• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park, Metro: LL, Company of Heroes 2 all delayed, THQ looking for cash options

Someone check my very basic math here.

THQs current monthly burn rate is ~40 million. Actually I think its closer to 55 million but I'm trying to be generous.

They are getting about 10 million a month in from sells of their current products in the market place.

They have 20 million in cash.

Unless they lay off almost everyone, continue funding external products, and go completely private, they aren't even going to make it till calendar year 2013.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

THQs current monthly burn rate is ~40 million. Actually I think its closer to 55 million but I'm trying to be generous.

They are getting about 10 million a month in from sells of their current products in the market place.

Unless they lay off almost everyone, continue funding external products, and go completely private, they aren't even going to make it till calendar year 2013.

WHAT IN THE BLUE FUCK!?

Ridiculous!

They had to bet the farm on uDraw Tablet HD, fucking numbskulls

further into the depths they sink...

rcfW7.png

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
WHAT IN THE BLUE FUCK!?

Ridiculous!

They had to bet the farm on uDraw Tablet HD, fucking numbskulls
Well, they only lost $80 million on uDraw. In the grand scheme of things that was about 2-3 months of operation.

Their problems started several years back when they started dropping from being a $1+ billion a year revenue company.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
What's the price point where you are taken off Nasdaq

< $0.80?

I remember THQ was hovering there before and almost got yanked or they did

I remember reading it on GAF here

THQ close to being de-listed

faridmon

Its all their fault. Just Release Metro: LL and you can just die away. Stupid business decissions after another. I really feel bad for people whov work for them :(

carlos

Monthly burn rate is a bit over 32 million actually

They are getting about 27 million a month in sales (over the last 2 quarters anyway)

They have 36 million in cash (at Sept. 31) (and half a 50 M credit line remaining, so 25 Million)

They have gotten better sales than forecast over those two quarters, and yet still face a cash crunch.

They really need WWE 13 sales to be great and older catalog sales to continue doing well; that should get them to launch the games in March

Well, they only lost $80 million on uDraw. In the grand scheme of things that was about 2-3 months of operation.

Its a little more complex than that. They built their entire 2011 - 2014 production line based on the success of the Udraw system. When that failed, they put all their eggs into Home front. When Home Front didn't pull Call of Duty numbers, THQ fate was sealed.

I hope South Park and Saints Row The Fourth make out alive of all this. I need this two games in my life.
Then when THQ can sell Volition and their franchises to someone competent that isnt EA or Activision.

Mikeside

I hope South Park and Saints Row The Fourth make out alive of all this. I need this two games in my life.
Then when THQ can sell Volition and their franchises to someone competent that isnt EA or Activision.

You don't want EA or Activision taking charge of Saint's Row...
...c'mon.

Top Bottom