• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spike Chunsoft Announces the Return With Fire Pro Wrestling World

Merkunt

Sprites look a tad rough from the videos, but I'm mostly in it for the Creator and gameplay.

Also, I thought port begging was frowned upon in this forum? Almost every thread is littered by it.

Ya Early Access in Q2, my bad

I just saw a tweet that says online play for first time in series

IMAGINE Steam Workshop with Fire Pro
IMAGINE Fire Pro Mods
IMAGINE

What the hell could you even mod with a fire pro game that you couldn't already do with the in-game edit suite? Unless they skimp out on WWE gimmick matches that you don't see in Japan.

Foffy

Banned
Also, it looks like it's not deviating too much from Fire Pro Returns...

I imagine this means we will see ports of content made for that game really early on, regarding rosters.

Homies, we may see a more current WWE roster in FPW before WWE's own game in the fall.

tumblr_nnu3s7WTSO1tsqlmuo1_400.gif

Holy shit that games looks UGLY AS FUCK
Like "shitty emulator filter" ugly.

But it does seem to be fun to play

Get Out

Dear god I want it.
Dear god its a bit shit looking lol

Even as a day one original title fan who fucking translated his own Saturn version...that looks rough hahaha

I bought a Saturn just for this game. How would u improve its look? Different Sprites or a new art style all together?

Dear god I want it.
Dear god its a bit shit looking lol

Even as a day one original title fan who fucking translated his own Saturn version...that looks rough hahaha

Dude it's all about the gameplay man. Graphics don't mean shit when it comes to FPW!

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Sprites look a tad rough from the videos, but I'm mostly in it for the Creator and gameplay.

Also, I thought port begging was frowned upon in this forum? Almost every thread is littered by it.

there was no platform announcement when i posted, but if you have problem take it to a mod - backseat modding is also against TOS

Foffy

Banned
This HD update is brought to you by SuperEagle

They know the game is niche, so they likely cannot rock the boat too much.

Iterative games aren't too bad when the last installment came out 12 years ago in Japan.

Anyone expecting a revolution from Fire Pro Returns with Fire Pro World assumed too much. You're getting more creative updates, a more current roster, and tweaks under the hood.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Anyone expecting a revolution from Fire Pro Returns with Fire Pro World assumed too much. You're getting more creative updates, a more current roster, and tweaks under the hood.
exactly what I want tbh

A filter toggle would be nice though.

mollipen

I mean, I knew it was coming from the teases, but I'm still so excited by the reveal. Started on 6-Man Scramble, and looking forward to jumping back in yet again.

smokeyp

Yes!!! Steam?! YESS!! Online?! yESSSESESESE

This is awesome. Put this on the Switch and I will double dip. For sure.

They know the game is niche, so they likely cannot rock the boat too much.

Iterative games aren't too bad when the last installment came out 12 years ago in Japan.

MANAGEMENT OF THE RING

MANAGEMENT OF THE RING

MANAGEMENT OF THE RING

MANAGEMENT OF THE RING

Foffy

Banned
exactly what I want tbh

A filter toggle would be nice though.

I don't mind the filter. I mind what new goodies we'll get.

I was hoping for 10 man tags, but an 8 player limit seems I'll only ever get to see Los Ingobernables de Japon in Team matches. :(

Bebpo

Banned
Was worried when it was teased that in 2017 there was no way they'd still do a 2d game and it'd be some generic low budget 3D looking wrestler.

Yes! Awesome that it's still 2d! Hopefully it has the full robust character creater that the old games had.

Not digging the sprites looks like they are just running an algorithm or a filter on them and calling it a day. Either way buying cause its Fire Pro

1-8 local players on PC leads me to believe they are sticking with a maximum of 8 players. I was hoping for 10 but this will do.

I'm going to guess this will have a US release (otherwise why hold the reveal event in the US?) but I'll import if I have to. I can see Spike Chunsoft doing a digital release if they can't get away with a physical one in the states.

Either way, I'm glad this is for consoles (and one I own!) no mobile shit. I'm hoping for a really substantial roster.

1-8 local players on PC leads me to believe they are sticking with a maximum of 8 players. I was hoping for 10 but this will do.

I'm going to guess this will have a US release (otherwise why hold the reveal event in the US?) but I'll import if I have to. I can see Spike Chunsoft doing a digital release if they can't get away with a physical one in the states.

Either way, I'm glad this is for consoles (and one I own!) no mobile shit. I'm hoping for a really substantial roster.

A GDC reveal is surprising. I doubt they'll do a physical release, but it's almost guaranteed to be English since it's on STEAM

Sheentak

We dont need a roster thats what the community is for.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

It looks like it's already localized (from Twitter):

Top Bottom