
Tearaway Unfolded

"Practically non-existent."

Not to mention all the 3rd party exclusives the PS4 has been getting, too.

And you forgot Helldivers.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Since when is that a valid argument? And you've used it twice now.

It is a valid argument because the 'no games' narrative has been proven to be incorrect over and over again, but unfortunately to do that people have had to 'compare'. That's why sensible people have stopped doing it.

So, Fable is ok and Until Dawn is out from the meaningful release of this year ?
Also, is Tearaway for Ps4 a cheap port ? Am I missing something ?

On topic :
I love WipeOut, so I'm ready to play WipeOut HD remastered (sounds terrible I know!) on PS4.

Fable is listed because it's a long time franchise and has more mass appeal than Until Dawn. I would say Until Dawn is AA. I'm buying it day one regardless, but it's not going to break the sales charts in any respect. I consider Tearaway a remaster. When I say cheap, I mean it in the sense that porting games is relatively inexpensive compared to creating new ones.

Fable is listed because it's a long time franchise and has more mass appeal than Until Dawn. I would say Until Dawn is AA. I'm buying it day one regardless, but it's not going to break the sales charts in any respect. I consider Tearaway a remaster. When I say cheap, I mean it in the sense that porting games is relatively inexpensive compared to creating new ones.

However, the Fable series is now a shadow of its former self....

Famassu

Yeah, I know, this is the typical response. I don't expect anyone to agree with me but I'm tired of people asking for remakes of everything. I own 3 games for my next gen console, and one of those is a remaster. I don't want to ruin anyone else's fun but hopefully you can see my side of things, it honestly seems like every other thread and post these days is asking for a remake or a remaster of this and that. I just want new games, there aren't enough of them. I had two dozen games by this point of the 360s life cycle.

Again, I'm gonna get railed at, whatever. The hivemind is strong on this and I get it, everyone wants to play a prettier version of that game they love but I'm still making my voice heard.
Blame your horribly limited taste in games if you only have 3 games so far. There are a lot more games (big & small) for PS4 at this point than for PS3 or 360 last-gen. If you don't like them, waahwaah :'( all you like, but don't claim to make any kind of objective statements as if remasters are all there is.

Footos22

Fables not gonna break any sales charts either. Its free and not retail.

List what you want.
Until dawn, bloodborne. Order. Still more then forza and halo. 3 new ips. How many new ips has xbox put out this year?

Mikey Jr.

They really really REALLY should do a Gran Turismo 6 remaster.

Is there really any reason they haven't? Are they afraid it would be compared to Forza 6 or something?

Famassu

Tearaway not being a remaster is not a question of opinion. It isn't a cheap port/remaster in any way. They are adding new levels, adjusting old ones and altogether changing a lot of the content of the game. That =! remaster.

IcyEyes

I see, well, from my point of view Fable has lost the appeal (I'm a huge fan of the Fable series) and this new release is just about the name.
Until Dawn may not be a AAA game, still, it looks awesome and full of potential and as far as breaking the chart, well, the user base is pretty big, so how do we know!
Tearaway Unfolded looks more like a "reboot" (I played and completed the Vita version two times, I loved this game) rather than a remaster.
I understand what you mean with the word "cheap", so no problem here :)

Shin-Ra

Previous gen games I'd like to see remastered:

Gravity Rush (pretty much confirmed)
inFAMOUS/inFAMOUS 2/inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood
Dead Space 1
Tumble (VR)

And re-remasters:

Metal Gear Solid 3
ICO / Shadow of the Colossus
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath

50% more content isn't just a "bit" though.... Not to mention the controls are significantly different.
I was joking.

Why are people listing 3rd party games to be remastered in this thread when Sony has no control over them. I myself would love Red Dead Redemption or the Mass Effect Trilogy remastered but Sony doesn't own them, its up to whoever owns the IPs.

Blame your horribly limited taste in games if you only have 3 games so far. There are a lot more games (big & small) for PS4 at this point than for PS3 or 360 last-gen. If you don't like them, waahwaah :'( all you like, but don't claim to make any kind of objective statements as if remasters are all there is.

Yeah, sure, whatever. Like I said, waste of time.

No one in the U.S. bought a PS3, plus they're gaining lots of new users from growing audiences in developing nations. I'm probably not going to buy them but I appreciate sony's effort for people who will experience them for the first time.

Neiteio

But seriously, I can't think of many more PS3 first/second party games that would benefit from this. Except for maybe Demons Souls.

Actually I want a Demons Souls remaster now that I think about it.

Of course, easy money and fills the release schedule.

That being said, Demon's Souls at 60 fps please.

Demon's Souls remaster you say? Do it!

That would be amazing

Demon's Souls and Ni No Kuni remasters

This. Demon's Souls (and Dark Souls) really belongs on next-gen too.

Demon Souls
Siren
Red Dead Redemption

I would be down for Demon's Souls, but that is about it.

Yes please

Give me all the remasters

Demons Souls pls

Demon's Souls needs to be remastered, seriously.

Demon's Souls is the only one that's needed.

I need Demon's Souls... I really do.

Having Demon's Souls on PS4 would be pretty crazy. Definitely would buy it on it's release day.

Accepting that some of these are not Sony IP, these are remasters for PS4 I would buy in a heartbeat

Demon's Souls

Demons Souls would be great. If they did Dark Souls would it just be the PC version with DSfix?

Resistance 3, Demon's Souls, Siren and a Motorstorm trilogy remasters would be excellent.

Demon's Souls and Warhawk please.

Personally the only remasters I'm interested in is Demon's Souls and Dragon's Dogma otherwise

Demon's Souls is the obvious choice here. I want it. I want it bad.

Demon freaking souls.

I think Demons Souls should be on Sonys plan for remasters, Dark Souls 1 will be available for Xbox one in the Backward program, so its only right for Sony to have Demons Soul in PS4, just in time for Dark Souls 3.... DO IT SONY!

Demon's Souls please

Yeah, I think Demon's Souls is for sure going to happen. It's the only remaster at this point that I would buy on day one. As for more remasters in general? I always will prefer new exclusives, but I really don't mind and have of course been buying them here and there on both systems.

Demon's Souls HD Remaster with Northern Limit available (6th Archstone) would be nice.

Demon's Souls is the only game from Sony that I would want remastered. If it has 1080p/60fps and improved textures/lightning/shadows.

Good. Grant me Demon's Souls at 1080/60.

Demon's Souls or bust. And I don't even love it that much. It just would make a PS4 purchase easier if I could sell my current PS3.

Pretty good chance:
  • Demon's Souls
  • Ni No Kuni

Demon's Souls would be incredible. Holy shit, just thinking about it gives me goosebumps.

Demon's Souls is a candidate

This is all I want. It's all I've ever wanted.

If these 3 games get remastered they would instantly sell even if Sony chose to release them via PSN only. Physical copy would be best though but most would take what they can get.

Demon's_Souls_Cover.jpg

Demon's Souls

I want Demon's Souls, SONY :(

I hope they do Demon's Souls and Wipeout HD

Remaster Demon's Souls and Tomba. All I care about.

Day One for Demon's Souls.

Wouldn't surprise me if they release a remaster roughly around when Dark Souls 3 drops, ala Scholar of the First Sin and Bloodborne earlier this year.

This and Dark Souls 1 in 1080p 60fps. I'd buy them in a heart beat.

Demon Souls
Killzone 2 + 3 w/MP
SoTC in 60fps

Do it Sony.

If they remaster Demon souls then I hope From will be so kind and add the broken archstone as a dlc.

Demon's Souls 1080p/60fps (or just 1080p because of From)

I'd give Demons Souls a go.

Demon's souls would only be perfect to play again in 1080p 60fps, it'd be perfect to sate all those Souls fans who jumped aboard for Bloodborne.

Demon's Souls and call it a day.

DEMON'S SOULS!

I need:

Demon's Souls

Demons Souls / Dark Souls Collection

If I didn't have a PC I would agree, but atm there is no way to play Demons Souls outside of PS3. Best case scenario is a Demons Souls remaster maybe partially funded by Sony on PS4 and From outsourcing Dark Souls to a third party for PS4/XB1. I doubt Dark Souls will get anything more than a port of the Prepare to Die addition at 1080p and maybe 60fps but the more I think about it the more I doubt Dark Souls gets anything.

I'd pay full price for warhawk/demon's soul/wipeout remaster.

Red Dead Redemption and Demon Souls.

Demon's Souls

Demon's Souls

Demon Souls and Gravity Rush would be amazing remasters

Demon's Souls is the only non-Naughty Dog I'd buy again

I guess Demon's Souls and some Vita games.

Demon's Souls would be incredible.

Loving all Demons Souls mentions...also want Dark Souls I: Scholar of the Last Sin.

Or I guess Dark Souls Trilogy would be awesome once the third releases...

The only remaster I'd be interested in is Demon's Souls

Demon Souls with a way to open the 6th arch stone... amazing!

Demon's Souls
for Vita

I'd rather want a remake of Demon's Souls than a remaster.

Demon's Souls please.

Rogue Galaxy Remaster and Demon's Souls please

I really want Demon's Souls with better image quality and 60 fps.

Demon's souls. Doit.gif

Demon's Souls Remastered would be pretty boss.

Demons souls 60fps, yes please

Dark souls 1 would also be nice Namco

This would make the PlayStation the "From Software" console.

Give me Demon's Souls and Dark Souls all over my face. Call it SOULS: The Miyazaki Collection.

Demon's Souls

A collection with Demon's Souls and Dark Souls Remastered + Bloodborne would be awesome!

Demon's Souls day one.

Id be down for Warhawk folklore Motorstorm and demons souls

I would pay $300 for a Demon's Souls remaster. Still the best souls game.

I would pay for the following PS4 remasters

- Demon's Souls
- Valkyria Chronicles 2&3 Bundle
- Dragon's Dogma

Demon's Souls and Dragon's Dogma, please.

So.. Demons Souls Remaster has a chance of happening?? Umbasa bitches

I don't care how many times it's been quoted - first post, yet again. A proud NeoGAF tradition.

This, Demon's Souls and Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen all need remasters. Eff everything else on PS3. Yes, even Dragon's Crown. Buy a PS3.

I could go for some Demon's Souls Remastered.. Pls Sony!!!

Whatever. As long as one of the remasters is Demon's Souls. Only one I need.

Demons Souls

Thats okay, just get me a Siren remaster and a Demon's souls remaster. Thanks Sony!

For the love of God please: DEMON'S SOULS REMASTERED! Even better they should make a deal with Namco/From and have Dark Souls on it too! It is my dream remaster really.

A Demon's Souls remaster must happen, that's all I know.

Demon's Souls & Dark Souls+DLC bundle 1080p/60fps
and pipe dreams worth of ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Remakes

Demon's Souls

What about Demon's and Dark Souls remake on Bloodborne's engine?

I would purchase Demon and an Infamous Collection in a heartbeat. Demon's I think would be problematic though. SONY already scored BB. The salt of MS only players not getting another. From game might be too much.

Demon's Souls and Siren, please.

Demons Soul, Gravity Rush and the Motorstorm trilogy would all be good candidates; I did not own a Ps3, and I suppose that manyy PS4 owner did not either. So I subscribe to the notion that it would be great to offer improved versions of these classics, on the condition that they do not get priced extravagantly...

Demon's Souls

Demon's Souls and somehow it'd be nice if they struck a deal and remastered RDR.

I worry Demon's Souls won't happen because of the dedicated server structure.

Sony, please :(

Souls Collection (Demon and Dark, please) and Dark Cloud 2 (you can leave out one if you want Sony) top my list.

I'll echo the sentiment for Demons and Dark Souls compilation, in HD, primarily because I like the Souls games but I have never really gotten a chance to play either of those seriously (Demons almost not at all, and Dark on PC before any patches, and it's still a bad experience today on PC imo).

Demons souls remaster is all I want.

This, Freedom Wars and Demon's Souls....I'd be in.

Although I don't want to see too many more remasters, I can think of a few I might like to to play again at 1080p/60fps.

PlayStation Exclusives.

Demon's Souls Remaster

/thread

I loved this game so much. I would love this on PS4 to prep for the sequel.

Yup this too. It would have to PS exclusive because of demons. Demons at 60fps with smoother graphics would be amazing. Give it that Durante treatment Sony.

A Demon's Souls remaster would be amazing. I can see them revisiting it and fixing up all the little bugs.

I honestly can't think of anything I would want at this point besides Demons and Dark Souls.

Demon Souls remastered would be one more reason to get a PS4. I would also definitely take an MGS4 Remastered if they decided to reskin it in MGSV style textures.

Demon's souls and ico/shadow of the colossus better be un your plans sony.

Demon's souls would be nice

I came in here to make a sarcastic remark, but yeah Demons' Souls and Gravity Rush would make me break out the wallet for sure.

Demon's Souls please!

Demon's pls.

This...

I wish GAF would start some "#DemonsSoulsRemaster" on twitter and send it to @yosp. I'd be down for it.

Demon's Souls.

Demon's Souls

C'mon Sony....Demon's Souls was amazing. All it needs is a resolution bump, and some AA.

Demon's Souls please.

I would very much like Demon's Souls to get an anniversary type remaster, like how Gears is getting it.
Add me to the overwhelming demand for DEMON'S SOULS

FATALITY

Banned
Lol Fable has mass appeal? Let's see how many copies until dawn will sell
I remember people saying the same shit about heavy rain and beyond 2 souls and those games were very successful for Sony and quantic dream
Fable is free to play game the only thing left from the other games is the name. Nothing else.

Nizz

I would really like to see a God of War: Ascenscion remaster, it still baffles me that they didn't bundle it together with GOW3. I thought Wholesale Algorithms did a fantastic job with GOW3, runs at a smooth 60fps. They're one dev that I'm now keeping my eye on as far as remasters. Hopefully they are working on Ascension, a smooth 60fps would go a long way in me enjoying that title more.

Played Ascension on PS3 and while I liked the game I felt it didn't feel as smooth as GOW3 did. Yeah, I know 3 had a variable framerate but it seemed to average 45fps while Ascension felt closer to 30fps very often. Sony are already releasing an Uncharted Collection so I'm good on that. TLoU was another great remaster, actually playing through that again.

As far as third party games, I'm hoping the Batman: Arkham games get the remaster treatment also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom