• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Speedrunning Thread - RESETRESETRESET

Velcro Fly

Werster about to finish a Heart Gold run during his 24 hour marathon. All he's got left is Red.

He's about 4 minutes ahead of PB time and I'm unsure of the status of the WR.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
http://www.twitch.tv/cosmowright

Cosmo's 1:39 ahead after Forbidden Woods, and this is compared to the good part of his WR. He got really sloppy later so he may potentially crush it now.

Edit: Posting this stuff on gaf is always a curse, I swear. I'm sorry cosmo. :p

Holden

ZeldaSpeedRuns%20Marathon%20Commission%2003.png

(starts this friday)

http://zeldaspeedruns.com/marathon

tww any% cosmo
mm 100% ennopp
oot 100% zfg
tp any% pheenoh

+ lots more

that link face lol

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

I guess Siglemic is the latest to end up a liar and go pay-to-chat despite saying he would never go sub-only. Fucking hate it when these assholes on Twitch think they are big shit and do this. Maybe if you actually moderated your damn chat, you wouldn't get trolls.

Sig has sub only chat now?

IMO while he is an amazing super mario 64 runner his attitude can really get annoying, guess this is the kind of person he is and his fame is not helping him any.

Does he even stream much any more? I still follow him but he only appears on my twitch feed about once a week.

Sig has sub only chat now?

IMO while he is an amazing super mario 64 runner his attitude can really get annoying, guess this is the kind of person he is and his fame is not helping him any.

Does he even stream much any more? I still follow him but he only appears on my twitch feed about once a week.

A donator during SGDQ called him out during his run for barely streaming anymore. He said, "I'm really going to ramp up streaming in August." I think he streamed a total of four times the entire month.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I guess Siglemic is the latest to end up a liar and go pay-to-chat despite saying he would never go sub-only. Fucking hate it when these assholes on Twitch think they are big shit and do this. Maybe if you actually moderated your damn chat, you wouldn't get trolls.

I think the problem though is, Compare say sigs chat to cosmos and sigs is so so so so far more fucking vile and it's all directed to him. There's an insane amount of hatred for whatever reason towards the guy when he streams.

So it's no surprise he has gone to a sub only mode of chat for now. Even moderation didn't help all the bullshit he was getting.

I'm sure his ego over the little while has caused some disappointments to a few viewers, but god damn his chat was hard to watch.

Cosmos chat is just full of people enjoying the run and joining in with events that happen. Same can be said about adam_aks.

For whatever reason, Sigs just gets an insane amount of hate in his chat.

Velcro Fly

That moment when you realize Siglemic doesn't owe you a fucking thing.

I mean seriously if he doesn't feel like streaming he isn't going to. He's pretty much stopped streaming practice, stopped doing cam and mic, and now has gone to sub only chat because the vocal part of his fanbase and chat are truly the dregs of twitch chat. People whined when he'd practice. People whined when he'd casually play something just for fun. People whined when he was learning OoT. He's gone to sub only before and it's never lasted for longer than a week or two.

Seriously get over it because no one on twitch that streams owes you anything. Even if you are a sub and someone never streams, it's $2.50 a month and you can cancel it any time. Siglemic isn't your bitch. He isn't your employee. Get over it.

When did I ever say he owed me anything? I just expect people to not lie, which he did. Simple as that and there's no defense for it. People had been begging him for months to get some real mods in there to stop all the "BigNig" nonsense and other shit that happened in there and he didn't care. But now he suddenly cares when there's a money incentive.

Velcro Fly

When did I ever say he owed me anything? I just expect people to not lie, which he did. Simple as that and there's no defense for it. People had been begging him for months to get some real mods in there to stop all the "BigNig" nonsense and other shit that happened in there and he didn't care. But now he suddenly cares when there's a money incentive.

I don't see a problem going sub only for a little while to stop chat spam. I don't see it as lying considering this has happened before. He's said before something like speedrunning shouldn't be about the runner but about the game. It was right before he stopped doing cam and mic and just played the game. It's happened before and it will pass. Really though chat isn't a huge deal.

If he was only out for money he would have been sub only a long time ago and would stream a whole lot more. People would watch him play anything so he could learn a new game and stream it 5 days a week with sub only chat and make a ton more. His chat is notorious for being awful so being sub only right now is the exact opposite of caring about the money.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
People like chatting in those spam fests?

It honestly depends on who the streamer is. For example Adam and cosmo both interact with chat a fair bit. There's the "spam" but it's mostly toward the game and what's going on, Not so much frankerz's and all that sort of shit.

With adams, People will say he missed the package, even when he didn't. Just because it was a thing that happened a while back during a mission.

Cosmos, The entire chat will do AHHHHHHHH when one specific singing moment happens in WW and cosmo gets a little kick out of it.

Chats perfectly fine for these guys, it's not a horrible shit fest at all compared to people like sig.

Velcro Fly

demon's on a run that could crush cosmo's time

http://speedrunslive.com/#!/Demoon9

Yeah I think he's going to do it.

Apparently Cosmo has some new routing or strats or something that cuts off even more time where getting something absurd like a 4:22 is possible with a perfect game basically.

Also it bears repeating Cosmo lost probably 1:30 to 2 minutes because his second half was really sloppy. There was some sub 4:30 hype and he easily could have done it but he was really sloppy. Looks like demon has a good chance of doing it.

Revven

Yeah, there's a cuts tab too so you can see what games were cut and the reasoning for them. SM64 had a one-handed proposal from Peaches but it was cut :(

I'm also a little sad that Skyward Sword was cut but I totally understand why (its length and there's already a good amount of 3D Zeldas for it that are faster and considered better watches). Also, Metal Gear Rising made the cut which is AWESOME, that game NEEDS more love.

I think Mike Uyama said that the schedule should be posted late September-early October. The reasoning for the schedule getting made so soon is in case runners drop out and they can then easily slot in replacements using the game cuts list.

Emitan

Banjo-Kazooie
Bastion
Castlevania Rondo of Blood
Chrono Trigger
Dishonored
D&D:SoM
Fire Emblem Rekka no Ken or Sacred Stones
Kid Icarus
Kirby's Adventure
Mark of the Ninja
Metal Gear Rising
Metroid Prime
Metroid Zero Mission
Ninja Five-O
Perfect Dark
Pokemon Heart Gold
Star Fox 64
Yoshi's Island
Viewtiful Joe

Holy shit it's like I picked this list

TUSR

Banned
Holy shit it's like I picked this list

So god damn glad that Miles is doing Metroid Prime, its a shame that MP doesn't get the love it deserves because of how good and popular Super Metroid is.

I hope that RWhiteGoose makes it to AGDQ. Such a great guy/streamer. Goose'isms.

LordAlu

In other news, Zoast got a sub 45.

44:55 Super Metroid Any%
Zoast finally broke that 45min mark? Nice!

I also didn't realise Twilight Princess No Save&Quit has a new WR, 3:35:27 by Rodner. Pheenoh's 3:36:36:36 is finally broken!

Velcro Fly

No SM64?

Fuck that.

Sig is probably the one person in the community with a positively toxic following. So I can totally see them not wanting to do it unless he did it because it would get really bad.

They are doing like a 0 star or 1 star glitch run or something I thought. Maybe it was something to donate for to get into the marathon?

Velcro Fly

Also there is a literal ton of Zelda and 2D Mario.

Glad to see controllerhead and Checkers both make it. Enjoyed watching both of them this year. Controllerhead with some awesome SML2 runs/races and Checkers doing various Mega Man games.

Top Bottom