• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-man 2 -- Chapter 6 glitch? (GC version)

Ristamar

So I was playing Spider-man 2 last night, and one of the objectives was to visit Mary Jane's apartment. According to one of the FAQs I glanced at today, you head through a door, read a note, and then have to rush to the movie theater to change by a dumpster.

Well, I never entered her apartment, nor did I read any note, and I don't recall changing by the theater. For whatever reason, when I was in front of the theater (as Spider-man), I advanced to Chapter 7. I had completed all the other mission objectives in Chapter 6, but I'm postive for certain I didn't do the MJ mission. Anyone else experience something similar?

I don't really mind having "skipped" the mission and whatever little cutscene comes with it, but the completist in me is a bit frustrated. I plan on going for a 100% completion rate, and I was hoping this won't somehow fuck it up for me.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I think all the main missions are linear, so even if it made you "skip" it, I doubt it would affect your ability to get 100%.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
You dont actually go in to her apartment, you just go up to her apartment block and a cutscene plays there (as i remember the note is actually on the door), and you dont get changed at the theatre because you are too late, i think you see her come out and meet John Jameson.

Edit:
Actually, i dont think you do go to her apartment in that mission (i only rented it so i cant check), you just remember you were supposed to be at the play, so you start swinging, then some random crime happens you have to stop so you dont get there till too late and the JJ thing plays as i already said.

Good Luck getting 100% by the way, no way i could do all the crap you need to do for that.

Ristamar

Eh, maybe I skipped the scene. I though I saw a note on a door outside, then BAM, I was going into Chapter 7. I could've tapped the A button and passed it over without even knowing it. The FAQ is definitely misleading, if that's the case.

Good Luck getting 100% by the way, no way i could do all the crap you need to do for that.

Thanks. I know it's going to be tough, but I really dig the challenges. Finding all the stupid tokens is going to be the most tedious and frustrating task.

Ristamar

Eggo said:
No, getting all the mega times for the trick races is harder than finding the tokens.

Harder, perhaps, but those I actually enjoy. I've already started completing some mega-times, though the tougher ones will have to wait until I get better upgrades.

Top Bottom