• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spike Chunsoft Announces the Return With Fire Pro Wrestling World

Shizuka

After the tease on Twitter last week, Spike Chunsoft announced they will be returning to the Fire Pro Wrestling series with Fire Pro Wrestling World.

The most recent entry in the series was 2012’s Fire Pro Wrestling for Xbox 360. The series is known for not having any licensed characters on the roster, but instead creating characters that hold likenesses to real life wrestlers with different names.

In order to distinguish itself among other fighting games, the game uses a grabbling based timing system that adds strategy to the sport as well as assists the game’s special move mechanics. This, combined with a large variety of different modes and character the game has kept the series relevant since its first release in 1989.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2017/03/02/fire-pro-wrestling-return/

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
wowwww yessss

please come to Switch, this in portable form is like a dream for 13 year old me

Kurita

ao1DZ.gif

Platy

Holy shit that games looks UGLY AS FUCK
Like "shitty emulator filter" ugly.

But it does seem to be fun to play

18-Volt

PS4? Come on, I want to retire my PS4, but this won't help a little bit. I guess I have to learn to love this console.

Karak

Dear god I want it.
Dear god its a bit shit looking lol

Even as a day one original title fan who fucking translated his own Saturn version...that looks rough hahaha

Pumped. Would like a Vita version to go along with the PS4 one, so please based Spike Chunsoft :)

Either way I'm really excited for this. I remember importing the PS1 and Dreamcast games. Good didn't I have no idea what half the stuff was and I was terrible but still.

Holy shit that games looks UGLY AS FUCK
Like "shitty emulator filter" ugly.

But it does seem to be fun to play
Honestly the game has never been a looker, but some of the older games are considered to be good/fun games. I will definitely get this for Steam and if it ever comes out for Switch (not port begging) I will double dip.

It's on PC?! YES! YES! YES!

Been playing Fire Pro since X Premium on the Super Famicom in like 1997. Seriously some of my favorite games of all time.

Ya Early Access in Q2, my bad

I just saw a tweet that says online play for first time in series

IMAGINE Steam Workshop with Fire Pro
IMAGINE Fire Pro Mods
IMAGINE

Top Bottom