• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SPARTAN: Total Warrior - Impressions

wipeout364

I picked this game up about three weeks ago and have been playing a lot. THis game didn't seem to get much love so I thought I would say it's great. The combat is very intense and the difficulty is insane. It reminds me for some reason of ONE for the PS1. I think they may of made it too difficult though because it will likely turn off a lot of people.

It gives you the feeling that you are getting better at combat as you go through the game, and not just at hitting the potion buttons like diablo. the combat which seems simple is actually pretty impressive balancing radial and direct attacks with a lot of defensive type manuvers while watching your rage meter and special meters and picking appropriate times to use them. This gane really gives you the deep in it feeling.

Anyway if anybody is on the fence about this one its good, just be warned about difficulty it is punishing in places and could be a definite turnoff to alot of people

wipeout364

I was surprised by the cold reception I think that is partly why I hesitated in getting it. Creative assembly has made a great game though and it is good to see SEGA starting to make some good games again.
I actually haven't played the arena or gladiator mode yet I am still working my way through the story. I was stuck for three days on the archimedes level (groan). I am on Act 3 part 3 I think there are only a couple more sections of ACT 3 then I am done.
If they could work a multi player into this it would be pretty kick ass. There is so much going on on the screen it might be difficult though.

nightez said:
I wanted to get Spartan, but it got a largely cold reception here on GAF.

/

You base your decsions off other fellow gamers? Shame on you....if the majority of GAF members suddenly enjoyed having sex with horses..would you? :lol

Top Bottom