• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soulcalibur IV Official Custom Character/Costume thread

14qhc3.jpg

20zv8s8.jpg

Makoto From SFIII: 3rd Strike. Sorry about the Bloom.

_dementia said:

Oh I remember her! Cool!
Her belt needs to be black (oh hey, it is - doesn't look like it on your camera) and it looks like she needs a much more muscular build. You might also want to try using Female Face 2, since she is fairly young.
makoto.gif

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
radiantdreamer said:
My version of Auron, which uses one of the DLC parts:
auron01.jpg

Very nice! Did you see my Tidus and Wakka?:D

BTW it's really stupid how some of the pieces which could be used for male and female (head and neck stuff mostly) can only be used for one or the other.

Namco really need to keep on updating the CAS system, it is a big incentive behind the sales of the game.

radiantdreamer said:
Oh I remember her! Cool!
Her belt needs to be black (oh hey, it is - doesn't look like it on your camera) and it looks like she needs a much more muscular build. You might also want to try using Female Face 2, since she is fairly young.
makoto.gif
Thanks, I was doing it from memory, so no real reference.

This sprite you posted is not from the game though, right? It looks off.

Ether_Snake said:
Very nice! Did you see my Tidus and Wakka?:D

BTW it's really stupid how some of the pieces which could be used for male and female (head and neck stuff mostly) can only be used for one or the other.

Namco really need to keep on updating the CAS system, it is a big incentive behind the sales of the game.

Totally, dude your Wakka is like bang on! Your Tidus too! Totally awesome! I'm probably going to try Ashe, Vaan, and Penelo next.

_dementia said:
Thanks, I was doing it from memory, so no real reference.

This sprite you posted is not from the game though, right? It looks off.

The sprite does look off. The reason being is actually technical. It's an arcade sprite, which means it's built for CRT televisions. CRT pixels are not square - they're rectangularly tall, so CRTs will stretch an image taller. The sprite shown is a sprite rip, which of course, are square pixels - the character looks squashed because it was made that way. :) Hope that makes sense.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I made Vaan and Ashe too, you can find them earlier in the thread:)

I'm gonna make Strider Hiryu next, and maybe try Barret:p

I am still missing a lot tho. Can't get past F11 on the tower, let alone complete some of the tasks:|

Ether_Snake said:
I made Vaan and Ashe too, you can find them earlier in the thread:)

I'm gonna make Strider Hiryu next, and maybe try Barret:p

I am still missing a lot tho. Can't get past F11 on the tower, let alone complete some of the tasks:|

Yeah, saw those as well. Not as accurate though... Someone made Strider in one of the earlier posts, and that looks really accurate!!

radiantdreamer said:
The sprite does look off. The reason being is actually technical. It's an arcade sprite, which means it's built for CRT televisions. CRT pixels are not square - they're rectangularly tall, so CRTs will stretch an image taller. The sprite shown is a sprite rip, which of course, are square pixels - the character looks squashed because it was made that way. :) Hope that makes sense.
I know that and the CPS resolution scaling.

It just not a sprite from the game. Look at the shading.

makoto.gif
jr4pcl.gif

The one on the right is from the game. the one you posted on the left is a fanmade sprite.

_dementia said:
I know that and the CPS resolution scaling.

It just not a sprite from the game. Look at the shading.

makoto.gif
jr4pcl.gif

The one on the right is from the game. the one you posted on the left is a fanmade sprite.

!!!!!!

Okay, that I didn't know - I didn't play much SF3, but now in comparison, you're absolutely right. The detail on the second one looks WAY better.

BTW, off topic - did Capcom fix the CPS resolution scaling with their CPS3 boards? That sprite doesn't look like it has the same squish problem as their CPS2 games.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Some character edits.

Repented Paladin Nightmare, as well as modern goth Tira and Roman Elite Guard Sophitia!

2zyhpbl.jpg

I'll make an evil Seigfried now:)

Ether_Snake said:
Some character edits.

Repented Paladin Nightmare, as well as modern goth Tira and Roman Elite Guard Sophitia!

Aw that Nightmare looks BADASS!!! Make black version nao! :D

Ashodin

Ether_Snake said:
Some character edits.

2zyhpbl.jpg

Pretty sweet! I wanna make a Paladin Nightmare too now. Should start a trend.

I've got an Auron too, I'll show it in just a bit.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Thanks!

I'll post the black Nightmare later. It's very black! :lol

Here is Siegfried's Id!

2hi7amv.jpg

MoxManiac

radiantdreamer said:
!!!!!!

Okay, that I didn't know - I didn't play much SF3, but now in comparison, you're absolutely right. The detail on the second one looks WAY better.

BTW, off topic - did Capcom fix the CPS resolution scaling with their CPS3 boards? That sprite doesn't look like it has the same squish problem as their CPS2 games.

Yeah, I believe those sprites were made before 3rd strike was emulated (either CPS3 or DC) and thus before they were sprite rippable.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Ether_Snake said:
Some character edits.

2zyhpbl.jpg

Okay, how did you pull off the modern Tira?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
twinturbo2 said:
Okay, how did you pull off the modern Tira?

Just edit her specifically, and gave her some stuff from Amy mainly, along with a few other items. Nothing fancy:)

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
How are you guys making custom quotes? Is this available with the Japanese dialog turned on?
Ether_Snake said:
Just edit her specifically, and gave her some stuff from Amy mainly, along with a few other items. Nothing fancy:)
What about the midriff?

I did a Nightmare-Seigfried and a Seigfried-Nightmare too. Seigfried with Nightmare's parts looks sssssstrange. I may have to get the DLC and do a Nightmare with that.

I'm trying to do Bill Rizer and Lance Bean from Contra now, but they look too dull if you follow the NES designs (and there's no tank top for Bill) and their designs have changed so much in the other games I can't decide which version to do. I think I'm just going to go down the middle and make my own versions.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
twinturbo2 said:
How are you guys making custom quotes? Is this available with the Japanese dialog turned on?

What about the midriff?

Is that the hair you mean? There is a type of hair that has two colors.

Teknoman

I think the custom quotes are just them using photoshop with a similar font. There isnt a custom quote option as far as I know.

Also is there some sort of t-shirt esque undergarment for male characters?

ThirstyFly said:
I did a Nightmare-Seigfried and a Seigfried-Nightmare too. Seigfried with Nightmare's parts looks sssssstrange. I may have to get the DLC and do a Nightmare with that.

I'm trying to do Bill Rizer and Lance Bean from Contra now, but they look too dull if you follow the NES designs (and there's no tank top for Bill) and their designs have changed so much in the other games I can't decide which version to do. I think I'm just going to go down the middle and make my own versions.

Neo Contra style would probably be the easiest.

Is it just my imagination, or does a Zero_Phoenix (who posted on the first page of this thread) have a NSFW avatar?

I mean, I'd notify a mod, but I get the feeling they don't spend much time reading PMs.

dark steve said:
Is it just my imagination, or does a Zero_Phoenix (who posted on the first page of this thread) have a NSFW avatar?

I mean, I'd notify a mod, but I get the feeling they don't spend much time reading PMs.
Yeah. Maybe he changed the photo corresponding to the link on his photobucket account after being upset over getting banned?

MrTroubleMaker

Gold Member
radiantdreamer said:

:lol Ronald and Hamburglar

that's great!

Teknoman

How do I get those monster voices like some of the created characters in story mode have?

Also no normal shirt undergarments? I need something to make a character have red cloth under their armor, but nothing on their arms/upper neck.

EDIT: That Guyver is awesome, but Megaman looks more like a Blue Bubbleman imo.

Caj814

D.K. . .DONKEY KONG vs Kain
vlcsnap-00001-1.jpg

vlcsnap-00002-1.jpg

vlcsnap-00003-1.jpg

vlcsnap-00004-2.jpg

COBRAAAAAA Commander vs Shredder
vlcsnap-00005-2.jpg

vlcsnap-00006-1.jpg

vlcsnap-00007-2.jpg

vlcsnap-00008-2.jpg

Joker vs Harley
vlcsnap-00011-2.jpg

vlcsnap-00012-2.jpg

vlcsnap-00013-2.jpg

It's mad love don't you think?
vlcsnap-00014-2.jpg

vlcsnap-00015-2.jpg

Freddie Mercury vs Michael Jackson
vlcsnap-00018.jpg

vlcsnap-00019.jpg

vlcsnap-00020.jpg

vlcsnap-00021.jpg

persibro

_dementia said:
May I have the stats for this one?

Ask and ye shall receive!

zechs_stats.jpg

I didn't really bother changing the voice or the face, so those may or may not accurately reflect the character. :lol

_dementia said:
14qhc3.jpg

20zv8s8.jpg

Makoto has a scarf not a headband sadly (you can find a good looking scarf like thing in the neck accessories)
and she has a long sleeve shirt on.. (yeah i'm nitpicking but only because I too made a Makoto though you get an A for effort and for doing it by memory :D )

Kreed

Sho Nuff said:
I wanna optimize my gameplay to unlock as many Create parts as possible -- what's the dealio and what do I have to do to keep unlocking shit?

The easiest way is to get 30 achievements (31 since the first achievement you get for just turning the game on doesn't count). Getting 30 achievements unlocks all the clothing parts for purchase. You'll also have to play through the story mode for all the characters to get their weapons as well, so you'll probably want to try to get some achievements while playing through the story modes as well.

The other (much harder) way is to attempt to get through all 100 floors on the Tower of Souls (Ascend and Descend), which unlocks everything/makes every item available for purchase (don't worry about winning the treasure chests unless you just want the parts for free).

I have finally started to dabble in creating characters and as I assign attributes, I get a message that I have run out of skill points (or whatever its called). However, I don't see where it discusses the number of skill points I have. Anyone know what boneheaded thing I'm missing? Is this related to the weapon I had equipped?

Ashodin

Working_Stiff said:
I have finally started to dabble in creating characters and as I assign attributes, I get a message that I have run out of skill points (or whatever its called). However, I don't see where it discusses the number of skill points I have. Anyone know what boneheaded thing I'm missing? Is this related to the weapon I had equipped?
Relates to the weapons you have equipped and the items you have on your character.

Ether_Snake said:
Can't wait to see yours:)

I tried making Vaan last night. Got it fairly accurate, except the freakin vest. The only vest available is too long, and has only one customizable color. I looked through the list of all unlockable clothing, and there is NOTHING suitable. Looks like my Vaan won't have a vest. :\

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
twinturbo2 said:
Okay, about the Tight Shirt for the modern gothic Tira, how do I color it and what wrist thing should I use?

I'll post the details tonight. I think it's leather gloves.

radiantdreamer said:
I tried making Vaan last night. Got it fairly accurate, except the freakin vest. The only vest available is too long, and has only one customizable color. I looked through the list of all unlockable clothing, and there is NOTHING suitable. Looks like my Vaan won't have a vest. :\

I think the straps I used somehow work fine enough. It's not a vest, but is fitting enough I think:)

Ether_Snake said:
I think the straps I used somehow work fine enough. It's not a vest, but is fitting enough I think:)

It pretty much is the only available choice. I'm giving up on it and deleting it. I need more space. I'd like to have a cast of mostly accurate recreations on my CaS roster, or complete originals.

I did find some other nice gear that would match with my current build of Vaan, so maybe a derived custom character is in order.

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
Loving the Freddie Mercury. Might copy that. Wait for a suit so i can attempt a Sadam and Bush.

Also:

n562985088_3785641_9485.jpg

He's also VERY fitting for Voldo and a high pitch male voice.

Top Bottom