• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: TFBH "Game is Gold" Trailer

MortosDer

Neo Member
So this is what they meant about "engaging" the "other side". Got it.
And in case you're wondering I'm talking about the "you laughed at racist jokes. good on you" drive by posts. Really useful to the discussion at hand.

And yeah, I noticed the black racist fish and knew it was wrong. And yes, I laughed at Kanye making a shitty iOS game as a tribute to his dead mother. I'm not that terrible a human being, I pay taxes, might call 911 when I see a car crash... donate money to charity. But hey, keep yaping about dipishits being ok with offensive content.
Maybe try asking your doctor, neighbor, taxi driver or significant other what they laught at. It might suprise you.

bitbydeath

And in case you're wondering I'm talking about the "you laughed at racist jokes. good on you" drive by posts. Really useful to the discussion at hand.

And yeah, I noticed the black racist fish and knew it was wrong. And yes, I laughed at Kanye making a shitty iOS game as a tribute to his dead mother. I'm not that terrible a human being, I pay taxes, might call 911 when I see a car crash... donate money to charity. But hey, keep yaping about dipishits being ok with offensive content.
Maybe try asking your doctor, neighbor, taxi driver or significant other what they laught at. It might suprise you.

It's not even worth trying to argue, they claim to be high and mighty but act childish with their put downs and typing in caps.

Don't engage.

You admit what it is and that you just don't give a fuck, which is more than several others are willing to do, so props for that at least.

Trying to rationalize it away with "I do good things and other people suck" is kinda weak tho

I hope you didn't laugh at the Steve Irwin episode.

1. I didn't

2. What does that have to do with what I was responding to?

As I said previously I have no problem with them making fun of what Kanye did with the game, or even including his mother.

I object to the adding a minstrel show element simply to be racist ass hats. There is no reason to add it, the joke while in poor taste works without needing to be racist at the same time. And the racist part isn't insulting Kanye its insulting all black people for no reason.

If the past 11 pages haven't provided you with reasons why people are unhappy, you're one of two things:

1) obtuse as fuck.
2) purposefully inflammatory in attempt to troll "snowflakes" displeased with the pinnacle of satire that is South Park.

Or I know it is offensive as fuck and was being sarcastic. Who wouldn't find that shit offensive? My sarcasm doesn't translate well sometimes. I still want to play the game.

Chopper

Sorry to bump, but I thought I'd mention that Ubisoft just sent me an email acknowledging the preorder for the Collector's Edition that I made on the 14th of June last year (!) will be with me on launch day. After all the delays, it's a huge relief.

So wasn't sure where to post this as we don't have a TFBW PC performance thread yet so thought the most recent game thread we have might be best.

Basically I'm a tech noob and need help understanding the game's system requirements which are as follows:

RECOMMENDED:

OS: Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
Processor: Intel Core i5-4690K / AMD FX-8350 or equivalent
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 / GTX 750ti / GTX 960 / GTX 1060 / AMD Radeon R9 280X / R9 380 / RX 470
Storage: 20 GB available space
Additional Notes: 1080p @~60FPS

So I'm probably being an idiot here but how does this game require a GTX 670 at the minimum, which I surpass, but also a GTX 1060, which I don't have? Does it mean the GTX 670 is the minimum?

For reference I have a quad-core i5 7300HQ and GTX 1050. Do I surpass the above requirements?

Help would be appreciated!

Peff

So wasn't sure where to post this as we don't have a TFBW PC performance thread yet so thought the most recent game thread we have might be best.

Basically I'm a tech noob and need help understanding the game's system requirements which are as follows:

So I'm probably being an idiot here but how does this game require a GTX 670 at the minimum, which I surpass, but also a GTX 1060, which I don't have? Does it mean the GTX 670 is the minimum?

For reference I have a quad-core i5 7300HQ and GTX 1050. Do I surpass the above requirements?

Help would be appreciated!

It's a weird way of listing the requirements, but it makes sense in context, you just need to look at the minimum requirements too. They list the budget versions of those GPUs, meaning that if yours is any of those you can play at 720/60fps, but if it's listed on the recommended specs you can play at 1080p/60fps. So yeah, your PC should handle this without breaking a sweat.

At any rate, remember that:
- Modern day specs are a bit "just list whatever" and very often games will work better than they'd suggest, and even work at all when your hardware is below them.
- You can refund the game on Steam as long as you play less than two hours, which should be more than enough to see if it performs to your liking. You probably shouldn't do this with every single release that comes out, but there's no reason not to take advantage of it in cases like this.

It's a weird way of listing the requirements, but it makes sense in context, you just need to look at the minimum requirements too. They list the budget versions of those GPUs, meaning that if yours is any of those you can play at 720/60fps, but if it's listed on the recommended specs you can play at 1080p/60fps. So yeah, your PC should handle this without breaking a sweat.

Ah, thanks for the insight man. Your post was enlightening. Appreciate you taking the time to help me out. Looks like my machine should be able to handle this quite easily then which is a relief.

Super excited for the game so it's awesome news that it should run well on this machine. Thanks again.

Top Bottom