• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Went "Back to the Drawing Board" with Driveclub

RytGear

Pretty sure the game hasn't been further delayed, it sounds like he is describing why they delayed it before november.

Should have put this talented team on a more interesting project like more Wipeout or Motorstorm instead of this generic graphics-showcase street-racer stuff.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Misleading thread title much? This is just further elaboration on the delay that we already know of, not a new or recent development. Also, 'going back to the drawing board' doesn't necesarily mean scrapping an entire project and starting over, as some people ITT seem to think; in this case he is probably just reffering to the reworking / re-evaluating of the game's social features, something which we have known about for a while now.

teiresias

If they disbanded half of SSM over a game that was never even announced, I really hope the guys at Evolution Studios are prepping their resumes for having to delay, then restart from the beginning a game that was announced during the PS4 reveal.

Wonder if it will work out better in the end. It turns out that they didn't need DriveClub to sell all their PS4 stock up until now. So, will they benefit from the larger install base at launch or will the title selection be too flooded/varied for people to care?

Dead at the first page.

2u4rlmf.gif

Literally the aarticle is about why they held it back from launch.

BossLackey

Gold Member
Wow. Wasn't expecting this. With Titanfall coming out, and the delay of Drive Club, the PS4 doesn't seem to have much right now.

EDIT: Misleading title is misleading.

Embarrassing for them to say the least, but I am not surprised.

I'm embarrassed you, and others, didn't read the actual article, to say the least, but I am not surprised.

Edit: I thought not reading the damn article prior to posting knee-jerk reactions was a bannable offense?

iSdUUbnCCOcVk.gif

My disappointment is a bottomless pit.

No GT on the PS4 and DriveClub still completely missing in action. NFS Rivals is single handedly holding up the entire racing genre on the PS4 right now.

Disappointmenton am total.

Bundy

Banned
You're a douche. Please close a studio! Obnoxious fake internet laughter when a game was delayed 6 months ago! Not reading the article!
Sorry bro, but this isn't the first time Evo Studios are fucking up.
Complete waste of a studio and money.

edit.
And I once said "never doubt Evo Studios"
God.....

Jb

Between this, TLG, Knack & The Order, you can sometimes wonder what the fuck Sony's first party division decision-making process for approving games that don't have a clear vision or unique gameplay pitch is.
Thank God for them they've got Naughty Dog to cover their asses.

RulkezX

So many people keen to go lololololdelaystation and that seem to have problem with context.

He is pretty clearly discussing why the game was delayed at launch.

20 pages of pretending PS4 won't be getting all the biggest games this year because we don't have dates for a couple of exclusives to follow.

If they disbanded half of SSM over a game that was never even announced, I really hope the guys at Evolution Studios are prepping their resumes for having to delay, then restart from the beginning a game that was announced during the PS4 reveal.

What the hell are you talking about SSM was over 220 plus people .
That means not even a third of them got fired .

KOHIPEET

I think at this point, it is quite likely that they're rebuilding it as an open world racer to counter Forza Horizon.

Or they're adding weapons, made-up cars, off-road maps and rename it to Motorstorm 4.

Zornack

Between this, TLG, Knack & The Order, you can sometimes wonder what the fuck Sony's first party division decision-making process for approving games that don't have a clear vision or unique gameplay pitch is.
Thank God for them tehy've got Naughty Dog to cover their asses.

What's wrong with The Order?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Wasn't the whole point of Drive Club just so they could have a driving game at launch?

Given that EA absorbed their racing teams to work on Battlefield, and the Crew has been pushed back even further to the second quarter 14', there won't be much competition for racing games from now till holiday it seems.

Top Bottom