• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice Delta |OT| Escaping a Grim fate

ZeroAKA

sQEsvkI.jpg

T7UXybq.jpg

Soul Sacrifice Delta is a standalone expansion of Soul Sacrifice for the Vita containing all of the story content from the original game along with new material. Owners
of Soul Sacrifice will be able to import their save data into the Soul Sacrifice Delta, including story progression, costumes, offerings (up to 10 of each), sigils, black
rites, essences (10), and lacrima (10,000).

What’s new in Soul Sacrifice Delta:
- A new “Grim” faction, new side stories, alternative ending
- New monsters based on fairy tale characters
- New environments and weather effects
- New offerings and offering combos
- New central hub area for receiving quests and rumors
- Random quest generator and infinite boss rush dungeon
- Improved AI for both enemies and partners
- Gameplay tweaks and balancing
- More character customization options – mix and match costume parts
- Improved graphics (still not native resolution)
- Full list of 100+ changes on the Japanese SSD website

http://i.imgur.com/rjaIwle.jpg/IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/pZbAInm.jpg

bAAFHV1.jpg

Soul Sacrifice Delta Import Thread
Soul Sacrifice Delta Demo Thread
Soul Sacrifice OT
Metacritic Reviews
Soul Sacrifice Delta Wikia
Japanese SS/D Wiki
Baekshi's Guide

bAAFHV1.jpg

GAF Username - PSN ID
ChackanKun - ChackanKun
FrankCaron - FrankCaron
hiljay - neiljoy
Ingueferroque - ingueferroque
Jindrael - Jindrael
Kaji - Kaji_AU
Magus00 - Magus00
mauaus - mauaus
midasmulligunn - midasmulligunn
nampad - nampad
Nekobo1 - Nekobo1
Novocaine - Deicides
Reluctant-Hero - Reluctant-Hero
Scherii - Scherii
spannicus - Loveordie04
The Horror the horror - themadafrican
ZeroAKA - AbstractChaos

Special thanks to Flandy for being the number 1 Soul Sacrifice fan on GAF.

i39BHmm.jpg

Scher

Oh wow, this game is coming out much sooner than I expected! Didn't realize it was next week. If I didn't play the original Soul Sacrifice, will that be an issue? Considering what you get to carry over from the original game, should I be fine going into Delta as a fresh face?

Still haven't picked up my playthrough of the original since release again even though I was loving it for about 3 hours.

... with that and no physical release, I've got no reason to pick it up unless I can just DLC patch the all newness into the regular game at a low price.

ZeroAKA

Oh wow, this game is coming out much sooner than I expected! Didn't realize it was next week. If I didn't play the original Soul Sacrifice, will that be an issue? Considering what you get to carry over from the original game, should I be fine going into Delta as a fresh face?
Almost nobody knew that this is being released next week. ;)

It'll be even better if you didn't play the original. That way, you'll get the most content for your money.

Foxix Von

I'm still curious about how this is going to be handled on the US ps store. I'd really hate to have to pay full price for this again.

That being said my girl and I have been playing through this ravenously trying to get as many levels and offerings as possible to take into the new game. Very, very excited.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Here's a question for those who played the Japanese release: can you import a cloud save or does it have to be local?

Baust

Enjoyed the original quite a bit, so I'm ready to dig into Delta.

I'm hoping they consider bringing all the DLC costumes overseas too, like that Wild Arms collaboration.

Am I wrong in thinking the original game was well liked in the US? No physical release, no pricing info a week before release, no demo before release. It doesn't seem like SCEA cares much about this game.

ZeroAKA

Am I wrong in thinking the original game was well liked in the US? No physical release, no pricing info a week before release, no demo before release. It doesn't seem like SCEA cares much about this game.
So it seems. I hope SSD escapes a Grim fate in the US.

...I'll see myself out.

Vamphuntr

I will get this.Got the original through PS+ and got the platinum . It's too bad it's digital only though. Hopefully the price will be lower because of this.

draetenth

The game looks interesting, but is it something you can play Solo? For some reason, I do have the original soul sacrifice (ps+?).

vocab

The game looks interesting, but is it something you can play Solo? For some reason, I do have the original soul sacrifice (ps+?).

Yes. It has a single player story. Also, not everything from the original is in delta. There's some things changed/removed/enhanced.

Foxix Von

Yes. It has a single player story. Also, not everything from the original is in delta. There's some things changed/removed/enhanced.
Huh, is there a list of removed content? I'm curious as to what might have been cut from the game.

test_account

XP-39C²
Zero marketing. good job Sony.
Going digital only indicates that this is a lower effort title for Sony (then i think about priority, not lower effort in the developement of the game itself). Probably based on the sales of the first Soul Sacrifice game, and Soul Sacrifice Delta isnt really a sequel either. Pity though, i wouldnt mind to see some more advertising of the game. I didnt even know that it was out in May, i thought it was out in the summer some time.

Killer

Banned
Going digital only indicates that this is a lower effort title for Sony (then i think about priority, not lower effort in the developement of the game itself). Probably based on the sales of the first Soul Sacrifice game, and Soul Sacrifice Delta isnt really a sequel either. Pity though, i wouldnt mind to see some more advertising of the game. I didnt even know that it was out in May, i thought it was out in the summer some time.

They are banking on the first game fans. I didn't know it was coming out soon till i saw the thread. not surprising from Sony.

Joichiro

Neo Member
Digital only it's a pain in the... anyways i'll end up buying it. Something has to carry me on until freedom wars gets released in my country.

krossj

If it is a fair price then I'm in for this. I enjoyed the original, especially those story segments and interested to see the new content. Playing through all the content again could be a bore though.

Roubjon

Yeah, I had no clue this was coming out. Ugh, there are so many Vita games I want, but I have zero time to play them. I really enjoyed Soul Sacrifice too.

Tsunamo

Looking forward to this, loved vanilla Soul Sacrifice and have sunk 50+ hours into it.
I just really really hope the price is fair with it being digital-only and a expansion of the original game.

Zeppeli

Banned
Soul Sacrifice has been put up on the NA store as a freebie for PS+ again for now. Get it again before it's too late!

Top Bottom