• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Xperia Z1 officially announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

BdRRqaACEAAZgmi.png:large

hnngh

hertog

I've got about 9 months left on my current sub.

I got a XperiaZ, wonder if they'll announce a Z2 or something before my contract is up.
Because the Z1 is a great phone, but there's not enough difference for me to pick it up.

Radec

Dimensions: 127 x 64.9 x 9.5 mm, 137g
Display: 4.3" Triluminous IPS display of 720p resolution, 341ppi
Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 800; quad-core Krait 400 at 2.2GHz, Adreno 330 GPU, 2GB RAM
OS: Android 4.3 Jelly Bean (planned upgrade to 4.4 KitKat shortly after launch)
Camera: 20.7 MP, Carl Zeiss optics, optical image stabilization, autofocus, LED flash, 2MP front-facing
Video camera: 1080p @ 30fps video capture with both cameras
Storage: 16GB built-in, microSD card slot with support of up to 64GB
Connectivity: NFC, A-GPS+GLONASS, WLAN (2.4/5Ghz) a/b/g/n/ac, microUSB 2.0 (MHL), BlueTooth 4.0 LE
Battery: 2,300 mAh
Misc: FM Radio, built-in accelerometer, multi-touch input, proximity sensor
Colors: Black, White, Pink, Lime, Yellow

abit lighter than my Z. thats good.

I had 2 C6906 models on AT&T LTE and my first one had a yellow tint screen...I recently got another one and its a much better screen but it still disappointing compare to the LG2 and HTC One. I thought the C6906 should have top tier screen...at least a screen that equals the ultra Z?

I got it 4.3 rooted with the .290 firmware I'm pretty satisfied but the wifi sucks! Should I upgrade to .136 firmware? I heard there's alot of issues with it...

Fuck the kitkat update on this phone.

What were they thinking

Oh yeah, lets seperate Quick settings and notifications for no fucking reason.

Lets make the battery indicator harder to read, and oh yeah can we halve the users battery they are getting far too much use without a charge on this phone.

4 people at my work got the new update today, everyone fucking hates it.

Sony dun goofed on this one.

darkwing

Fuck the kitkat update on this phone.

What were they thinking

Oh yeah, lets seperate Quick settings and notifications for no fucking reason.

Lets make the battery indicator harder to read, and oh yeah can we halve the users battery they are getting far too much use without a charge on this phone.

4 people at my work got the new update today, everyone fucking hates it.

Sony dun goofed on this one.

I just got another update after the Kitkat one

Joni

The regular Z had the same problem a couple of weeks back. It has strangely improved to old levels without any new update. If you look at the energy usage, do you see it is the Android OS that is drawing all power?

Le-mo

Anybody with a Xperia Z updated to android 4.4.2? I did mine today and the phone drains battery a whole lot faster and gets a lot hotter. There's a few seconds of delay when you hit the home button. Everything in general is slower than it was before. Not to mention the phone restarted on me a couple of times. Anybody else have this problem or is it just me? Going to try to see if I can rollback the firmware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom