• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sorry PSii....in a strange turn of event MILHOUSE AM XBOT TOTAL

deadhorse32

Bad Art ™
I just received a letter announcing i won a xbox360 in a competition i did around the european launch.

So I'm a Xbot until my 360 die from overheating issues. YEAH FOR ME.

PS : I hope it's not a tard pack :lol

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT :

Since I was banned i couldn't keep you guys up to date

So I end up receiving the 360

It's a tard pack :(

Manufacturing date = 2005-10-05 :(

Now the funny part :

Since I didn't have any game to play, I decide to give the dvd player a go : "Can't read dvd. Region code is wrong".

I try another one. Same result. I check the 360 box : Zone 2. I check the dvd : Zone 2. Read the manual. No answer.

WTF !!!

So I decide to try one of the few zone 1 dvds I got. And BAM it's working. I try a homemade dvd i did (region free). And it's working too.

Thus I conclude I got an US x360 in a PAL package. But I had to try some games first. So i got OXM with the Dead rising/Test drive unlimited. And it's working perfectly. Second test was to try a PAL region locked game. I got a nice list @ http://www.xbox-sky.com/xbox360_regional_compatibility_guide/
I decided to rent Fight Night 3.

Result : It's working. So I end up getting a PAL X360 reading Zone 1 DVD. Probably the only one of its kind.

Thanks Coca-Cola & Microsoft

PS : Damn it's really blowing some hot air while playing games.
PSS : what should I do ? Should I get it fixed now (or wait a few month so it breaks on its own) ? Could I get some problem with Live or something (see: Juice's Xbox live thread) ?

VALIS

It's a sign from the gaming gods.

Next Peter Moore is going to save Borys from a burning building.

Yoboman

milhouse.jpg

WELCOME THRILLHO

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Milhouse31 said:
I just received a letter announcing i won a xbox360 in a competition i did around the european launch.

So I'm a Xbot until my 360 die from overheating issues. YEAH FOR ME.

PS : I hope it's not a tard pack :lol

It won't die from overheating. You will think its overheating but then you will find out they gave you a faulty power supply. Then they try to charge ya a hundred bucks for it. Untill they eventualy will crack and fix it for free. :D

Manp

the only thing i won in my life is a copy of a shitty game called Aquanox in a nVidia contest... the first prize (which of course i was aiming to) was an Xbox :(
the Xbox was given to a fat dutch guy :lol

oh and a t-shirt in a radio contest, but that's not gaming related

:)

fartblast

Banned
yeah i was pissed as shit when my 360 died, made me hate ms for a while especially since as soon as i got rid of it they put it back under warranty. its like some mountain dew drinking, twinkie stuffing shithead at the office was like w00t im gonna own this kid hes gonna be so pissed

Top Bottom