• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice TGS 2012 trailer

B.O.O.M

Online CoOp is going to be all sorts of crazy in this one

I absolutely love how fast the action/movement looks. So smooth too.

Teknoman

ibuomghpmUiapz.gif

This plus Ragnarok Odyssey, should be good on Vita online co-op for awhile.

Shikoro

Is the combat system based mostly on magics?not much melee?
'magic' is just the term they used, in practice, you have magic for summoning weapon like sword or axes, and other magic that transform your fist to giant rock fist, so there are melee in it.

Sid

They got so many hits that their servers would crash. XD jk

Did you see these videos?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GHb-tFe1rTQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BJ7KjwOheJU

Plenty of both in there...

Yeah, I don't know what you mean by melee. XD
Thx for that,so there are swords then,cool.

Apart from a few charge attacks, most of the combat in those videos is showing ranged attacks.
That's because the player is facing larger enemies which have quick movements.

Ravage

The new gameplay footage looks really good. The controls are perfect and there seem to be a lovely variety of abilities.

Ohnonono

This is looking pretty amazing. After hours of hunting monsters with cat buddies this more Horror/Dark Souls looking crazy monster design looks fun!

BadWolf

Just wow, the visuals and designs are incredible and the gameplay has so much variety and content in terms of what you can do.

The fact that you don't have to rely on your pre-mission loadout and can improvise on the spot via sacrificing (from objects to partners) is such an excellent idea, will keep things fresh and is something you can't do neither in MH nor God Eater.

Seems depending on what you sacrifice you get new movement options (one guy was doing a superman like air dash attack while another was zipping around like a bolt on the ground). So good.

Solal

Am I the only one finding the game absolutly disgusting, visually speaking?

It s sooooooo outragiously ugly that it's not even funny.

Not everybody is From Software.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Personally, it reminds me of SMT style designs, mixed with movement that much reminds me of Phantom Dust, and something like Chaos Legion. Big winged bird beast also reminds me of something that could be in Bayonetta.

And so many great gameplay systems... the game just seems so very "Japanese Game Design". Couldn't imagine anyone like Bethestea or Valve making anyting like this in the least. Sword Auto-combos into uppercuts, Smashing huge enemies across the screen with Rock fist, taking way-too-dramatic stances to shoot a blaster, just because one can... just so wild, and constantly expressive.

Roubjon

Am I the only one finding the game absolutly disgusting, visually speaking?

It s sooooooo outragiously ugly that it's not even funny.

Not everybody is From Software.

No, your not. The art style is admittedly gross, but I'll still play it because it looks awesome and I don't mind those kind of asthetics.

Does anybody know how the game is actually structured?
All I've seen are seemingly arena based co-op battles against bosses, I'm not really sure what else the game has aside from that - I can see why they're showcasing it in this way (the multiplayer is probably the biggest hook) but does it have a single player story mode? Is it open world, is it explorable at all? Is it mission based? Are there smaller non-boss monsters? I really don't know any of this and feel like I should do

Shahed

Hoping for a lot of single player content personally. I know multiplayer will be the big draw for the majority, but i'm not really that bothered about it myself

Maedhros

Does anybody know how the game is actually structured?
All I've seen are seemingly arena based co-op battles against bosses, I'm not really sure what else the game has aside from that - I can see why they're showcasing it in this way (the multiplayer is probably the biggest hook) but does it have a single player story mode? Is it open world, is it explorable at all? Is it mission based? Are there smaller non-boss monsters? I really don't know any of this and feel like I should do

I think the game is mission based. There's a singleplayer mode, but it's not a open-world game. Like God Eater.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
The vast majority of what it is please me so much.
But there is something (I still have to figure it out what it is) that doens't "click" my hype completely.

I think the game is mission based. There's a singleplayer mode, but it's not a open-world game. Like God Eater.

Which brings us to the question - are missions designated for variable amount of players and if not will there be AI companions who replace missing players.

Top Bottom