• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Store: Beyond Two Souls for $34.99

Seth

anyone try emailing the customer support to bitch about it? I did try, and found that after 2 computers and 4 different browsers i couldn't not get the form to submit.

spoonman

Banned
BeyondTwoSoulsCanceled.png

This is BS.. They waited 2 weeks to tell us they screwed up on the pricing?!
False advertising...

I would have paid $60, but now I will just wait for this to drop to $20 or so before buying it because they pissed me off.

DR2K

Banned
Amazon price matched this for me and now Sony cancelling it for buyers? Damn sucks for them.

spoonman

Banned
Amazon price matched this for me and now Sony cancelling it for buyers? Damn sucks for them.

I call bullshit on that.

Amazon never price matches... Trust me, I've tried it many times.
All they do is ask you to "submit the competitors price."

This game will be $25 6 months after it's release anyway.. Sony did us a favor here, but I'm still a little angry because it is technically illegal for them to offer it for a price, then switch it back to $60 and give you a $5 coupon towards the new "corrected" price.

baekshi

Banned
I call bullshit on that.

Amazon never price matches... Trust me, I've tried it many times.
All they do is ask you to "submit the competitors price."

This game will be $25 6 months after it's release anyway.. Sony did us a favor here, but I'm still a little angry because it is technically illegal for them to offer it for a price, then switch it back to $60 and give you a $5 coupon towards the new "corrected" price.

Illegal? what?

is this the first time you're ordering online?

Monsieur

Banned
Of course it wasn't a "deal". Obvious pricing error. Not even some of the worse games have dropped to $35 before it is even released because it was bad.

So many trolls in this thread.

spoonman

Banned
Illegal? what?

is this the first time you're ordering online?

What would that have to do with anything?

Anyway, I've been buying online since the 90's and when you buy something at an advertised price they honor it. Amazon screwed up in the past and they honor their pricing.

Also, they don't wait 2 weeks to let you know they F'd up.

baekshi

Banned
What would that have to do with anything?

Anyway, I've been buying online since the 90's and when you buy something at an advertised price they honor it. Amazon screwed up in the past and they honor their pricing.

Also, they don't wait 2 weeks to let you know they F'd up.
That's BS. I have never seen a retailer besides Amazon honor me their price mistakes.

And amazon doesn't honor me shit when they cancel my order because they don't have it anymore even though I ordered when they basically advertised "In Stock". . They just basically told me to wait until their next shipment and how is that you know "legal"? They basically made me order something that they obviously couldn't fulfill. Since they told me to wait until next shipment which was suppose to be 6 months later, I just had let order locked in and waited. Know what happens after 6 month? They just couldn't get the shipment and took it off. So basically Amazon fucked up.

You obviously haven't ordered much. Bestbuy doesn't honor their price mistake, neither does Target. You just have to have a luck until you get CS person that'll honor it and adjust the price

Jac_Solar

Well you also get a free steelbook, a dynamic theme and the soundtrack ;)

Was totally worth it to me for just €48 :D

Is that cover for real? "Ellen Page - Willem Dafoe"? Seriously? I jokingly said that the cover of MGS5 might have Kiefer Sutherland on the box, but it actually might be like that.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Do these coupons only work when purchasing a copy of this game? Was hoping it was a gift card that could be used towards purchases through SEN/PSN. Wishfully thinking I guess...

Is that cover for real? "Ellen Page - Willem Dafoe"? Seriously? I jokingly said that the cover of MGS5 might have Kiefer Sutherland on the box, but it actually might be like that.

Don't really see anything wrong with it. Hasn't Cage always marketed his stuff as interactive dramas? Plus its not just voice work. They are taking their likeness/mo-cap, etc. and putting it in the game. Might actually attract some of their fans.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Disappointing that they canceled it... I wouldn't have minded at all if they'd sent the cancellation the day after, but to let it go for weeks and then to cancel it is just annoying.

Still love all the bomba talk in here, when it was just a pricing error lol
Heavy Rain took 7 months before it dropped in price to $50. I'm sure Beyond will drop faster because of PS4 and crazy Holiday season, but not like that xD

For everyone still interested, if you pre-order at GameStop or EBGames you get the SE (Steelbook & Story DLC) for free. In the UK you can get the SE for £42.99 from Amazon.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Their sales rep should of noticed the price was a little low. They are Sony and all. I just got my free $5 coupon as well. I shouldn't of answered their survey "the representative knew the product real well" because apparently they didn't.

When is a game $34.99? They sure aren't $64.99 or $54.99.

Top Bottom