• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon Esports Tournament Series Launched In Japan - Over $1 million

Gsnap

Ink or Sink proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that with the proper commentary and spectator setups, competitve Splatoon is a juggernaut waiting to be unleashed. The game is so dynamic and full of high skill/high entertainment factor moments that the moment it becomes a thing, it'll probably be my second most watched thing on Twitch/in competitive gaming outside of fighting game events.

Seriously, anyone mildly interested in the game or it's competitive potential, just give this a watch sometime. It's a fantastic set between two squads (EDPP and Squid Squad Clubs) that was streamed recently.

Seriously. That's intense stuff. I hope various modes take off. I'd love to see pro rainmaker matches.

Ink or Sink proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that with the proper commentary and spectator setups, competitve Splatoon is a juggernaut waiting to be unleashed. The game is so dynamic and full of high skill/high entertainment factor moments that the moment it becomes a thing, it'll probably be my second most watched thing on Twitch/in competitive gaming outside of fighting game events.

Seriously, anyone mildly interested in the game or it's competitive potential, just give this a watch sometime. It's a fantastic set between two squads (EDPP and Squid Squad Clubs) that was streamed recently.

I gotta start watching and playing this game more. I'm really behind when it comes to this level of play.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Interesting how Turf War has become the de facto competitive mode even though it isn't a ranked mode in the game.

Well shit, if any of these Japanese squads need a Krakon roller who will cover the map and help his team win 90% of the time, I'm willing and able.

Gsnap

Rainmaker might just be the best mode currently with a coordinated group. It's just so much fun.

Agreed. You can really see why they saved it for last. It's so intricate. Take the focus of tower control, add the mobility of turf wars, and then add the dynamic of the rainmaker itself (shield and everything) and you've got a pretty complex setup.

khaaan

*sigh* I really need to get back into this, I haven't played for a long time now. Even my family members who normally don't care about videogames have heard a bit about Splatoon and ask me why I don't play it anymore.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

Will Def watch when I get home

mclem

CMw6w8FVAAAoyHB.jpg:orig

"To the Splatmobile!"

Top Bottom