• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Speculation* Looks like loot boxes are coming to Fallout 76.

roflcaust

Neo Member
I've been playing the game quite a bit over the last few weeks and every day, there's less and less players logging on.

The few people I met on launch week haven't logged on. I haven't counted more than 18 people in each server I land since I started counting 10 days ago (server limit is 32).

Per my anecdotal experience, game is not doing very well.

TBH, it's not a very good game. I'm just OCD and like loot-shooter games but I'm almost L50 and past this point, you can't put anymore SPECIAL points to level up or make your character stronger. I'll probably quit then.

Does the game deserve as much flak as it's getting? Absolutely. It should have never released in this state and Bethesda should not get a free pass for releasing a game that is mediocre at best.

Zog

Banned
Goodness Bethesda....

Im sorry, but "Starfield" and ES6 better truly be exceptional video games that are leagues better than anything else they have ever created. There are simply better developers out there that are doing what Bethesda does but better and not treating their customers like garbage. (Looking at you CDProjektRed)

Why give them an out?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Don’t worry. With the server population shrinking every day in a year’s time Fallout 76 will be a true single-player experience

tenor.gif

StormCell

First, the simplification on the dialogues - Fallout 4
Then the glitches - Fallout 3, 4 and NV
Then the plastic and cartoonish look - Fallout 4
Then All Fallout 76
Now Lootboxes

I've never seen a company put so much energy in kill its own franchise.

done with Fallout.
Thanks Bethesda

Sure you have. Are you forgetting about that black hole of a publisher, EA??

Bankai

Awesome! Lootboxes is the only thing this game needs for it to truly suck the biggest *ss known to mankind.

Alebrije

giphy.gif

No matter if this becomes true , hope less people support the game and it dies ASAP. Also due to the big amount of Outher Worlds adds on you tube it seems the game could be released soon.

Last edited:
I received this piece of shit for free and can't bring myself to play it. These asshats think that this trash is going to somehow motivate people to spend money on lootboxes? Lol Christ, I'd rather drop money on below average shit like Elder Scrolls online and yet
even that's never gonna happen despite it being a masterpiece compared to this steaming turd. What in the flying fuck is Bethesda smoking these days?

Man, they're really doing their best to break the record in "How to loose your entire fan base in less than two months".

It's a tight race between Battlefield V and Fallout 76 right now. It's like everyone involved with both were replaced with their bizarro universe counterparts.

haxan7

Banned
last ditch desperate attempt to minimize losses on a failed game.

I guess they really need the money or they would have preserved their integrity and focused on future releases

anthraticus

Banned
Here is an all will be forgiven trade for Bethesda from me:
Instead of loot boxes, give us legit single player content, bug fixes.

DO that and I'll give Fallout 76 a chance.

Listening Bethesda?

You're delusional and seemed to have missed this post. They're not hearing anybody.

tumblr_mu75rfu6Iw1skue9mo1_500.gif

Last edited:

Woo-Fu

Banned
Seems like a good idea, anybody crazy enough to still be playing will also be crazy enough to buy loot crates.

Last edited:

radewagon

Imagine in 1997 when Fallout 1 released you could have a quick peak into the future and see what the franchise will become. Fallout 2 is still the best Fallout game. And it’s depressing to see what Fallout now has become. Bethesda has damaged the Fallout brand

If we're being honest here, people would have lost their damn minds over how amazing Fallout 76 would be. It's a profound technological leap over the original Fallout. 1997 gamers wouldn't care about the glaring flaws because they'd be too dumbfounded by how much better the game looks than what was currently available.

But that's only if we're being honest. If we're not being honest, they'd be hugely disappointed and in a rage or something.

Ar¢tos

This game is like Incompetence and Greed had a baby. The articles and threads about the game seem to be more entertaining than the game itself.

Don’t worry. With the server population shrinking every day in a year’s time Fallout 76 will be a true single-player experience

😂 Lol. It’s funny I said something similar to someone the other day since the online seems so empty and lonely all the time and evaporating as the days go by.

The game is already in hot water with the community. Adding in loot boxes could be suicide since so many people loathe them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom