• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soulcalibur Legends [Wii] screens

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Now thats why I bought a Wii, looking good so far, just add shadows Namco, and a coherant control scheme and this could be a sleeper hit, will keep an eye on this.

Yagharek

I'm of the opinion that Soul Calibur on Dreamcast still looks and sounds fantastic. Even though the game is technically surpassed by many other games now, it looks so clean, colourful and the music ... the music!

I only hope this game manages to uphold the level of quality that Soul Calibur exemplifies.

Monk

Banned
Fady K said:
Ninja Gaiden looked far better than this IMO. This doesnt look a lot better than Soul Calibur III to be honest.

I think he is referring to the original ninja gaiden on the origianl Xbox.

ninja-gaiden-20040623054046479.jpg

58221520070628_123614_4_big.jpg

While the polygon count on the enemies and characters are a little more on Ninja Gaiden the texture work and the environments are abotu the same.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
BrodiemanTTR said:
Stop looking forward to this game, people. It's going to suck.

What has me pretty optimistic is IGN was very skeptical of the game, and did a 180 soon after the Namco event. That tells me they played it and its pretty good.

SCReuter

I could've sworn these screens were released already.

Whatever the case, Namco's giving us an exclusive SoulCalibur designed with the Wii Remote in mind, so I'm all for this.

Even if Legends happens to be a spin-off.

If they pull this off well, I am more than happy to buy the game. Oh, and Ninja Gaiden on Xbox is still a good-looking game ( I wonder how über-awesome Ninja Gaiden Sigma will be, though ).

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
JDSN said:
Old art with nipples:

l_wk_070628sc07.jpg

l_wk_070628sc07.jpg

l_wk_070628sc07.jpg

[URL="http://plusd.itmedia.co.jp/games/articles/0706/28/news055.html]Rest of the art (Warning: No nipples)[/URL]

Yeah, I bet Namco is lying on purpose about the team making the game!
Fixed link:
http://plusd.itmedia.co.jp/games/articles/0706/28/news055.html
There's also the same screenshots of this thread, but in near-native resolutions.

P.S.: the pics you hotlinked don't work to me.

Threi

notag
Monk said:
I think he is referring to the original ninja gaiden on the origianl Xbox.

ninja-gaiden-20040623054046479.jpg

58221520070628_123614_4_big.jpg

While the polygon count on the enemies and characters are a little more on Ninja Gaiden the texture work and the environments are abotu the same.

They look around the same graphically to me...but eh whatever if some random guys on the internet say the Xbox game looks better because they dislike the wii who am i to argue? :)

I was pessimistic about this game until i heard what team was working on it. I think we can put those "DBD 2 LOLZ" arguments to rest now.

Tabris

It won't be good, just like that dumb Nina game wasn't good and all those tekken mini-games w/ the same premise weren't that good.

Namco just doesn't know how to take a fighting game and make an action game out of it.

SCReuter

Tabris said:
It won't be good, just like that dumb Nina game wasn't good and all those tekken mini-games w/ the same premise weren't that good.

Namco just doesn't know how to take a fighting game and make an action game out of it.
Different teams.

Give the game a chance.

M3d10n

disc said:
:(

Why oh why are you making that for the Wii... I don't want to have gimmicky wiimote controls in a fighting platforming game... I want combos, walljumps and insane storylines.

h-668_73605_FILE0000.jpg.jpg

Surely, Ivy and Taki fighting a giant Astaroth is completely sane and normal by Soul Calibur Standards.

Oh snap, he's banned.

M3d10n said:
Surely, Ivy and Taki fighting a giant Astaroth is completely sane and normal by Soul Calibur Standards.

Oh snap, he's banned.

What I don't understand is why he would consider SC's storyline 'insane'. I always thought it as pretty standard fare for videogames.

ivysaur12

Banned
The art is awesome, and now that we know what team is making it, I'm really looking forward to this.

And shut up, it looks as good as Ninja Gaiden.

radiuhm

To be honest I would've loved Soul Calibur 4 instead =/, well that's more incentive to buy a PS3
when they finally drop the price.

Andonuts

Stop It said:
Now thats why I bought a Wii, looking good so far, just add shadows Namco, and a coherant control scheme and this could be a sleeper hit, will keep an eye on this.

surely this game will fail without the proper shadows

I am cautiously optimistic.

You know what would be really awesome? Having them include a port of the original Soul Calibur in this game.

Make it happen, Namco.

Linkup

It's hard to change first impressions of a game on the internets. Looks fine and it has co-op plus a versus mode.

SCReuter

CurseoftheGods said:
I am cautiously optimistic.

You know what would be really awesome? Having them include a port of the original Soul Calibur in this game.

Make it happen, Namco.
I'd buy it for the port alone.

And the inclusion would make sense considering Legends is a direct prequel to the original Calibur.

Monk

Banned
dark10x said:
So SC4 looks worse than Soul Calibur 3 then? Yikes. :|

If you gave me two screens, one with sc3 and the other with sc4, i probably cant tell the difference. :p

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Monk said:
If you gave me two screens, one with sc3 and the other with sc4, i probably cant tell the difference. :p
That's a shame, but seems to be par for the course this generation (with Namco).

I have yet to see a single shot of SC4...

Top Bottom