• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony UK to speak with petition maker about PS4 censorship policies

Shin

Banned
Sony-Petition-585x300.jpg

Back in late October of 2018 a development partner for the Japanese and European branch of Marvelous Entertainment who works for Igrasil Studio, named Yagyu, started a petition in hopes of getting Sony to recognize that the censorship policies that they had in place for the PS4 were disruptive, negatively impacting both consumers and developers alike (most of whom are Japanese). After incurring a mysterious circumstance where thousands of the petition’s signatures went missing, and after many fans began ramping up their voice to express concern over the censorship, Sony UK reached out to Yagyu to have a conversation about the new censorship policies.

The news about Sony UK willing to engage in a conversation came by way of an update that was posted on December 2nd, 2018 over on the Change.org website, where Yagyu explained…

“Hello friends, I’m about to talk with Sony UK next week, they can’t fix the problem since they’re not authorized to change something but they’re able to get in touch with the HQ at least.
“I’ll let them know what the problem is and why its kinda important for their future. Especially for the PS5 or similar products if they want to win the next console race again.” […]
As mentioned in the quote, the Sony UK division has no authority over changing global policies for the Sony PlayStation brand. This is because Jim Ryan only has control over the U.K., division of Sony Interactive Entertainment, while John Kodera controls the Americas, Japan, and Asia divisions of Sony Interactive Entertainment, as noted over on the official SIE website.

Since this is a hot topic and one that interests me personally I thought I'd post it, the development is rather interesting and I suggest you guys give it a proper read.

Credit: AngryGamer
Extra protection: PlayStation JP president

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
They shouldn't speak with the petition maker alone though, what about every other dev affected, their arguments will be represented by someone they may have never spoken to just because of a petition?

Last edited:

Raitoningu

Banned
Jim could do with a win considering how some view him.
He doesn't give a fuck on what a bench of stupid fanboys think about him.

On the thread subject, it was bound to happen once the dipshit rednecks are running the PS brand now, more clueless crap will follow soon.

Top Bottom