• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon devs are posting regular updates on Twitter: Weapons, controls, story, more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBoss

Hey, me again!

As promised, here is our new Video of the Turf War-Multiplayer (7:40 Minutes): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqQLftOBM4w

And we also have already uploaded our Video for the new Mode, Splat Zone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW-4asvI064

And yeah, I know, it isn't 6ß fps, and I am very, very sorry for it :( but the guys at Nintendo captured it only with 30 fps, even if the capture Device was able to do 60. Hope you still enjoy it. :/

(Especially my kill at Splat Zone about 3:00 :p)
Thanks for the videos, they were great. I think you have the only footage of the Blaster in action from the event, so thanks for that.

And you guys rendered your videos in 60fps, so it makes it smoother than if it was rendered in 30fps, which is nice. I'm guessing you guys used frame interpolation or something.

Thank you for the great videos. I think you're the best player out of all the press videos we've seen. Your videos are switched up though. We saw the top video yesterday. The splat zone video is new.

Hm, yesterday I only postet the Video for the Singleplayer. Maybe you aready saw it elsewhere =D and thank you :)

Happy that you guys enjoyed it. :)

RedFyn

Hm, yesterday I only postet the Video for the Singleplayer. Maybe you aready saw it elsewhere =D and thank you :)

Happy that you guys enjoyed it. :)
Oh yeah I guess it must've been in the gameplay videos thread. I knew I saw it somewhere on GAF.

I just noticed the reinkarnation when you respawn. Love all these little touches.

CA70AQ7VEAAwZxk.jpg:orig

これは総合アウトドアブランド「シグレニ」。 本格的なアウトドアグッズを取り扱うブランドだが、ファッションとしても人気が高いらしい。 高級感のあるダウンベストや本格的なブーツは、イカの若者たちの憧れの的であるようだ。

That outdoor style. Fashion and squids.What a combination

Exile20

Man. This looks like a pre-rendered ad you'd see in an old video game magazine. So clean. I'm clearing out my whole backlog so that come May, it's all Splatoon, all the time.

That map looks awesome. I can wait to see all the maps they are making. I wonder what build was it that was shown off.

69wpm

CBGHNg5VIAA6QXR.jpg:orig

コイツの名前は「バイタコトルーパー」。
タコトルーパーより強力な攻撃を仕掛けてくる上級戦闘員らしい。
よく見ると、2本の足の片方でレバーを操作し、片方でボタンを連打している。
1秒間に何連射できるのだろうか。ひとつ勝負してみたい。

IO6doRc.jpg

コイツの名前はバイタテタコト…あイタ!舌噛んだ…。
コイツの名前は「バイタテタコトルーパー」ら。イテテ……。

Squidsauce

trixx

why does paint roller look so op. I hope it uses more pain than it currently does. Great videos btw duckie. That triple kill was crazy.

Jintor

Im on my phone... But...

"This guy's name is " bai takotrooper"

Seems like they've got stronger attack than regular octotroopers... A higher class of soldier.

You can often see them use their two tentacles to pull levers or push buttons.

They can shoot you in a second. You might want to take them on one on one "

(Extremely rough translation)

Exile20

Im on my phone... But...

Seems like they've got stronger attack than regular octotroopers... A higher class of soldier.

Thanks for the translation.

L~A

Im on my phone... But...

Thanks a bunch. I hope you'll translate the rest when you get back home :D

atr0cious

why does paint roller look so op. I hope it uses more pain than it currently does. Great videos btw duckie. That triple kill was crazy.

The preview version didn't have the paintbrush, the shotty/burst gun, and probably a few more. The triple kill was only because the people weren't paying attention. Almost any heads up battle with a roller ended up with the roller dead unless the other player was dead terrible, and then roller vs roller is a double kill which is just great. Then on top of that, the roller looks pretty worthless with wall covering and traversal with the roller, in general, seeming a little more stunted, with you having to approach barriers and ramps differently than anyone else.

I'm personally looking to run with the charge shot first, then assuming the paintbrush will be an unlock, grab that for turf war and the shotty/burst gun for Splat zones.

DaBoss

You can also see in some videos that the ranged attack for the rollers have lower priority or something against someone using a Splattershot.

Azure J

You can also see in some videos that the ranged attack for the rollers have lower priority or something against someone using a Splattershot.

Not to mention all that startup and cooldown.

I honestly feel like sniper rifle might have the highest potential at current between building means to zip in, get key players on an offending team then zip out safely. Being self-sufficient on your own released ink is also a massive plus.

RedFyn

I read his comment as the amount of ink being layed down is op. Which is the point of the weapon.

What do you mean by this?

plank

So going by some of the latest screen shots. I guess the paint brush will be like the roller except with a higher rang melee attack.

plank

If someone with a Splattershot and someone else with a Splatroller shot each other, the ink that would remain on the middle part of the the area covered in the ground would be the Splattershot's.

Or it could be the ink the Splattershot player explode into?

TheMoon

The preview version didn't have the paintbrush, the shotty/burst gun, and probably a few more. The triple kill was only because the people weren't paying attention. Almost any heads up battle with a roller ended up with the roller dead unless the other player was dead terrible, and then roller vs roller is a double kill which is just great. Then on top of that, the roller looks pretty worthless with wall covering and traversal with the roller, in general, seeming a little more stunted, with you having to approach barriers and ramps differently than anyone else.

I'm personally looking to run with the charge shot first, then assuming the paintbrush will be an unlock, grab that for turf war and the shotty/burst gun for Splat zones.

the roller seems for covering the rear with defensive play strats in mind or stealth strats where you go around the enemy through ink and then just roll them over from behind.

RedFyn

the roller seems for covering the rear with defensive play strats in mind or stealth strats where you go around the enemy through ink and then just roll them over from behind.
For turf war I disagree. Its the best painter and should be used to take control of the map. For splat zones in not quite sure but the stealth option might be the best.

If someone with a Splattershot and someone else with a Splatroller shot each other, the ink that would remain on the middle part of the the area covered in the ground would be the Splattershot's.
Do you have the footage of this? I'm really not sure what you mean.

TheMoon

For turf war I disagree. Its the best painter and should be used to take control of the map. For splat zones in not quite sure but the stealth option might be the best.

That's sort of what I meant. Use it to quickly cover lots of ground (since the walls don't account for points anyway) in the back-half of the map while others harass or hold off the enemy on the frontline. Of course that's speculative since I don't know how it works in practice. :D

RedFyn

That's sort of what I meant. Use it to quickly cover lots of ground (since the walls don't account for points anyway) in the back-half of the map while others harass or hold off the enemy on the frontline. Of course that's speculative since I don't know how it works in practice. :D
Gotcha, it'll be interesting to see all the strategies that come out if this. I'm excited for it.

DaBoss

Do you have the footage of this? I'm really not sure what you mean.
I'm an idiot. While looking for footage for it, I realized it isn't priority, but the rate of fire being higher for the Splattershot making it so the Splattershot would be able to "trump" the Splatroller's ink.

Google translation
"This weapon "Wakaba shooter". It is a weapon came young people in the Stylish City is in hand from the beginning. Range is short, but power is also low, fire faster, less consumption of ink. Name as the "Wakaba", it's so has become easy to handle even novice performance."

'I have obtained a video of Wakaba shooter. Although a beginner, it is not as weak weapons. If well operation, also it's possible to argue a weapon of generic. Please check."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp673vb1-zI&feature=youtu.be

Nap1400

It looks like the Splatoon equivalent of a Scattershot or something. Wide spread of fire, which makes it good for covering territory but bad for kills.

Regiruler

That gun looks pretty good assuming you can get in close enough. It's early but it looks better than roller to me.

Roller has very limited vertical usability. You notice in the skate park that because of how the walking works, you aren't able to get the sides of the rink, which limits your mobility as you can't access the higher ground, giving any opponent up there a tremendous advantage.

It looks like this new one has a reliability issue, but doesn't have the same inability to access high areas. You notice the ramp in the gif fills up in a second.

Exile20

Roller has very limited vertical usability. You notice in the skate park that because of how the walking works, you aren't able to get the sides of the rink, which limits your mobility as you can't access the higher ground, giving any opponent up there a tremendous advantage.

It looks like this new one has a reliability issue, but doesn't have the same inability to access high areas. You notice the ramp in the gif fills up in a second.

Good post.

People are calling the roller op but honestly i don't think so. Once you get the COD mentality out of your head you will see it really isn't.

thefro

Good post.

People are calling the roller op but honestly i don't think so. Once you get the COD mentality out of your head you will see it really isn't.

The other thing to keep in mind is the weapons come in a set, so even if one main weapon is stronger it might get paired with a crappy sub-weapon/special weapon.

SmithnCo

Good post.

Yeah the inability to easily "shoot and swim forward" is gonna be a problem with roller. That's partly why I'm leaning toward sniper so far based on vids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom