• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park - Season 18 - Begins September 24th @ 10PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Does anyone live in an area where local channels still show syndicated reruns? One of the local affiliates here just stopped — replaced by The Cleveland Show, blerg. I'm bummed, since I'd watch it almost every night. I just wonder if the Hulu deal has anything to do with it, or if it's just coincidence.

Oh right, a season with an episode as great as sarcastaball could have been underwhelming.

http://southpark.cc.com/full-episodes/s16e08-sarcastaball

I think Trey and Matt have been on form these last few seasons. South Park is one of the few shows that improved considerably as it went along. My favourite South Park episodes are from the last three or four seasons which is miraculous for a show like this. Every season usually has at least three episodes that has me in fits of laughter. This faith in quality is the reason why I'm always so excited for every new season.

Matt and Trey are talented, gifted comedy geniuses and this shines through in the show.

ElTopo

Banned
I kinda' hope the series ends soon. I think the last few seasons have been a bit hit and miss. But, when it hits it's fucking amazing. I just don't want to see the show go on and on like The Simpsons.

I kinda' hope the series ends soon. I think the last few seasons have been a bit hit and miss. But, when it hits it's fucking amazing. I just don't want to see the show go on and on like The Simpsons.

Matt and Trey have stated that they don't want to be producing South Park forever. Their current agreement with Comedy Central takes the show to Season 20 in 2016 and I think that's when they'll probably call it quits. They have other projects they want to work on. I think the shortened seasons now are a sign that the show will be coming to an end soon.

Hopefully they'll produce some more heavy hitting hilarious episodes before we reach that point.

ElTopo

Banned
Agreed. Book of Mormon was amazing (and I hate musicals) and I'd love to see them do more things.

Orgazmo is probably my favorite comedy of all time. I've seen it at least 100 times.

Ogni-XR21

Hoping they still put this on southpark.de, since Hulu is not a thing here in Germany. It usualy takes a week for new episodes to be available but better than not having them at all.

SKINNER!

Banned
Matt and Trey have stated that they don't want to be producing South Park forever. Their current agreement with Comedy Central takes the show to Season 20 in 2016 and I think that's when they'll probably call it quits. They have other projects they want to work on. I think the shortened seasons now are a sign that the show will be coming to an end soon.

Hopefully they'll produce some more heavy hitting hilarious episodes before we reach that point.

Yup. I'd be happy with 20 seasons. and thankfully it - more or less - stayed consistently good and relevant compared to the simpsons.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Ah yisss. I just pray it's more consistently great then some of the last seasons. Though even a bad South Park episode is good TV relative to other shows.

This is how I feel about it. I've been watching South Park since the first episode aired, but the past couple seasons haven't done much for me. Bad South Park is still okay, though.

CassSept

Sucks its now 10 episodes a year instead of 14.

It only takes them 1 week to make an episode anyway.
Lazy bastards.

Meh, it's better for them to not overwork themselves to pump out 14 episodes a year. I'm ok with the decreased episode count, they have been working on the series for over 15 years.

Darksol

Agreed. Book of Mormon was amazing (and I hate musicals) and I'd love to see them do more things.

Orgazmo is probably my favorite comedy of all time. I've seen it at least 100 times.

I don't wanna sound like a queer or nuthin', but I think unicorns are kick ass!

zerotol

Banned
Go Fund Yourself

http://southpark.cc.com/blog/2014/09/22/season-18-premiere-press-release

NEW YORK, September 22, 2014 – The boys launch a Kickstarter campaign and get down to business on an all-new episode of “South Park” titled “Go Fund Yourself” premiering Wednesday, September 24 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central.

After Cartman and the boys name their new company, The Washington Redskins, they just sit back and watch the funding roll in. The head coach of the Washington Redskins football team demands that they change the name but Cartman digs in his heels. The Washington Redskins may never mean the same thing ever again.

The all-new episodes from this season are available in HD exclusively on Hulu and South Park Studios the day after they premiere. The episodes are also available for purchase in SD and HD on Amazon Instant Video, iTunes, XBOX Live, Google Play, Sony Entertainment Network and Vudu.

ElTopo

Banned
Because the show is winding down and Trey and Matt will be probably end the show once their contract is up.

Svafnir

School yard stuff is meh at this point. The show has gotten away from that a lot and I like it. I like the new and crazy stuff they do.

Because the show is winding down and Trey and Matt will be probably end the show once their contract is up.

Agreed. I'd be very surprised if South park goes past twenty seasons. Matt and Trey have stated over and over again recently that they want to wind down production of the show and move onto other projects. They love South Park but the show has been going since 1997 and is approaching two active decades now.

Also the means to which they produce South Park (a frantic rush of starting and completing each episode in six days) is clearly very taxing on them. You guys should watch Six Days To Air. Matt shows up at the studio and spends like 15 hours non-stop working on each episode and then does that for almost a week before barely submitting each episode to Comedy Central before the air date. I think ultimately that work process has taken its toll and they'd rather work on projects on a more relaxed schedule.

Plus I'd rather South Park finish up on a creative peak and end gracefully as opposed to being run into the ground.

I kind of want Season 20 to be the last season.

Remember the last episode of
Clerks: The Animated series? Where they don't leave the store and all sorts of chaos is happening outside? Maybe something like that for the series finale?

Lothar

Banned
I could see if South Park was doing 24 episodes a year and it was a constant drain on them and they were burned out from it. But it's such a small amount of episodes I can't see why it wouldn't continue as long as they're alive. It's just two months of the year. You can tell that they enjoy doing them (in the 6 days to air documentary), they have things to say, there are endless things to make fun of. Why would it end?

ElTopo

Banned
But in those 6 days they're working almost 24/7 to get an episode done. If you listen to the commentary for the Woodland Critters Christmas episode you can really understand the fatigue these guys have getting the episodes done. Plus they're approaching the 20 year mark and after all that time that would wear down anyone. After going through the brutal schedule of getting Team America finished they wanted to quit the show.

Plus, who wants the show to be driven into the ground like Simpsons and Family Guy?

Rich!

I hope we get a stick of truth reference episode.

...we did, last season. It was the black friday trilogy:

sp_s17_e08.jpg

B.K.

I hope there's another trilogy this year. The Black Friday Trilogy was the best thing South Park has done in years.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Guessing it will be about Domestic abuse. Just an offensive name seems too small a target for South Park.

Though, I guess they did do the "fags" episode, which was amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom