• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Fractured But Whole won't be censored in Australia

Ubisoft has confirmed that South Park: The Fractured But Whole has been given a R18+ rating in Australia and will be completely uncut and uncensored.

We spoke to the Game Director, Jason Schroeder at E3 and he assured us that they were working with the necessary authorities to make it happen and it appears that they’ve been successful in their bid to get the game into Australia without anything being cut this time around.

https://press-start.com.au/news/pla...d-whole-will-completely-uncensored-australia/

devonodev

22mn8NpGZXxbf7TJ7x6l41lfCmU=.gif

NoKisum

So does that mean the new game just won't be as crude as SoT? Did the game get censored in all regions?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So does that mean the new game just won't be as crude as SoT? Did the game get censored in all regions?

Not necessarily. The anal probe and abortion scenes are what did Stick in (anything resembling sexual violence is a guaranteed insta-fail).

Edit: Oh, to answer your other question, Stick's censorship situation is a little weird.

I preordered through the US PSN just in case it would be censored, but happy for others that it won't be.

Enjoying the fuck out of replaying The Stick of Truth on PS4 to get me ready for the new game.

That game has more replayability than people give it credit for imo.

NoKisum

Not necessarily. The anal probe and abortion scenes are what did Stick in (anything resembling sexual violence is a guaranteed insta-fail).

Edit: Oh, to answer your other question, Stick's censorship situation is a little weird.

Both questions were actually towards FBW. I'm now starting to wonder if, while writing the jokes for the game, someone stepped in and said, "Alright guys, after the censorship issues in Australia, we really gotta tone it down." I hope this wasn't the cause of the last delay.

El-Suave

So that means, EU versions are censored..

I was hoping to learn that from Gamescom, but I couldn't find any new news in the German/Euro games media. The important questions never seem to get asked. All we have right now is the months old news that it probably will be cencored but Ubisoft is trying their best to avoid it.

Considering how ridiculous the ratings board for Australia seems to be sometimes I actually expected the op to say it was banned instead.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Considering how ridiculous the ratings board for Australia seems to be sometimes I actually expected the op to say it was banned instead.

The issue with Australia IIRC is that, until recently, they did not have an 18's rating. Therefore everything was either rated for 15's or not rated at all. I believe things have improved since they introduced the 18 rating.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The issue with Australia IIRC is that, until recently, they did not have an 18's rating. Therefore everything was either rated for 15's or not rated at all. I believe things have improved since they introduced the 18 rating.

The problem has always been more with the classification guidelines themselves than the lack of an adult rating, which remain unchanged: depictions of sexual violence and incentivisation of drug use are grounds for refusal. Essentially, while we now have an adult rating, the classification board is still bound by the morality that underpins the MA15+ rating. The R18+ rating does give titles with particularly high levels of violence safe passage, though, so it's not all bad. E.g. Valve resubmitted L4D2 and it's now available in its intended form.

Top Bottom