• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Xperia Z4 announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chanser

z4_02ctu93.png
pic01_b.jpg

pic06.jpg
pic07.jpg

Snapdragon 810
3GB RAM
32GB
5.2" 1080p screen
MicroSD support
Waterproof
Dustproof
20 megapixel back camera and 5 megapixel selfie camera
HQ wireless audio
2940mAh battery
Lollipop

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Sony...5.2-inch-FHD-screen-and-a-metal-frame_id68422

Basically a spec bump.

sant

I would not recommend anyone buy this phone. From the sketchy snapdragon 810 to rumors of the Z5 with a metal body and the snapdragon 820 (should be a huge improvement over the 810) coming in the fall.

reKon

Banned
Hmm that thinness is nice. I wouldn't really mind it because the battery will still be God tier.

I wonder how cheap we'll see the Z3 go then...

Z3 Compact sells for like $400, but you can still buy cheaper now a days. A Z3 Compact/Z3 at $350 would be a brilliant buy. Both absolutely excellent phones and I've had very good experiences with my Z3 Compact

I have always been afraid of their phones because of old shitty Sony Ericsson phones that I have had in the past. I tried an iphone last time just because I never had one before and am looking forward to getting back to Android. I may actually grab one since Samsung is dead to me over their decisions on expandable storage.

Anyone have any experience withe the remote play on the last ones?

reKon

Banned
The Xperia Z3 design is very nice. They just need to cut down the top and bottom bezels and not have a glass back.. or make nearly destructible glass that won't scratch...

Doing one of these is obviously easier than doing the other.

GQman2121

Banned
I like the glass back. And I don't even use a case for my Z1. Just don't drop your shit.

Disappointed that the images from the other thread didn't turn out to be real. They need something new and edgy quick. It's still a great looking phone but shrinking the bezel and making the screen look larger than it actually is would be a better design.

Aiii

So not worth it
But I'm just getting my Z3 now.

I have a Z3 and I can't even tell the difference between this and that. There doesn't seem to be much change, aside from the CPU bump and the blue version.

Sony have a (roughly) six month cycle for their devices, so don't worry about it.

Rich!

My Z2 is the greatest phone I have ever owned.

Battery lasts for three days on low usage. Its insane. I would also add I've had it for almost a year now - I previously had two HTC Ones, and both of those only held half a day of charge by the 4 month or so mark. Absolute rubbish.

So those 'leaked' xperia shots from a few days ago were fake? I was super hyped for that design, this looks pretty much like the Z3.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I always want to buy the new Sony phone, but my Z1 is still so damn good.

Damn Sony for making great phones that last!

New Z screens are much nicer. Best bang for buck option would be to grab a Z3 on a discount - same size screen, same resolution, same megapixel camera, same form factor, same waterproofness, plus magnetic charger which they seem to have dropped from the Z4.

jaydogg691

Thinner and still has a glass panel on the back? I was loving my Z3 until I dropped my phone from couch level (2ft.) and the rear glass panel shattered. The waterproofing is now useless.

Who knows how durable the Z4 will be.

Polari

Don't see all the hate, looks pretty stunning to me.

Sony still nail gorgeous high-end design in a way Samsung can only dream of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom