• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice TGS 2012 trailer

BadWolf

4Gamer have some Soul Sacrifice devs on their livestream at the moment demoing the game.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/tgs-4gamerlive

Looks like:

-You can lock on to specific enemies, both for melee and ranged.

- A blue-ish outline appears around the enemy you lock on to.

- Enemies have no life bar on screen but you can hit one of the buttons on the d-pad which brings up a mode that darkens up the screen and you see enemies just as brightly colored outlines, you can judge the amount of health they have from the color of their outline.

Looks like:

-You can lock on to specific enemies, both for melee and ranged.

- A blue-ish outline appears around the enemy you lock on to.

- Enemies have no life bar on screen but you can hit one of the buttons on the d-pad which brings up a mode that darkens up the screen and you see enemies just as brightly colored outlines, you can judge the amount of health they have from the color of their outline.

this one is interesting, why go all the trouble to dedicate a button to see enemy's health, I think there's more to this vision than just to see health, maybe locating weakpoints?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
The formula seems to be just kill baddies and big monster with magic.

And that's it.

Presentation is top notch but nothing much to it other then that.

Seems like a hack and slash with magic.

I like the Dark Fantasy atmosphere though.

Roubjon

The formula seems to be just kill baddies and big monster with magic.

And that's it.

Presentation is top notch but nothing much to it other then that.

Seems like a hack and slash with magic.

I like the Dark Fantasy atmosphere though.

Have you played a hunting game before? That's all they usually ever are. Monster Hunter and God Eater are the same way.

Ravage

EpicNameBro released a translation vid of the tutorial section shown at TGS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl18nzulmuo&feature=g-all-u

So saving defeated enemies will replenish your health while choosing to sacrifice them will replenish your sacrifice pool. I like how saving a fallen comrade requires a portion of your own health to be transferred. And how dead/sacrificed players can still influence the battle(revenge against those who betrayed you?). It fits the theme of 'sacrifice' well i think.

One thing for sure, there are plenty of interesting choices (with real consequences) to be made in this game.

hitlerat

Have you played a hunting game before? That's all they usually ever are. Monster Hunter and God Eater are the same way.

But in MonHun we have armor and weapon´s pieces as loot... In Soul Sacrifice we only have material to use in next battle, and nothing permament...

At least it what I read...

But in MonHun we have armor and weapon´s pieces as loot... In Soul Sacrifice we only have material to use in next battle, and nothing permament...

At least it what I read...

Personally I think the battles have an intensity and brutality that I have seen in few games...

Top Bottom