• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice TGS 2012 trailer

Man

Demon's Souls and Monster Hunter having a baby it seems. Looking really good.
I would put this up there with Tearaway and Killzone Mercenary as my most desired titles for the system.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Looks interesting, although the trailer didn't grab me as much as I thought it would. Can't really put my finger on why though.

It was also really needed this year, the delay is going to hurt it.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Inafune at TGS 2010:

"Lost Planet 1 was designed for the Western market. But the guys who made Lost Planet 2 were misguided. They made it too Japanese. They made it like Monster Hunter."

uhuh

If only the PSvita had more games like this....

Looks very, very impressive. Yeah, despite a disappointing showing from Vita, there are still 5 or 6 games I want. Which is fine, because I dont play handheld stuff much.

I agree. If they release this thing in the same time frame as MH4.... lols are to be had.

The trailer is nice though. Best thing out of the conference.

I don't think that will be a problem (as long as they don't release it the same day or something) they just lack a big title for the holidays.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Can someone explain to me what so good about this trailer? How is this better than god eater, monster hunter, and PSO beside having a different art direction.

Everytime I see that game title at first glance, I think the sequel to Demon's/Dark Souls has been announced.

:(

Still, looks good though!

Man

How is this better than god eater, monster hunter, and PSO beside having a different art direction.
It looks like a genuine PSVita title, it runs well already and it has Demon's Souls reminiscent art with Monster Hunter like gameplay. It's not a puzzle, don't sweat it.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Can someone explain to me what so good about this trailer? How is this better than god eater, monster hunter, and PSO beside having a different art direction.

Yeah, I think that might be my problem with it. Nothing is wrong with it, but nothing grabs me about it either.

The art style is great, but sort of expect the game to be more different because of it. Some of the mechanics sound interesting but it also seems to be reaching a bit to try and make it all tie up with the style. It may work out, but so far not really feeling it.

It is of a calibre the Vita needs more of though however it turns out.

Hydrargyrus

I suppose that it would be terrible for Vita if that occurs, but I really like if that game could be a cross platform (PS3-Vita) game like many others.

Nowadays is my most anticipated game for Vita, and the only.

Well, I say: If they are going to do it wrong, make the things terribly wrong!!
At least the PS3 owners could enjoy this fantastic game

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
I suppose that it would be terrible for Vita if that occurs, but I really like if that game could be a cross platform (PS3-Vita) game like many others.

Nowadays is my most anticipated game for Vita, and the only.

Well, I say: If they are going to do it wrong, make the things terribly wrong!!
At least the PS3 owners could enjoy this fantastic game

I feel sorry for Gravity Rush in that sense as well, but Sony have got themselves in an impossible position with the Vita.

It needs an identity, PS3/PSP simultaneous stuff kills the identity of the system and the incentive to get one. Keeping the system in a constant catch-22. They really didn't think through the system's launch and following months at all.

It's a shame this wasn't in development as a PS3 game already like Gravity Rush, as then it could have hit when it would have helped most.

Come on now, we can´t be shouting out loud the lack of exclusive games and support for the Vita and then ask for one of the few exclusive games it gets to be in ps3 too :(

Hypereides

Gold Member
Demon's Souls and Monster Hunter having a baby it seems. Looking really good.
I would put this up there with Tearaway and Killzone Mercenary as my most desired titles for the system.

Was about to say this. They'll probably want to market it that way too. Although Im not sure its a winning combination.

Soul sacri-facial. Looking good. Itching closer to buying a Vita.

ZoddGutts

Graphically this looks much better than God Eater 2. Makes sense this SS is being made for the Vita from the ground up while God Eater 2 looks like a port of the PSP version with slight graphical improvements.

can we get a story trailer please? something that tell the story of the world and lore. we've seen the action reel since announcement and we see more or less the same magic attack shown again and again.

IMKKP.jpg

neogaf.gif

demigod

Its not. Even Ragnarok Oddyssey gameplay looks better. People are overhyping this game.

It's kind of a weird request but I wish they would just leave the HUD on for the gameplay trailers (there has to be a HUD, right?). I don't see this as the type of game that really benefits from not having a HUD on screen, even in videos.

sublimit

Banned

In terms of looks it definitely looks better than MH4 IMO.But then again this seems to be much more linear.

Kyoufu

It's kind of a weird request but I wish they would just leave the HUD on for the gameplay trailers (there has to be a HUD, right?). I don't see this as the type of game that really benefits from not having a HUD on screen, even in videos.

There's no permanent HUD I don't think. The health bar or whatever it is only appears when you are hit. Maybe you can change it.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
In terms of looks it definitely looks better than MH4 IMO.
Disagree. Maybe technically because it uses fancier shaders and shit but otherwise it didn't look very good to me. Very janky and the attack animations were like they came out of Sengoku Basara 3. It could be the trailer that made it look bad, maybe I'd think the same of MonHun footage if I didn't already know how its gameplay more or less is, but I'm not optimistic.

The wait for this game is unbearable. I really feel like it's going to be a killer app for the Vita.. if it flops, I'll probably commit ritual sudoku.

Kyoufu

Ah, interesting. I assumed the game would have enough systems in play that it would need some type of permanent HUD.

I think those elements only appear on screen when necessary. Like an auto-hide function of sorts.

You can probably change it in options. It does look pretty nice without a HUD though I can't play Monster Hunter without necessary information on my screen at all times.

Top Bottom