• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Speculation* Looks like loot boxes are coming to Fallout 76.

haxan7

Banned
Last ditch effort to make money, seems like, going by the number of players posted in the PSN thread

Virex

Banned
Don’t worry. With the server population shrinking every day in a year’s time Fallout 76 will be a true single-player experience

Virex

Banned
Sad to see what they've done to this franchise.
Imagine in 1997 when Fallout 1 released you could have a quick peak into the future and see what the franchise will become. Fallout 2 is still the best Fallout game. And it’s depressing to see what Fallout now has become. Bethesda has damaged the Fallout brand

Ozrimandias

First, the simplification on the dialogues - Fallout 4
Then the glitches - Fallout 3, 4 and NV
Then the plastic and cartoonish look - Fallout 4
Then All Fallout 76
Now Lootboxes

I've never seen a company put so much energy in kill its own franchise.

done with Fallout.
Thanks Bethesda

TacosNSalsa

Let me just throw up on this turd and see if people will like it then!

I apologize , that's gross :messenger_medmask:

Last edited:

PSlayer

At this point, that 4chan leak is most likely true. Also, it's pretty evident that they will try to suck up as much money as they can from the small install base who bought this game in a first place, in order to recup the money.

People should just stop supporting Bethesda at this point. The Gamming community as a whole gave too many free passes to them over the last 10+ years. From broken,visually dated games running on archaic engines ,to paid mods and now this. Any other big AAA dev would be boycotted for way less than that.

Filben

Imagine in 1997 when Fallout 1 released you could have a quick peak into the future and see what the franchise will become.
Nobody would have believed it.

Bethesda should just move on and abandon this abomination. But they won't if they can still squeeze money out this shit. People need to stop buying this kinda crap.

I am thankful this game exists and played out like this as a cautionary tale for Games as a Service.

Releasing it incomplete and like shit, overpromising (and I am being generous using that term), and heavy handed monetization, 'Beta testing' just being a marketing tool to push preorders

GaaS could work but we are seeing more and more that Publisher greed and rush to release makes the concept pure, unbridled shit.

Last edited:
gotta recoup that money some how

Is this a trend though? are companies not putting in loot boxes to avoid media controversy on release, and then adding them later on hoping it goes a little more unnoticed? either that or they are getting shoehorned in after the fact to games that need money asafp for bombing

Last edited:

Hissing Sid

For every Pyramid, Sistine chapel and Ecstasy of Gold there’s a Rian Johnson, Tracy Emin and rap music.

For every mouthful of Ambrosia there must be a corresponding movement of the bowels.

The universe demands balance and Fallout 76 in all its shit-pile festeringness, is a vital part of that ongoing process. Bethesda is literally doing God’s work.

I can’t wait to see what amazing feat of humanity is on the opposite side of the scales on this one. We must be in for one hell of a treat.

Last edited:

dorkimoe

Don’t worry. With the server population shrinking every day in a year’s time Fallout 76 will be a true single-player experience
I'd be shocked if it lasts a year. I think its already 39 bucks and thats not even on sale anymore right

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Here is your lootbox Bethesda:

tumblr_mu75rfu6Iw1skue9mo1_500.gif

Last edited:
LOL, but isn't that the point of the producers, that their play actually becomes a sucsess instead of a bomb and now they owe more money than they have because they sold off the play to to many investors?
I meant that their plan succeeded in creating a colossal flop. If one wanted to create the most hated game ever made without obviously trolling, I'm not sure how you'd do anything differently than Fallout 76.

Nelsin

Banned
I said this before there is something sketchy going on in bethesda over the last few months. This is definitely not the bethesda we know of before FO76 development.

WaterAstro

With that garbage from their mobile game, it's no surprise.

Game is doing poorly, so they're switching gears to take what they can from the whales before the game dies.

Raven117

Goodness Bethesda....

Im sorry, but "Starfield" and ES6 better truly be exceptional video games that are leagues better than anything else they have ever created. There are simply better developers out there that are doing what Bethesda does but better and not treating their customers like garbage. (Looking at you CDProjektRed)

BibiMaghoo

The game is in supermarket discounts at £26...

There are games released months ago sitting on the shelf next to it at higher prices. It must have performed really, really poorly so I'm not at all surprised.

cryptoadam

Banned
I meant that their plan succeeded in creating a colossal flop. If one wanted to create the most hated game ever made without obviously trolling, I'm not sure how you'd do anything differently than Fallout 76.

I guess the follow up question which Producers? The original with Gene Wilder? The remake? Or the Curb version LOL.

EA and Behesda should join forces between BF V and Fallout they sure know how to troll their audience.

Can this be nominated as one of the posts of the year?

Like I am going to rob this joke and tell it to my friends and act like I came up with it.

Last edited:

Enygger_Tzu

Banned
I said this before there is something sketchy going on in bethesda over the last few months. This is definitely not the bethesda we know of before FO76 development.

Actually, yes, yes it is, the Bethesda of the past 12 years, actually.

Horse armor, bug ridden games, streamlining of the RPG elements, bad story telling, attrocious voice acting, console ports not working, modders fixing their broken games, lies, Prey for the God's indy team targeted, paid mods, online-only FO.....and then this.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Could lootbozes and the addition of P2W items in the atom store (I read this, correct me if untrue) signal a move to Free to Play is coming?
Interesting speculation and I'm inclined to think this is very likely. I mean it's sitting at a Metacritic of around 57 who is going to actually pay money for this turd at this point, so they will need to get more players that they hope will buy their loot boxers. Good luck with that, Bethesda, free is overpriced for this PoS.

zeorhymer

I thought this was known since they mentioned "Lunchboxes." The major consumers of this are people on consoles since that's where they got their money to begin with in the Creation Club. What sucks is that they'll keep doing this shit because they get so much money from the consoles.

PSlayer

The best thing they could do now is wait a little and announce this as free to play. Nobody will pay to play this game anymore and it's clear that they will fill the game with heavy microtransactions.

Yes people who paid full price will get pissed but it's not like they aren't already with all these discounts.

Mooreberg

They're obviously at the point of simply trying to make as much money from the existing customer base as possible. If hitting $35 so fast didn't provide a huge boost in sales, it is already too tainted to win people over. Interesting thing about people being so gung ho about "GaaS future" is that you have to acknowledge that the failures are a bigger deal than a game simply selling below expectation. This was supposed to be an ATM machine for them while Starfield and ES VI were developed, and that isn't happening now. Silver lining for them is that the game was so different conceptually and in terms of content (in bad ways) that if they deliver what is expected on the next game, this won't be the same reputational stain as delivering a bad game in the mainline Fallout of Elder Scrolls single player franchises.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Here is an all will be forgiven trade for Bethesda from me:
Instead of loot boxes, give us legit single player content, bug fixes.

DO that and I'll give Fallout 76 a chance.

Listening Bethesda?

Top Bottom