• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon Ver 2.0.0 Patch Notes

Robotguy

I have so much trouble fighting Krakens. They're big, fast, invulnerable killfields that can jump up and (iirc) spray ink when they do a little twist. If anyone could give me some tips that aren't "git gud lol", that we be much appreciated
They're not that fast, you can out swim them in squid form. If you're wearing ninja squid you have a speed nerf, so it may be harder to straight up outrun them. Typically if I have ninja squid I tend to try to circle around behind them and then shoot them when they de-kraken. If you have a high enough rate of fire weapon you can potentially stall their advance by shooting at them, as they suffer some knockback when they are hit. However, they can still approach you by moving diagonally relative to your fire instead of straight on.

I have so much trouble fighting Krakens. They're big, fast, invulnerable killfields that can jump up and (iirc) spray ink when they do a little twist. If anyone could give me some tips that aren't "git gud lol", that we be much appreciated

As a frequent Krakener I've seen a lot of people simply swim away and then "up" things if there's ink on it. Corners are my blind spot and although I can see the ink moving when you swim away and kind of blindly smash in the general direction you were in, a lot of people have eluded me by going around corners.

So try that maybe.

If you have a rapid fire blaster, simply shooting directly at me is a pretty good way to stop/slow me down. I've found a little trick around that, but I have to keep that close to me lol
it's usually either simply continuing to spin to try and break around the blast, or swim to the side because literally no one can shoot anywhere but in front of them

Ansatz

It's hard to discern which blaster type you're facing to position yourself accordingly, they should change that instead of nerfing my inkzooka.

Why do they keep mentioning "S and S+ ranks" ? Is there no S- rank?

It's hard to discern which blaster type you're facing to position yourself accordingly, they should change that instead of nerfing my inkzooka.
I'm sure you can tell Luna Blaster apart from the others. Apart from that I totally understand. I even get .52 and .96 Gl lmuddled (I know .96 has a longer nuzzle).

Is this out yet?
6th August. Surprising the OP did not translate that one bit.

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/628492387749269505

CLjafmoUkAAkfIF.jpg:large

CLjZSKQUMAAUJ-L.jpg:large

Jackano

You could always earn the Amiibo equipment through the single player, it's just two stars instead of three and says 'Replica'.
You're mixing up things I think.
Either the art shows old stuff as well, or it is a different version.

I think they should do something for the way to grab gear. I have a couple of each type left to buy, but my shops never give me stuff I don't own already anymore.
And checking the plazza is tidious. I can't remember every piece of gear I own or recognize shoes like that. They should add some sort of light effect on the inklings on the plazza who owns something you don't. And buff the odds to have something new in the shops.

ViviOggi

Half of the gear on that first pic is old: Jungle Hat, Snorkel Mask, the shoes on the 2nd, 3rd and 5th kid, the butt-ugly Amiibo mask, the right boy's cap and maybe the left girl's shirt as well. Not sure how you'd get Amiibo gear being earnable in-game out of this.

Exile20

splatoon-squid-girl1-656x805.jpg

Back in June, it was revealed that Splatoon would be getting a costume based on the Ika Musume (Squid Girl) manga. It’s finally been confirmed that the new outfit will be added in Japan following this week’s big update.
According to leaks from the latest issue of Famitsu, there are three components to the Ika Musume costume in Splatoon: hood, dress/sleeveless, and shoes. It sounds like there will be a male equivalent as well.
It’s still unknown if Nintendo will be adding the Ika Musume costume here in the west. We should be finding out pretty soon at least!

http://nintendoeverything.com/ika-m...-to-splatoon-in-japan-with-this-weeks-update/

Alright, can we get a little clarification here? Is this update being released on the 5th or 6th? Because I'm hearing a lot of back and forth between the two.

Alright, can we get a little clarification here? Is this update being released on the 5th or 6th? Because I'm hearing a lot of back and forth between the two.

I believe it's 5th in America, 6th in Europe/Japan. So probably late at night on the 5th in America, but early Morning In Europe

L~A

Hat: Opening Gambit (I think)
Clothes: Damage Up
Shoes: Swim Speed Up

Cheers! So we have...

Ika Musume hat

- Brand: Shinryaku! Ika Musume
- Gear Power: Opening Gambit
- Rarity: * *
- Price: 1600

Ika Musume dress

- Gear Power: Damage Up
- Price: 2000

Ika Musume shoes

- Gear Power: Swim Speed Up
- Price: 1700

Looks alright?

Busaiku

You can't use it in any offline modes so they wouldn't do that. Not sure why they couldn't make it Japan exclusive though.
They would still be running around online, meaning Nintendo would have to purchase worldwide licensing rights for it.
So unless they just decide not to release it, despite having paid for it, it would come out.

Azriell

Some nice stuff in this update, but still no Pro Controller support. Maybe one day, but until then my copy will remain unplayed.

They would still be running around online, meaning Nintendo would have to purchase worldwide licensing rights for it.
So unless they just decide not to release it, despite having paid for it, it would come out.

They could make it so non-Japanese players see it as another outfit.

oni-link

Some nice stuff in this update, but still no Pro Controller support. Maybe one day, but until then my copy will remain unplayed.

Pro controller doesn't have a gyro or a place to display the map

I mean, they could patch in support for it with a map on screen, but I don't think they want to or will

No gyro would reduce how much fun it would be, as you'd be playing with a handicap

I'm in general not a fan of motion controls but it's hard to deny they work well in Splatoon

That said the Pro controller is one of the best controllers I've ever used, and I always use it if possible with any Wii U game if its an option

Vecks

Pro controller doesn't have a gyro or a place to display the map

I mean, they could patch in support for it with a map on screen, but I don't think they want to or will

No gyro would reduce how much fun it would be, as you'd be playing with a handicap

I'm in general not a fan of motion controls but it's hard to deny they work well in Splatoon

That said the Pro controller is one of the best controllers I've ever used, and I always use it if possible with any Wii U game if its an option

In the battle dojo mode, they do have a special trick to getting gyro on the pro controller by attaching a wii-mote. But even so, I still don't see them removing the gamepad as the controller.

I doubt that matters to them. If he specifically wants to use the Pro Controller, chances are, he doesn't care for gyro support. He'll have just as much fun playing with a gyro-less Pro Controller as anyone else would with a GamePad. Heck, I use the GamePad without gyro, and I still enjoy the game just as much as those with it on.

Everyone has different preferences, y'know. Disadvantage or not.

Your loss then. The touch screen is integral to the online game for keeping track of the action and super jumping. If they did patch in pro controller support you'd be playing on gimp mode.

Edit: Though I suppose they could do two controller support ala Pikmin. Pro for movement and pad for touch screen. Still gimped, just less so.

Your loss then. The touch screen is integral to the online game for keeping track of the action and super jumping. If they did patch in pro controller support you'd be playing on gimp mode.

You could still put a map on screen, and map Super Jump locations to the d-pad

Top Bottom