• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spin-off Thread: Best Cereal Ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Bowie

Team Cheerios was the shit, but I still have a deep, profound love for Captain Crunch sans Crunchberries.

Belly up to the bar, folks. Favorites?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Razzle Dazzle Rice Krispy cereal.

Variety is the spice of life:

Wet:
Cap'n Crunch
Cinnamon Toast Crunch
Original and Multi-Grain Cheerios
Corn Bran
Oat Bran
Apple Jacks
Cocoa Pebbles

Dry:
Shreddies
Life

1337.jpg

Fruit Loops and Frosted Flakes are my favorite. Especially when mixed together.

Dujour

Banned
It already spun off in another thread. I won't say it again, I don't have to. Why? You know it in your hearts... your spirit... your ghosts! Wow, this rain's really makin me sleepy.

Schmo Florez said:
if you wanna go into the licenced stuff its all about the ghostbusters cereal w/ the slimer marshmellows.

My favorite movie ever, did not produce my favorite cereal ever. Quite sad. Though I did really like it.

hobbitx

TN_WWF_CEREAL__2.JPG

I used to love this cereal and those little flip books rocked!

My favorite cereal currently?
waffle_crisp.jpg

God is this cereal delicious, I liked it when they had bigger pieces better though.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
french toast crunch. it's the most.

years and years ago trix was really unbelievably great. it was tangy, and came in little spheres that would implode if you sucked on them. then at some point they changed it to horrible palate-lacerating fruit shapes. and then shortly after that they changed the flavor to this anonymous sweetness with a totally inappropriate hint of peanut butter. now trix fucking sucks.

Seth C

drohne said:
french toast crunch. it's the most.

years and years ago trix was really unbelievably great. it was tangy, and came in little spheres that would implode if you sucked on them. then at some point they changed it to horrible palate-lacerating fruit shapes. and then shortly after that they changed the flavor to this anonymous sweetness with a totally inappropriate hint of peanut butter. now trix fucking sucks.

Actually Sera, doesn't this guy mean Cinnamon Toast... Crunch!?

Dujour

Banned
I thought it was Crunch! I could be wrong. It's been a long, long time since those saturday mornings with the smurfs.

EdLuva

ManDudeChild said:
Is that for real? It looks like a joke ... but he was huge in the 80s.

Yes, Mr. T cereal was real.

BTW, the best cereal to eat dry is Cracklin' Oat Bran.

Cinnamon Toast Crunch is good too.

robot

Captain Crunch, Cinammon Toast Crunch, and Fruity Pebbles are definetly my favs.
There was this cereal like 10-12 years ago called Circus Stars or something, had like 17 different marshmallows and 1 corn puff. It was like eating bizarro Lucky Charms.

OmniGamer

ManDudeChild said:
Is that for real? It looks like a joke ... but he was huge in the 80s.

Yeah it's real...it was even in PeeWee's Big Adventure. "I pity tha foo', who doesn't eat my cereal!' Something like that.

Anyway,

Picture%20015.jpg
=Win!

Pimpwerx

Golden Grahams is hands-down the best cereal ever conceived.
01600069320.jpg

It tastes soooo good, and it'll make you shit big too. :D What a great combination. If you don't eat 'em, the terrorists will win. PEACE.

shoplifter

FortNinety said:

SHIT YES.

That cereal was actually good.

"Inky, Pinky, Blinky and Clyde...they're the marshmallows that hide inside of PAC۰MAN!"

Other favs:

Cocoa Pebbles (Fruity leaves a film in the mouth, though I still partake of it's splendor from time to time)
The Monster Cereals (Especially the Count)
Strawberry Honey Bunches of Oats
Wheaties (classic)
Life (both standard and cinnamon)
Cinnamon Toast Crunch
Golden Grahams

Cereals I hate:

Cap'n Crunch - it tears the hell out of the pallette
Nintendo Cereal System - for the same reason

Please don't get me started on cereal discussion. I have spent over an hour at times in the cereal isle discussing particular qualities and failings of cereals with friends and loved ones, much to the dismay of my wife.

Flynn

The original recipie for Trix (before they made them fruit shaped and waxy) was awesome.

The new Reduced Sugar Trix tastes pretty close to the old school version.

bjork

Pimpwerx said:
Golden Grahams is hands-down the best cereal ever conceived.
01600069320.jpg

It tastes soooo good, and it'll make you shit big too. :D What a great combination. If you don't eat 'em, the terrorists will win. PEACE.

iawtp

warhead

Loops.jpg

That's my breakfast, I don't live in a real cereal country so there's not a lot of choice, usually only Kellog's stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom