• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spiritual successor to Nintendo Power, "Nintendo Force" announced

dc89

So I downloaded Mag Cloud to my iPad. I've searched for Nintendo Force and it didn't find it. Help?!

Edit: purchased through the Mag Cloud website, paid with PayPal. Magazine is now downloading to the App once I signed in with the account I created online. Pretty simple when I actually thought about it logically :p

too expensive man. -.-

USPS First Class International: $10.25
About 3-4 weeks. No tracking.
FedEx International Economy: $20.32
Estimated delivery date: 22 JAN 2013. Includes tracking.
FedEx International Priority: $24.50
Estimated delivery date: 18 JAN 2013. Includes tracking.

:( i want one

Hello, all!

You may not know me, I'm Poopaloop from over on ********** and I was also on staff for Nintendo Force. I'd like to personally thank everyone for their support so far, it means so much to us! I'll try answer a couple quick points on here now, but if anyone requires any further information, you can always reach us at forcefeedback@nintendoforcemagazine.com

Firstly, I can completely understand your feelings regarding the pricing. Due to the fact that NONE of us on staff are taking a cut from this project, naturally it's just as much in our best interests as well as yours to keep pricing down, so I can definitely empathise if you cannot justify $18 on a magazine. We intend to work at lowering prices for our subsequent issues (and are more than happy to take any suggestions regarding alternative printing methods to do so!), as well as having subscriptions hammered out by the launch of our second issue. Basically: we don't intend to use MagCloud going forward, at their current pricing structure. However, at this stage it was the best choice for distribution and logistical factors, so that is the reason for the pricing. As MagCloud charges 20 cents per page, only 99c is 'added' on to the top, and that is going to charity.

All proceeds from the digital version go to charity. The physical copy is more a premium item, with the digital version being our main product at this point.

As far as which charity the money is going to, there is a reason we have not detailed this. I want to categorically deny, once again, that ANY of our team are taking a profit from Nintendo Force. The reason we haven't detailed the charity in question is for fears they would feel we are using their charity's name to push our product; once we have received the OK from them, we'll be happy to make that reveal. I believe most of you could figure out which charity it will be anyway, if you look at the clues that have been left it would be child's play to work it out.

Again, I hope that explains a couple of things. Feel free to contact me at the above address if you have any more questions.
Hi sorry for quoting the whole post but you were in the bottom of the last page.

Also, have you thought about international buyer? I wanted to try an issue but it will cost like 25 usd for me here......

I was excited about this, but that price is brutal.

Maybe I can swallow it, just this once, if they plan to have things sorted out going forward.

Darryl

Banned
purenintendo.com pulling off a $20 yearly print subscription (bi-monthly) and those guys look like complete amateurs.

purenintendo.com pulling off a $20 yearly print subscription (bi-monthly) and those guys look like complete amateurs.

Their magazines looks amateurs too, not that Nintendo Force is any better in that sense since NF are not showing any sample of their articles.

Frolow

Banned
Seeing as they're not going to detail the charity the money is going to, I won't be buying it.
While I don't doubt the money is going to charity, there's a very good chance that the charity they've chosen is one I don't advocate for.

tim.mbp

Seeing as they're not going to detail the charity the money is going to, I won't be buying it.
While I don't doubt the money is going to charity, there's a very good chance that the charity they've chosen is one I don't advocate for.

It's pretty obvious from the "hints" that its Child's Play.

Edit

I believe most of you could figure out which charity it will be anyway, if you look at the clues that have been left it would be child's play to work it out.

doemaaan

wow, i Completely missed this news last month. i see that the first issue was released just recently too. aside from raging about the price, is the first issue any good?

Darryl

Banned
Their magazines looks amateurs too, not that Nintendo Force is any better in that sense since NF are not showing any sample of their articles.

no i agree, purenintendo looks like a total amateur cash-in on the whole nintendo power death thing. yet they're somehow capable of pulling off a $20 subscription option. i was expecting better from nintendo force.

Looks decent. Anyone subscribe to this?

no idea, it's not too bad for $20 bucks yearly print tho. i seen some of their issues prior to their kickstarter and it looked like work that anyone could do - nothing particularly talented nor insightful.

watershed

Banned
So I just finished reading my digital copy of the first issue. Its okay, I like all the art and some of the features. The best part was probably the interview with Renegade Kid because that's exclusive and you learn about their next project. The rest was hit or miss. I prefer reading videogame news online where you can watch trailers and see higher quality screens at the same time.

I'm not sure if I will be buying the next issue. There are better reviews for the games they covered online and very little information included in the issue couldn't be read elsewhere on the internet.

I think the only thing that can sell a project like this are the quality of its features like the Retro look back and things like that. When people write passionately about something I care about that resonates with me.

Also, for digital buyers I found the "read online" option to be much better than reading the pdf. I think it was easier to navigate or something.

donny2112

Got the magazine in the mail today, so it should be getting out to people who ordered on the first day pretty soon. Haven't read it, yet, though, so no impressions. Still have the last two Nintendo Powers to catch up on, too. :)

Kazerei

Banned
So I just finished reading my digital copy of the first issue. Its okay, I like all the art and some of the features. The best part was probably the interview with Renegade Kid because that's exclusive and you learn about their next project. The rest was hit or miss. I prefer reading videogame news online where you can watch trailers and see higher quality screens at the same time.

I'm not sure if I will be buying the next issue. There are better reviews for the games they covered online and very little information included in the issue couldn't be read elsewhere on the internet.

I think the only thing that can sell a project like this are the quality of its features like the Retro look back and things like that. When people write passionately about something I care about that resonates with me.

Also, for digital buyers I found the "read online" option to be much better than reading the pdf. I think it was easier to navigate or something.

Thanks. Any other impressions?

Noogy

So I just received my first printed copy (didn't realize it was $18 an issue until after I bought it), but it's fantastic. Amazing print quality, feels more like a book than a magazine for sure. And of course I'm really digging the content.

I really hope they can figure out the print costs on this thing, because I'm already a fan and would love to subscribe to a physical version.

watershed

Banned
Thanks. Any other impressions?

I'm not sure what else I can say about it. Its a well produced magazine, the layout and design are nice. I like the art and fan contribution stuff a lot.

But like I said in my earlier post I can only see this succeeding if it has content that isn't available on gaming websites or just stuff that other people haven't thought of. For example I think it would be great if the magazine took an in-depth look at swapnote or miiverse or even a look back at slipnote for the dsi. But showing off and talking about swapnote or miiverse or flipnote is probably easier done online where you can show videos along with them. But that's the kind of thing that would keep me coming back. Or stuff like how 1up has a blog entirely dedicated to rpgs old and new and kind of chronicle the writer's playthrough of different rpgs.

The quality is phenomenal! I really, truly feel this is a worthy successor to NP, and can't wait for the next issue. Already hard at work on my next envelope art entry, NF X Earthbound.

Just wanted to post a couple thoughts about the first issue, having read it all.

I really like it alot. Beaides some of the retail reviews, I pretty much read it all. It maybe helps that I myself don't actually read articles on GN, NRW, or NL all that often (the only sites I visit for Nintendo news at the moment) but I just really liked all the stuff in it. Loved the comic aswell.

The quality is phenomenal! I really, truly feel this is a worthy successor to NP, and can't wait for the next issue. Already hard at work on my next envelope art entry, NF X Earthbound.
And thanks to this guy, I was able to get the physical and digital version for a $25 amazon card since I myself didn't have a cc. So thanks again Padawan! Also Earthbound art? Awesome. I'm not exacly sure what art you had in the first issue, but I enjoyed it all.

I have also made a short video review if anyone wants to see it at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7_PlOkBDTo

I say short, since we kept getting interrupted as you'll see in the bloopers section at the end if you keep watching. Lulz.

I am keeping my issue sealed, since I have the digital version for free. Can't wait for the next issue yall! I eagerly look forward to it. Yall somehow got me back into magazines. Hope the magazine lasts for a long while and is successful. Yall better have a Animal Crossing Cover story just for cover art! :p

Neiteio

I'd need to see a couple sample spreads before I feel comfortable with a possible purchase. NP had immaculately professional writing. I'm fussy about the editing and such in products such as these, so I would want to make sure the technical quality is there.

It takes 16 people for this?

Figuring even 50k a year per person, that's 800k before any other costs. That means 27k print + digital subscriptions to maybe break even.

This won't end well.

Top Bottom