• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Calibur II HD Online |OT| A Link To The Past

I, I think you're in the wrong thread...

this is for Killzone SF right?

It is. That's a funny mispost.

Out of curiosity I put my Xbox version of SC2 in my 360 and played through an Arcade mode. It looked pretty good in 720p, though it doesn't support widescreen in 720p mode on original Xbox. It wasn't bad though and it saved me $20.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I'm almost done with the regular missions in weapon master and ready to unlock the EX missions, I'm on chapter 8 of 10.

I'm also starting to unlock endings and theater stuff in arcade mode. Man, this is like the olden days...

SkylineRKR

I went the extra mile and unlocked Lizard Man. WM mode isn't what it used to be, I actually didn't enjoy it at all.

Was the kick ender in Cass' Guardian judgment always this hard? I can only pull it off like 2 out of 10 times.

It is. That's a funny mispost.

Out of curiosity I put my Xbox version of SC2 in my 360 and played through an Arcade mode. It looked pretty good in 720p, though it doesn't support widescreen in 720p mode on original Xbox. It wasn't bad though and it saved me $20.

Didn't the Xbox version support dolby digital? In that case it sounds better than the HD version too. And ofcourse the JP VA. I usually don't care about it but the ENG VA is just fucking bad. Really, the only issue there is 4:3.

Straight up, I bought this so I can support them making a Soul Calibur 3: Arcade Edition Online rerelease.

dat hwang and li long
sc30110fa.jpg

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I went the extra mile and unlocked Lizard Man. WM mode isn't what it used to be, I actually didn't enjoy it at all.
The terrible thing are the damn tedious dungeons, especially the later ones, with like 20 braindead easy battles and you can do them fucking twice for the extra mission. Don't remember hating them so hard ten years ago. The rest of the challenges was mostly fun and motivating I think, a little too easy maybe.

SkylineRKR

Never played AE but I was somewhat disappointed in SC3 for PS2. Still, the mechanics were decent. But the game itself was a hot mess. I heard good things about AE.

The terrible thing are the damn tedious dungeons, especially the later ones, with like 20 braindead easy battles and you can do them fucking twice for the extra mission. Don't remember hating them so hard ten years ago. The rest of the challenges was mostly fun and motivating I think, a little too easy maybe.

Most of them missions were really easy. Except for the dreaded church one you have to do again to unlock Subchapter 2. I liked how you could just leave the coliseum matches after one win.

I liked Mission Mode so much more, it wasn't needed to unlock the cast but it was a nice grind for artwork hoarders. No dungeons too. The Edge Master mode from SE was excellent as well, it had genuinely interesting individual storylines. At least thats how I remembered it. And dat Travel Diary BGM.

Roto13

A lot of the Weapon's Master Mode missions would be a lot more fun if it used the same rules for you and the computer. Having to fight 5 or 6 enemies in a row without getting knocked down once, though? Screw that to death.

I've been going back and forth between this and SCV, and Mitsurugi feels soo much better in SCII. I feel like has so much more options in SCII, which makes him more fun.

If anyone wants to play any games on Xbox 360, add FGC GAF on Xbox Live..

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Don't know if this was answered before, but there are levels within some chapters that don't unlock upon completion of the previous level in Weapon Master, (chapters 8 and 9, and subchapter 3, iirc) and I need to know how to unlock them. I need to unlock the third level in Pollux (sp?) so I can unlock a subchapter.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
It's hopeless. Don't waste your bandwidth.

Clearing the "Extra" versions of levels in certain chapters will open paths to levels in other chapters. The only chapter that requires anything beyond "beat all the levels" to unlock is the Edgemaster one.
Shit, I'm having trouble with the extra level in Pollux...

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Hm? People are saying its a bad game/port? The reviews I found were rather decent.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Well that would be the one reason I would have bought it for :(
Thanks guys.

Skilletor

Good, but what about an online patch?

It's dead, Jim. They're too busy pimping Tekken Revolution to pay any attention to SoulCalibur. But hey, if you bought this, at least you'll get a fucking swimsuit in that shitty ass, single player SC game they'll soon abandon.

Huh?

Neo Member
Never played AE but I was somewhat disappointed in SC3 for PS2. Still, the mechanics were decent. But the game itself was a hot mess. I heard good things about AE.

What didn't you like about it? I thought it was one of the better SCs feature-wise, it just had really cheap A.I.

Anyway, I see people talking about problems with this version, is it still worth getting? I wouldn't necessarily play online anyway, just relive old times.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
It's dead, Jim. They're too busy pimping Tekken Revolution to pay any attention to SoulCalibur. But hey, if you bought this, at least you'll get a fucking swimsuit in that shitty ass, single player SC game they'll soon abandon.

Well, at least there's only three online trophies...

Roto13

Anyway, I see people talking about problems with this version, is it still worth getting? I wouldn't necessarily play online anyway, just relive old times.

If you just want to play it offline, it's fine. Same game, just prettier.

Guys....

SOULCALIBUR II HD ONLINE - UPDATE YOUR GAME NOW

We are pleased to announce that a new patch for SoulCalibur II HD Online will be deployed very shortly.

Here is the patch note:

Online Matching service improvements:

* Improved matching filters. Players will now have the choice to search an opponent depending on his region.
Available region are: “North America”, “South America”, “Europe”, “Asia” and “ANY”.
ANY do not means all regions. ANY means all regions except “North America”, “South America”, “Europe”, and “Asia”.
* Online matching search settings are now saved until the console is rebooted.
* Rematch option can now be chosen during Online Free Match mode. The option have to be activated when player creates the game.
* Communication quality meter is now displayed along the fight next to opponent’s ID.

Fixed historical known bugs of the original SoulCalibur II PAL version released 10 years ago:

* Cervantes crash bug from Arcade Version has been fixed
Cervantes A+K (Guard Impact)
* Fixed bugs on several characters
Ivy 4A+B → B cannot be guard > Fixed
Maxi's 3B+K → B hits twice > Fixed
Voldo's "Mantis Fire Dance". Mantis Crawl => 66 is cancelled by pressing G while command is performed > Fixed
Kilik's K is hit, it can be cancelled by pressing G > Fixed

https://www.facebook.com/SoulCalibu...7618702/681455275231141/?type=1&stream_ref=10

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2014/3/7/soul-calibur-ii-hdo-new-update-available.html

Jawmuncher

So whats the name of the song that plays in the broken church/castle?
Can't remember the level's actual name and can't even play the game yet to find out for myself.

Oh shit, didn't even know this existed. So many good memories of soul calibur 2. Owned all three console versions(Spawn was by far my favorite). I'll pick this up at a later date sometime when the price drops.

Edit: If that's true the netcode is shit. Then I'm not gonna pick it up. That's a shame.

AAK

Time to play this game again! I can't check the link right now but does it mention anything about being able to skip the win animations while playing online?

Top Bottom