• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Store: Beyond Two Souls for $34.99

They just haven't shown the world that Dewayne a.k.a Mr. kadeem hardison is in the cast

kadeem-hardison-1-sized.jpg

I'm going to have to pass. This is not fair to the retailer as it's obviously a typo, they will lose money because of this and I'd hate for giant corps to lose money because of me ....lol j/k

But seriously will wait. As its near nextgen I can see this dropping like a stone.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I think people need to be realistic. If you enjoyed Heavy Rain, this is probably just your type of game. If you didn't like Heavy Rain, you should probably just walk away from this game now. It doesn't look that different...

I am on the fence still. Murdered Soul Suspect has me intrigued a little bit more than Beyond: Two Souls at the moment. I like these type of games though, they're sorta the modern evolution of point and click adventures.

>Estimated ship date: 12/31/2013

This is just a placeholder, right?
Of course. The site is horribly out of date. Cover is not up-to-date as well, similar with the description, gallery and trailer. This is what makes me wary a bit lol

The release is October 8th.

Carnby

Even though no one replied to my question, I ordered the game. I didn't plan on getting it day one, but that price is perfect.

Afrikan

thankx just ordered....still not used to paying for tax online. :/

what's funny is that it was Cage's writing in the Dark Sorcerer tech demo that pushed me over to making the purchase....I think he is getting better and better.

thankx just ordered....still not used to paying for tax online. :/

what's funny is that it was Cage's writing in the Dark Sorcerer tech demo that pushed me over to making the purchase....I think he is getting better and better.
Not to forget that his next game after Beyond will be written by 3 people. Cage + two other professional writers. So he can really focus on delivering quality like in his tech demos.

themarkness

Neo Member
Do they charge instantly or when it ships?
From the FAQ about pre-orders:
http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/support-info.pl?info_id=927#place_order_3

Q. When does my credit card get charged?

A. To ensure you are totally satisfied with your purchase, Sony will not charge your credit card until your purchase has been shipped. At the time you place your order, we'll pre-authorize your card for the total amount plus all applicable taxes and shipping charges (if any).

Q. What is a pre-authorization?

A. At the time that you submit your Sony order, we will request that your financial institution create a pre-authorization hold on your account. This means that we have not actually charged your account so you are not responsible to pay anything or incur any interest yet. Only once we successfully ship your order will we collect payment from your credit card. In the event that your order is cancelled, for any reason, prior to shipment, pre-authorization holds naturally expire within 15 - 30 days depending on your financial institution.

On the order status page though, it says that the order can only be cancelled within the first hour. They just put a one dollar hold on my credit card so far.

sharnaak

Well you also get a free steelbook, a dynamic theme and the soundtrack ;)

Was totally worth it to me for just €48 :D

I didn't know it was this the final art, every time I watched on the amazon store it displayed a a plain steelcase with just the title of the game, insta buy as soon as it is back up on co.uk

PS. She's so cute.

Carnby

A. To ensure you are totally satisfied with your purchase, Sony will not charge your credit card until your purchase has been shipped. At the time you place your order, we'll pre-authorize your card for the total amount plus all applicable taxes and shipping charges (if any).

A. At the time that you submit your Sony order, we will request that your financial institution create a pre-authorization hold on your account. This means that we have not actually charged your account so you are not responsible to pay anything or incur any interest yet. Only once we successfully ship your order will we collect payment from your credit card. In the event that your order is cancelled, for any reason, prior to shipment, pre-authorization holds naturally expire within 15 - 30 days depending on your financial institution.

On the order status page though, it says that the order can only be cancelled within the first hour. They just put a one dollar hold on my credit card so far.

I just looked at my bank account. They only charge 1 dollar for the pre authorization.

Thank you. So it seems regardless of them actually charging or not, the funds are not usable. Which is fine, I was just wanting to check.

Maybe the game is short.

I was in the Future Publishing offices the other day and someone had the script for this on their desk. Looked ridiculously massive. Like 10 of the worst text books ever massive. Doesn't necessarily translate to a long game but there will certainly be lots of talky talky.

Persona7

Banned
I pre-ordered this game from gamestop because I like Ellen Page and the metal case is pretty nice.

I will probably not even open it. I will probably buy my friend a copy of this game from this sony website.

Edited for clarity

This is really tempting at this price and I'm a big fan of the genre, but Indigo Prophecy and Heavy Rain where laughably bad. So torn.
Well you can be sure that the acting is going to be pretty good at least. Every preview so far agrees that the acting is superb. At least that helps me to enjoy stories a lot more even when they are not that good.

Bah, UK here and it's the bog standard £40 everywhere.
For £40 you can get the SE as well btw. Steelbook, extra scene, dynamic theme and soundtrack. Pretty good deal.

I pre-ordered this game because I like Ellen Page and the metal case is pretty nice.

I will probably not even open it.
The metal case is the SE though. If you order from this site you only get the retail version ;)

Top Bottom