• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Specific scenes from an anime/cartoon that you'd love to see in live-action

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
Goku turning into super saiyan for the first time on planet Namek. I think of all the transformations, this is my favorite one. It still gives me chills just thinking about it (Faulconer music included).

I'd realistically expect a live-action version of this to be awful, but I still enjoy imagining it.

Fandangox

From Hunter X Hunter:

Leorio punching
Gon's Dad
in the face in an auditorium full people, while also flipping him off, and getting and standing ovation.

LordOfChaos

8d70633a737998b904b04d00b0a8116c.gif

Malreyn

The Animatrix scene with the Humans last battle against the machines that takes place before the events of the movies

Linkark07

Banned
Bankai Ichigo vs Bankai Byakuya. The best fight in Bleach and the best moment in the entire series.

Or Ichigo vs Kenpachi. I can live with that one too.

liquidtmd

Banned
254351-akira-big-scary-monster.gif

Lots of bits of Akira would be incredible live action in the hands of a good director with no interference and an 18 rating.

Never gonna happen.

NandoGip

Dragon Ball would be a good live-action Netflix series.

An alternate reality got an amazing Dragon Ball live action movie instead of DB Evolution.

It really would be so perfect. Small cast, easily condensed story, perfect fit for Hollywood's infatuation with teen action "trilogies" where they split the last movie into two parts. The effects wouldn't even be over the top until towards the final movie.

BTW, the writer of DB Evolutions actually penned a letter apologizing to fans.
http://thedaoofdragonball.com/blog/news/dragonball-evolution-writer-apologizes-to-fans/

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
These Gundam gifs. I've never seen the show but the original always looked extremely appealing to me. I only have Netflix and Amazon. Anyway to get into this show?

KAOz

Short bus special
Some of the fun fights in Hellsing I think.

Like when he materializes an army. Or crash the plane into a ship. Or shoot the fight with the Valentine brothers.

Could be trippy as fuck if done right.

Spike vs Pierrot le Fou fight
tumblr_n0k9br2xuR1rpfx57o2_250.gif

The Asuka EVA fight from End of Evangelion
tumblr_n46zlqSFm01s8sotmo1_250.gif

And of course, this. I can imagine the entire theater cheering.
tenor.gif

Daingurse

Kamehameha vs Galick Gun is the hypest moment in all anime for me. I'd love to see that beam struggle in a live action movie.

Another good one would be the Palace Invasion in Hunter x Hunter. That moment was so intense. Would love to see that sequence brought to life.

hS312wV.jpg

Branduil

Nothing because any scene I can think of is already good and I don't view live-action as some inherently superior medium.

pbayne

Im still waiting for the transformers movies to do the Starscream betrays Megatron angle and becomes leader. I think he's dead though, so lol not happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom