• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Calibur II HD Online |OT| A Link To The Past

My fav SC game LOVED the GC and xbox version.

Seriously Nintendo really fucked this one up again.
If it was on Wii U with Link it would sell really really well.

The GC version of SC2 was the best selling version of that game and the best selling 3rd party game on the GC the it was released because of how good it was and the fact that it had link.

Nintendo really missed the boat on this again.

SkylineRKR

Was it even? I thought the Ps2 ultimately outsold it.

I don't care for guest chars at all, I had all 3 versions back then. I even thought Hei was the best because still a retarded inclusion he was part of the Namco lore. But Necrid is even worse.

Sort of disappointed that you have to unlock chars, but its expected since it comes with Weapon Master. Disappointed in no JP voice track either.

It seems equivalent to vf5fs. I can't judge properly since I have no idea what I'm doing LOL.
It seems pretty bad to me so far. When it's good, it's okay. But when it's bad, it's SC4 level terrible. I hope it's just because a lot of people haven't gotten the game yet.

:-(

Persona7

Banned

The GC version of SC2 was the best selling version of that game and the best selling 3rd party game on the GC the it was released because of how good it was and the fact that it had link.

Do you have a source of end of life sales?

The only thing I was able to find was the gamecube version selling the most over the first holiday the game was available.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.

PS2=2.06m
GC=1.50m
XBOX=1.00m

Link fans really gotta stop saying GC version sold the most...it didn't.

Netcode feel like SC5/TTT2

akaoni

Banned

There's always people that say in the SCII threads but any sources I've ever seen presented say otherwise.

Do you have a source of end of life sales?

The only thing I was able to find was the gamecube version selling the most over the first holiday the game was available.
Sorry about that in the first year. not Ltd
PS2=2.06m
GC=1.50m
XBOX=1.00m
Sorry about that the year it got released. not ltd, I assumed ps2 was over GC duh because there were way more ps2 out
there.
There's always people that say in the SCII threads but any sources I've ever seen presented say otherwise.
If I could find the source on it I'll link it but that is what I remember it being + seeing it mentioned also lots of times.

But hey I be happy to seem proven wrong if I'm wrong.

Roto13

Or maybe it's Namco's fault Namco isn't releasing this on Wii U?

If this wasn't on PS3, I get the feeling you wouldn't be blaming Sony.

Or maybe it's Namco's fault Namco isn't releasing this on Wii U?

If this wasn't on PS3, I get the feeling you wouldn't be blaming Sony.
True, but Nintnedo knows how SC2 did for GC and they know that putting nintendo char in games helps sell them,
Also they need games specially 3rd party on the system to sell it right now.

Also Heihachi is not a "Sony" character as far as I know so they do not need Sony on this to get the game on the system.

Alfredo

Sad that characters aren't unlocked from the beginning. Gotta unlock Cervantes!

Is the online comparable to SoulCalibur V's? I was really pleased with the online in that.

As for no Japanese voices, whateverrr. English voices were too cheesy NOT to love. SC2 English Cervantes is also my favorite Cervy voice... >_>

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Sad that characters aren't unlocked from the beginning. Gotta unlock Cervantes!

Is the online comparable to SoulCalibur V's? I was really pleased with the online in that.

As for no Japanese voices, whateverrr. English voices were too cheesy NOT to love. SC2 English Cervantes is also my favorite Cervy voice... >_>

From what I tried at my friend's house the netcode was as smooth as TTT2/SCV.

Aris is streaming http://www.twitch.tv/avoidingthepuddle

He says it also feels like SCV/TTT2 netcode

I hope everyone else's perceptions of the netcode are what I can look forward to as more people get the game. This game...so good. I'd forgotten about how much faster it was. How much more movement there was. How much harder it was to lock a character down.

FREEDOM

At $20 I will never buy, I am sure it is fun but fighting games have never been my thing. But, if link was included then I would buy on day 1. Simple as that. The only reason I ever played SCII (the only SC I have ever played) was for the ability to play as link, which was awesome.

Can anyone confirm whether this version includes all the single player extra stuff from the console releases? I need to rewatch those exhibitions you unlocked for each character.

the online seems to run okay for me...would have to play some more to get a better feel for it

I take that back...online seems to run kinda meh. Feels like I'm moving in molasses at times, coming off of the wonderful SCV netcode...kinda disappointed so far

Malio

I was looking forward to this, but $20 isn't going to happen for a game I've already played to death and beat (sort of).

And the length of wait till it's $10 is going to be long past my interest in my 360. Too bad. :/

AAK

Coming from a complete Soul Calibur noob here... what's the logic and combo structure of juggles?

As I'm watching Aris's stream, whenever a launcher happens, I see everyone directly spike them back into the ground and go for Oki. I dunno but it definitely looks plausible for them to land a full string that would suredly do more damage. Is there any reason why no one goes for these? Coming from Tekken and even VF it's really not obvious to me. Does it have to do with the air control feature in the game?

Can't skip through character intros when the match starts in ranked.Lame. Also, while it doesn't seem laggy the matches feel like they're moving slower.

edit: Can't even select different weapons. :[

Roto13

Can anyone confirm whether this version includes all the single player extra stuff from the console releases? I need to rewatch those exhibitions you unlocked for each character.

The Weapons Master mode and exhibitions are definitely in it. It seems like everything is in it except mysteriously the option to switch to Japanese voices.

The only fighting game I was ever good at

I think it had a lot to do with using an analog not a dpad on the GC controller. Also the nooks in the socket of the analog stick made it super easy to perform inputs

Coming from a complete Soul Calibur noob here... what's the logic and combo structure of juggles?

As I'm watching Aris's stream, whenever a launcher happens, I see everyone directly spike them back into the ground and go for Oki. I dunno but it definitely looks plausible for them to land a full string that would suredly do more damage. Is there any reason why no one goes for these? Coming from Tekken and even VF it's really not obvious to me. Does it have to do with the air control feature in the game?
Air control is hella strong, there are no stun combos, and you can tech almost instantaneously in a lot of situations. It's really hard to pin someone down and rack up damage. Generally you can get one or two additional hits off of a launcher or knockdown and then it's back to the neutral game.

Top Bottom