• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SOULCALIBUR VI - Geralt of Rivia Reveal Trailer

I know many people are hype for this character but it doesn't appeal to me at all, but I'm just old and nostalgic for SC2's stellar Link and Spawn inclusions.

At least there's a PC version, maybe modders can put someone interesting in his place.

Box art reveal (as a Witcher fan, this makes me happy and I'll be there on day one):

DYbBRLZVMAAjepU.jpg

MadYarpen

I don't like it at all. As a fan of books that is. It's just inappropriate for me... I know it sounds stupid. But whatever, luckily I'm not interestd in this game anyway .

mrbogus

Neo Member
I know past Soul Calibur games have put the guest characters on the box cover, but I could mistake this game for a Witcher title while walking through a department store.

Very unexpected. I liked Witcher 2 a lot, and haven't gotten very far in Witcher 3 at all. But Geralt is cool, love his voice. It's nice to see Witcher fans analyzing what powers he's using in the trailer. And the fact that there are people out there who know The Witcher and not Soul Calibur shows how good of a pick this is. You don't want to overlap fanbases if your goal is to attract more players, which is what I assume Bamco is doing.

super cool! now add Link in a Switch version

I don't hang around here too often, but are messages like this ban-able? I'm curious

I love the Witcher, but this will probably be forgotten about in a couple months. Same with Yoda, Darth Vader, Starkiller, Ezio, etc.

No one talks about Starkiller anymore. :( it's a cool idea, but they already showed off his entire moveset. His special isn't that great. I'd rather use those signs in the Witcher games.

I'm skeptical just because of how these things end up. What's his advantage? Why can't he summon Roach to run in and knock the character over?

Did anyone care about Starkiller? Soul Calibur was already losing steam after the 2nd game. Really not sure how you can be so skeptical from just one trailer and looking at absolutely no feedback from other people other than your own.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Very unexpected. I liked Witcher 2 a lot, and haven't gotten very far in Witcher 3 at all. But Geralt is cool, love his voice. It's nice to see Witcher fans analyzing what powers he's using in the trailer. And the fact that there are people out there who know The Witcher and not Soul Calibur shows how good of a pick this is. You don't want to overlap fanbases if your goal is to attract more players, which is what I assume Bamco is doing.

I don't hang around here too often, but are messages like this ban-able? I'm curious

Did anyone care about Starkiller? Soul Calibur was already losing steam after the 2nd game. Really not sure how you can be so skeptical from just one trailer and looking at absolutely no feedback from other people other than your own.

I just base it off of most guest characters that appear in fighting games anymore. I cared about Ezio years ago. It didn't really impact much that he was in V. He's a character that lost his steam years later. Geralt might not, but Geralt in a fighting game? Who knows.

I'm suppose to be skeptical because I'm judging it off my own experiences. It's not like it was at the arcade where there is something to take from the whole experience. He'll wind up like Ezio. An unused character after 5-6 months.

Maybe if I thought about V more than I did I would not have bought it. Is that why the series went down hill? Why did it lose steam?

Edit: honestly, I haven't spoken out about a fighting game in years. It's been mainly praise because I see something like Tekken Tag 2 and I'm going online to find people who enjoy it because I know no one who actually plays anymore.

Another thing... Starkiller was this phenom pop culture product of AAA games. It was cool for a moment and then it vanished. Take down a star destroyer using the force. Now a days no one wants to see that stuff. It's old and out the door. Geralt or the Witcher isn't like that to me. I've enjoyed both Witcher and SC since their initial launch. I just don't know if I can think this is awesome when in reality... it might just be $60 down the toilet.

Edit 2: I think a lot of it comes from really enjoying fighting games, but sucking online. lol I do better with single player arcade modes. I mean, Geralt could be awesome, but if I suck with him I'd move on to another character almost immediately.

Last edited:
Top Bottom