• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Speculation* Call of Duty 2020 to Be Set in Vietnam or the Pacific Front.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://gamingintel.com/call-of-duty/2020/sources-cod-2020-vietnam-pacific-front/

Gaming INTEL has received exclusive information that Call of Duty 2020, set to be developed by Sledgehammer Games, is expected to be set in Vietnam or the Pacific Front.

The rumor mill for this year’s upcoming Call of Duty title is already well underway, but in this article, we want to cast our gaze even further than the latter half of this year to the end of 2020, when Sledgehammer games will be releasing their next Call of Duty. A very reliable source has informed Gaming INTEL that CoD 2020 will be set in either Vietnam or on the Pacific Front.

This information comes from an incredibly early stage of the game’s development, and since informing Gaming INTEL our source has become disconnected from the project, but nevertheless, if the game develops on its current course players should prepare for another historic Call of Duty next year.

Not a big CoD fan but if that was true I'd have to give it a look. Not a lot set during that time period, especially on consoles.

Also wish the next BF would be Vietnam or in an alternate 80's where the cold war went hot.

been wanting this for BF. TBH im not sure if that era would be done justice in a CoD game (unless they expand on their 64 player game modes)

a Vietnam/Cold War game really needs helicopters blasting CCR and Hendrix or its a waste of time

anthraticus

Banned
What these military shooters need is a campaign with some actual mission & level design that isn't just a glorified shooting gallery. Doesn't matter what the setting is when it's the same boring popamole formula with a different skin.
Sucks that some of these sub genres like tactical shooters completely died out, and you're just left with this shit now.

A modern Hidden & Dangerous type tactical shooter would be something I would actually upgrade my PC for.

Last edited:

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Not a COD fan or a Vietnam War fan.... that sounds kind of weird... y'know what I mean.

Would be cool if it was like... Cyber Vietnam. Like, we go back there in the year 2085 to fuck up some commies.

Mattyp

Gold Member
I want infinite warfare 2

Honestly one of the best single player story FPS of this gen.

But Vietnam or Korea? About ducking time sign me up. BF Vietnam and Vietcong used to be my jam.

Finally some Australian troops now to.

Last edited:

brian0057

Banned
Hmmmmm.... a Call of Duty game set in the Pacific Theater or in the Vietnam War, you say.

tumblr_n22ucooCqo1si5zsvo5_250.gif

tumblr_mxepfc7NxB1qi2twuo5_r1_400.gif

DeaDPo0L84

I have been very curious how they are going to handle the mp portion moving forward cause MW is absolutely killing it. Would they release another mp and cannibalize some of the player base?

obin_gam

Wichever makes us play in 'nam, I'm buying it.
I'm thinking either:

BATTLEFIELD
V I E T N A M

or

CALLOFDUTY '65

Last edited:

Honey Bunny

There was a famous story, some reporters asked a door gunner, “How can you shoot women and children?” and he answered, “It’s easy, you just don’t lead em so much.”

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
It's not gamers fault for wanting a Call of Duty Vietnam however over these next few months I think it's fair to speculate what the theme of the next COD will be, FPS shooters kinda hint to being modern (Rainbow Six, Modern Warfare etc. Vietnam was a big war, but I don't expect it to come back.

I've always wondered just how much more succcesful the series would be if they put in the same effort they do for the multiplayer into the campagin.

Joey.

Huge COD fan...so whatever it is...day one from me.
Hopefully Warzone is included day one too.
Vietnam and Cold War seem super interesting.

Im a big COD geek but i dont know with Corona and the sudden 1 year shorter development cycle how Treyarch is supposed to pull it off. They royally fucked with BLOPS4 by not making a satisfactory campaign so they just released it as MP.

Usually we get COD announcement around March. BLOPS 4 and Modern Warefare both came out in August, WW2 in October. ITS ALREADY AUGUST! lol wtf is happening, not a single screenshot or confirmation.

Well BLOPS4 BR was active when MW abd Warzone came out. Tho I'd prefer they keep Warzone that keeps getting updated and even a new map rather then a team with limited time to make their own.

Shmunter

Well BLOPS4 BR was active when MW abd Warzone came out. Tho I'd prefer they keep Warzone that keeps getting updated and even a new map rather then a team with limited time to make their own.
No matter how great WZ is, just let it die and allow a new one take it's place.

No more COD if it's going to be approaching 500 GB or more for the next-gen systems. My COD: Modern Warfare on the PS4 Pro is already over 240 GB and growing with every new update.

Top Bottom