• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT| Squidstyler

NotLiquid

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

tH9IJpK.png

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

NotLiquid

image.php

Want to get together with fellow GAFers and stage your own Turf Wars? You're in the right place.

The thread should be considered the primary means of communication. In the event that GAF is down, or for those who simply prefer it, there's also the IRC channel #SplatoonGAF on irc.rizon.net.

To access the channel, use your favourite IRC application or simply click this Mibbit link.
http://mibbit.com/?channel=#SplatoonGAF&server=irc.rizon.net

To be able to talk on channel, you must first log in by sending a message to the channel's bot, judd.

Code:
/msg judd !login password

Enter the above as you would a normal chat message, replacing "password" with the current password (quote to see): ****
In Mibbit, a speaker icon should appear next to your nickname. Please PM protomouse if it doesn't work for you.

Below is an NNID Exchange Google Spreadsheet. As of current you are free to add your own NNID.
QUOTE TO REVEAL

Please do not share the Google Spreadsheet outside of GAF. If any abuse is caught it will be privatized and all inquiries will be handled privately.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mobile/Bandwidth-Friendly GAF
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Splatoon OT

General Information
Platform: Wii U
Developer: Nintendo EAD Group No. 2
Genre: Third-Person Shooter/Platformer
Players: 8 Players (Online), 2 Players (Local)
Price: $59.99 / £34.99 / €39.99 / ¥5700
Size: 1.8 GB

Release Date
US / EU: May 29, 2015
Japan: May 28, 2015
Australia: May 30, 2015

Splatoon is a brand new IP from Nintendo, and their take on the third-person shooter genre. Take control of a brand new all-star cast; a race of squid-kids called Inklings, and battle it out in an all-out turf war. Cover the territory in ink, and use the constant shifting dynamic to your advantage by transforming into a squid and surfing up the colorful splatter in high speed! In this new action game, pro-activity is always the name of the game, and each action taken counts on the messy, colorful road to victory.

The core of Splatoon is comprised of it's multiplayer. This is designed predominantly around online skirmishes, where 8 players divide into two teams, and battle it out for turf dominance. Battling online increases your Level, and will earn you plenty of perks and spoils to use in the process. Online modes come in two varieties - Regular and Ranked. To play in Ranked you need to have attained Level 10 in Regular battles. You will also be ranked by Skill levels in Ranked battles to assist matchmaking.

Turf War (Regular Battle) divides players into two teams and has them battle for who can cover most turf in the team's selected color paint.
Splat Zones (Ranked Battle) will see teams battle for control of a capture point in a King-of-the-Hill style mode. This mode will only be unlocked after a several amount of players have crossed Level 10.
Tower Control (Ranked Battle) is Splatoon's take on the similar TF2 mode Payload. Teams have to take control of a tower and deliver it to the opposite end of their point. This mode will be made available during Summer 2015.
Rainmaker (Ranked Battle) is a mode that is scheduled to be made available in Summer 2015. No info of this mode is known yet, so stay tuned.
Battle Dojo is Splatoon's local multiplayer mode. One player will use the Wii U Game Pad to play and the second player will use a Pro Controller on the TV. Both players battle to pop most balloons and collect power ups.

Featured as well is a fully fleshed out single player component with it's own set of tools and gimmicks. In Splatoon's single-player campaign (Hero Mode), you venture deep into the subterranea of Inkopolis in search of the city's stolen power source. You find yourself at the heart of Octo Valley, home to an exiled race of militant octopi: the Octarians. Here you must rely on your wit, your weapons, and your agility - and move swiftly and decisively into enemy territory!

~More Info coming soon~

Shahadan

I prefered Get Ready to Dye but oh well ;(

Great OP regardless.

I'm so ready! Will avoid the headhache of the reviews drama for now though.

Kouriozan

I'll main roller and train as hard as I can to be good with it, it's not going to be easy.
Saw some interesting strats and need to test them, come on Amazon, dispatch it already!

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I have this weird compulsion to open my wallet at launch price (which I never do), and I think it's because I've been waiting for cool original first party Nintendo characters since the early 90s (I'm not a big Pikmin guy).

Also the fact that the game is crack based on the Spitfires, and I need more.

Robin64

Wonderful! Looks great. Absolutely can't wait to get my hands on this game, I hope it does well.

Also, anyone else order from the official Nintendo UK store and have something similar to this?

OC56Ycq.png

Kinda sucks. :(

The_Dude

Just thought I'd mention the Amiibo triple pack is available in Australia as well. Probably won't end up playing this as it's multiplayer focused, but nice OT and I hope you all enjoy it!

RiggyRob

I have this weird compulsion to open my wallet at launch price (which I never do), and I think it's because I've been waiting for cool original first party Nintendo characters since the early 90s (I'm not a big Pikmin guy).

Also the fact that the game is crack based on the Spitfires, and I need more.

It's funny you say that - from what I've seen the bosses in the singleplayer mode have a very Pikmin-esque look to them.

Just got an email from TGC that said Splatoon has been dispatched, so it should be here tomorrow!

PaulloDEC

Oh hey, did the Australian release date get pushed back a day? I swear it said the 29th when I pre-ordered.

Anyway, nice OT! We're kids soon. We're squids soon.

lonely

Wonderful! Looks great. Absolutely can't wait to get my hands on this game, I hope it does well.

Also, anyone else order from the official Nintendo UK store and have something similar to this?

OC56Ycq.png

Nope sorry! Mines out for delivery right now after getting an email from Nintendo yesterday saying its been dispatched.

Gyro, tried analog in the Testfire because my brother was playing just before me, I played horribly T-T
I need to find a happy medium lol, tried gyro's on Testfire and gotta find a right sensitivity for me, else I might go back to analog and near full sensitivity lol.
From my short time with it at PAX, definitely analog. Nice OP!
Are you gonna give gyros another try or probably won't?

OC56Ycq.png

Did you order on the second restock? Or slightly later? Mines been dispatched but I ordered on second restock.
Nope sorry! Mines out for delivery right now after getting an email from Nintendo yesterday saying its been dispatched.
Mine says (yodel tracker D:) will be delivered on the 29th does yours?

I went analog for the first stress test and it felt fine. I tried gyro during the last stress test and after a few minutes, I finally got used to it and it does feel better. It just feels a bit more accurate once you got it down.

18-Volt

A game releasing on my birthday is always a good game.

This time it's a new IP from Nintendo itself. Couldn't ask better birthday gift from Nintendo.

Top Bottom