• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Speedrunning Thread - RESETRESETRESET

Jokab

METROID PRIME BY MILES

Yes.

They should do a SM64 120 star race with Siglemic Vs. HYassin27

Siglemic isn't going to run SM64 at a marathon again. From what I've gathered it's mostly because of haters. I think he said something of the effect "If you're not on WR pace the run sucks ass and is uninteresting", not sure if that was Sig's own opinion or if he was paraphrasing haters.

TUSR

Banned
Siglemic isn't going to run SM64 at a marathon again. From what I've gathered it's mostly because of haters. I think he said something of the effect "If you're not on WR pace the run sucks ass and is uninteresting", not sure if that was Sig's own opinion or if he was paraphrasing haters.

Sig is a pretty negative guy, but the reason I said race is because that's the only way a SM64 run at a Games Done Quick meetup would be fun.

TUSR

Banned
@Siglemic 2h
70 wr 48:28 x)

Siglemic don't give a fuck.

No one was even close to his 49.09 70 star on JN64

Jokab

VC over N64 for SM64 saves way more time than 13 seconds and ique is only really useful for any% due to slow save warps.

The point is that if the competing runs had been done in equal conditions, the older run would still be the fastest. That goes for both HYassin's and Cosmo's run. Doesn't take away the fact that they both got the world records, though.

Velcro Fly

ique is 13~ish seconds faster then jp

so we are in the same situation like sig and hyassin27

pretty much

although without cosmo putting in the work to figure it out we'd never know how fast it was.

with a 100% perfect RNG and perfect execution run I think he could get sub 19 on an iQue.

even adding around 13 seconds he's still at 19:28 on Japanese VC which would still put him 2nd best in the world. he majorly fucked up the ganon fight and had a bad start which was 8-10 seconds total. he even said during the stream the previous WR is better played but that his time was faster because of the iQue.

Emitan

If you took that awkward Skype run while it was in the green and then took his Ganon's Castle from the WR would it be sub 19?

Revven

holydiverj, a newish speedrunner is doing 24 hour speedrun attempts of The Last of Us. He's a pretty nice guy and you know, watching how a recently released game is ran is always fun.

http://www.twitch.tv/holydiverj

He also currently holds the WR (not that that means much right now, but then that sort of is how any game starts out in the community).

TUSR

Banned
Mofat won me over at SGDQ2013. Such a good guy, I only ever watched him a couple of times when he was high on SRL, now I find myself tuning in whenever I get a chance.

Velcro Fly

Bonesaw also on WR pace for Jak and Daxter. Lost time on last split but still on pace for WR.

I don't know who to watch!

Velcro Fly

Bonesaw still a half second ahead of WR.

Only about 20 minutes left in his run.

edit: Bonesaw is now 15 seconds ahead of WR pace going into the last part of the game.

Pry yourselves away from Cosmo for a second to see this!

Velcro Fly

Fuck yes Bonesaw!

WR goes down by 20 seconds! 31.5 second improvement over previous PB.

Now it's time to dance!

edit: all green splits. holy shit.

Top Bottom