• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park Creators backing off Trump.. "Satire has become reality"

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildfire

Banned
Finally watched it. Thanks for the link.

Half of that really would fit in a comedy episode.

The first live stream reporter clinched it.

DarkKyo

i'm sure glad SNL didn't decide to "lay off Trump" and this clowntown administration.

It's an entirely different format, medium, and style of satire. Can't really compare the two.

Also, I haven't really found SNL's Trump admin stuff very funny yet. The real thing is so ridiculous that they have to really try hard to satirize it and it feels incredibly forced to me.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Why does it have to only be about Trump?

What will it be on then? Having any interaction with the White House without Garrison/Trump might be decent depending on the context of the season.

Matt and Trey probably have no idea either what they want to do.

Eusis

If he gets impeached or otherwise kicked out of office they have something to work with there probably and can just ignore him from then on.

DarkKyo

The Onion also continues to kill it. IDK what this even means

Basically it's been done to death on South Park and it's not that funny anymore within SP's satirical style. What they mean is the reality of this administration is too ridiculous that there's no room for anything insightful or interesting to be said about it in the context of the show(which, keep in mind, is supposed to be about a little Colorado town and its schoolkids). Also like I started with, they've already focused a whole season or so on Trump.. never before have they focused on a presidential candidate or really any person/celebrity for more than an episode or two, so I really think they've covered their bases and proven their point on this matter.

Tbh I'm sick of Trump on South Park, so this is welcome news.

GamerJM

Banned
Even if you take this statement at face value, it's basically them admitting that they're not really good enough at satire to properly parody the president.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom