• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sorry Nintendo, we've decided that Link is officially a girl

Yeah, I'm not sure how I feel about this. Feels strange when it's the staff opening a topic like this.
I just feel like the title is only one sided thats not fair. Of course it is Normal for all video game characters to be whitr so lets no address that only gender. Why cant the title change to black? Just proof how the gaming community is sooo one sided and lacks diversity to the point they dont care about certain topics or completely ignore it.

I remember that, "Post a black Nintendo character thread." And people were posting bomb-ombs, bullet bills, yoshis and kirby thinking its funny. They werent even banned because of course its the gaming community and thats how they think.

Mory Dunz

Girls are obsessed with male Link's looks.

If Link was turned into a girl all those sales are gone. Whoosh. Girls wouldn't like him anymore.

It's simply business. Nothing more. I'm an expert.

And Nintendo wonders why only 7% of Wii U owners are women, at this point even dudebro games like Call of Duty cater to women better.

Wii U isn't getting a new Zelda game so I fail to see how your post is relevant to the topic.
>_>

Pila

Seems like it was an excuse for people to post weird Zelda deviant art.
Where do they find these anyway?

Like...what were you searching for...?

I don't wanna know. XD

I know we can't discuss about how they manage their board, so I'll shut up. I don't pay the bills.

Vex_

Banned
2ed300df9d445003bb31ef0a7409400b.jpg
Lawd. Dont do this to me at this time o' night.

LAWD.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
We are now crowd-defining Link as a girl? This is a great idea, BRB setting up

http://kick-define.com

LET'S SAVE ZELDA AND MAKE LINK A GIRL

[promo video goes here]

$10.000 Link is now officially a girl

[nice arts]

Stretch goals
$15.000 Link has always been a girl
$20.000 Link will always be a girl
$25.000 Ganondorf is a girl too
$50.000 Zelda likes girls
$70.000 Sheik is a guy

$1.000.000 Everyone in the entire Zelda franchise is a s/he

Everyone from the team is thankful for your effort! Let's do this together, for the gamers, for the people, for the world.

tbd

Didn't know here are so few Zelda fans. Gender swap Link would be terrible. They should give him more personality instead of going the "let's just trash the few traits and male tendences our 30 year old protagonist already has and make him a Fallout dummy" route.

However, a new female protagonist or playable Zelda (dat Sheik) or Tetra would be great.

Yeah, the roaring success of Okamiden has shown that action adventures with canine protagonists and a cute artstyle are in demand nowadays.

:´(

...But... but this will be Link as a Corgi!
If anything The Legend of Zelda: Corgi Link would save the Wii U! BELIEVE!!

Is there a civil way to disagree with this and not be banned? I can't tell if the OP is a joke after the Mega64 video satirizing Metroid outrage.

Wow Tyler just made the decision when I was away.
Many good stuff already posted after... 26 pages wtf guys.

But I have to post something anyway. Have to try something different.
The few things I've seen in this thread leave me speechless. Go USA soccer

a.wd

so this went rule 34 real quick, real quick, whole of Gaf on some naughty shit.

I'm ok with this, but my opinion counts for nothing so.

Wow Tyler just made the decision when I was away.
Many good stuff already posted after... 26 pages wtf guys.

But I have to post something anyway. Have to try something different.

I'm p sure post #77 already has you covered, but thanks for sharing that delightful picture again.

Whats up with the huge flowers and grass on the background? Is she supposed to be tiny? Is this fanart some sort of weird mashup to both OoT and the Minish Cap?

Deku flowers, no?

Rootbeer

Banned
I prefer Link as a male and always will. He's an androgynous elf-like (Hylian) character and I like it that way. I would support an option that lets you customize Link at the start of the game, with one of the options allowing you to change your character's gender.

Let's get Nintendo to give better support to their existing female characters such as Samus before we go around demanding they change the characters that are working out quite well to another gender.

I prefer Link as a male and always will. He's an androgynous elf-like (Hylian) character and I like it that way. I would support an option that lets you customize Link at the start of the game, with one of the options allowing you to change your character's gender.

Let's get Nintendo to give better support to their existing female characters such as Samus before we go around demanding they change the characters that are working out quite well to another gender.
Do you even GAF? There's a new Other M bash fest every other week blasting on Samus' portrayal and the betrayal of her character in that godforsaken game.

What you're basically doing is whine about this thread's existence by saying "X is worse, why should we moan about Y?" And that can be reason for a ban on GAF.

Nintendo could fix other stuff too but that doesn't mean we should stop discussing other issues too.

EDIT: I meant to say "reason for a ban" but my autocorrect changed it to "bankable". It's corrected now.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
What you're basically doing is whine about this thread's existence by saying "X is worse, why should be moan about Y?" And that's bankable on GAF.

I always feel my posts don't get enough interest so I'm going to remember this is future.

Top Bottom