• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man vs. Rocket League

Vote for your Game Of The Generation!

• Spider-Man

Votes: 175 61.2%
  • Rocket League

Votes: 111 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

.Pennywise

Banned
This match is part of the Game of the Generation Tournament. For rules, details and current brackets go to the Tournament thread (Click)

ecFKngK.jpg

Sethbacca

I really liked Spider-Man, but I don't think I've played anything as much as I play Rocket League. I kind of hope they do some cool cosmetic shit like add raytracing and such for next gen versions since it's going F2P. It's not a super heavyweight game so I think 4k/60 with RT should be doable or no RT and go for 120fps

Last edited:
Spiderman was too long and grindy/repetitive (if you went for the platinum anyway) but the gameplay was just so superb. It was a real blast.

Rocket League I didn't like really. I would like a straight racing game with this engine. No football.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Hmm, Niche-man vs Rocket League.

Nothing against Rocket League, its a fun game. But its impossible to ignore how much niche Niche-man game is.

Zoro7

Banned
I put sooooo many hours into Rocket League but most of those hours were frustration. Spider-man was my second platinum so I voted for that.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Loved spiderman, but rocket league has had a much bigger impact on gaming this generation imo. Really awesome seeing Psyonix support the game over the years and find a way to provide free content long after the initial release.

spiderman is masterfully crafted, but rocket league is that onec in a generation game idea which is so simple but so genius. The very first time i saw this i thought: DAMN its such an obvious idea, i wonder why nobody else thought of it before. RL will be played in 10 years. Spiderman will be replaced by the next big spidey game.

Pejo

I feel like Spider-Man will walk away with this one because Rocket League is a niche game. Once you get "in" to RL though, you will get lost in it for hundreds of hours. It's still my favorite "oh shit I've got 20 mins to play a game, what should I load up?" game. I probably have more hours in RL than any other single game in the past 5 years.

Also, I find that in RL, like in bowling, there's a tiny window where I've had just enough to drink to be awesome vs. when I pass that threshold and I just blast right by the ball every other play and totally whiff easy goals.

Camreezie

Both of these were great. I platinumed both but I feel like because of the multiplayer and quick play I got more out of rocket league and will continue to do so

Fbh

This one is really hard as I really like both games, but I think I have to go with Rocket League.
Spider Man was great but it's basically a very solid Spiderman adaptation of the Batman Arkham formula.

Rocket Legue feels a lot more unique, and there's nothing quite like it out there. I've been playing (on and off) since it launched and it's the first multiplayer game since like Halo 3 which I've stuck with for this long. I love the deep learning curve and high skill ceiling, and despite having tons of cosmetics and microtransactions I really like the "pure" nature of the actual matches. There's no "loadouts" or skills or randomly placed powerups, etc, it's a true even ground for everyone which is something I miss seeing in more multiplayer games.

Spider-Man was okay, but Rocket League is constantly staying relevant, so I can't possibly vote for anything other than it as a "Game of the Generation". My pupils are still playing Rocket League and watching Rocket League videos, and no Spider-Man in sight. In my opinion they both merely okay, but Rocket League has clearly earned its place.

Vawn

Banned
Yo Spider-Man, I'm really happy for you, Imma let you finish but Rocket League is one of the best videogames of all time…one of the best videogames of all time!

Rocket League is the only game in existence that I play on a daily basis. Every day I play at least 3 or 4 matches and this has been going on for years. This is an easy choice for me.

Yoboman

Rocket League and I dont get why its not celebrated for how fucking good it is. And original. It is the deepest and most skill intensive game I've ever played

I love Spiderman, but its not close IMO

BigLee74

Single player Batman clone via an online gem with limitless replayability. Not even close. Rocket League it is.

Oppoi

The best things in life is knowing you made so many people rage quit or smash their controllers in what game?

Enjay

Banned
How are these match ups even done? It's so random lmao.
Yeah I know that it's just a messageboard award so who GAF but this is probably the worst, most convoluted, and needless award format I've ever seen. PS5 preorders are simpler.

Elcid

Banned
No contest, Spider-Man. And I played the fuck out of Rocket League, but Spider-Man is just perfection.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
How are these match ups even done? It's so random lmao.
After the 20th weird match up I think it is done purposely. No if anyones keeping score of what is winning and how the games even make it to "THE BEST" category either.

Tekken 3

Top Bottom